Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Patient zero is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

goferchan posted:

Am I crazy or could you destroy the virus in sapienza by shooting a stalactite? I can't find it anymore

if you were a really good shot you could destroy the virus just by shooting it with the pistol lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Now time for Morocco which I'm not looking forward to.....
Morocco is one of my favorite maps just for the marketplace, but I wish the embassy kill was less easy and the other one was less MGS.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Morroco is really cool but it doesn't feel like it really comes together as a full map, all the parts are too separate. The hotel is underrated imo

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Morocco is one of my favorite maps just for the marketplace, but I wish the embassy kill was less easy and the other one was less MGS.

I liked the House Built on Sand version of the map way better than the main one. The bazaar is more important instead of being a big no man's land.

Colorado was my least favorite map but by the time I got Silent Assassin Suit Only on Professional I realized how awesome it was to clown on a bunch of paramilitaries like a bald headed wraith. I still wish they could have done a slasher-style variation with Colorado where you had to kill frat brothers in the scarecrow outfit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I still wish they could have done a slasher-style variation with Colorado where you had to kill frat brothers in the scarecrow outfit

They put this in as a escalation like a month ago

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
IOI thinks of everything lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

They put this in as a escalation like a month ago

Unfortunately only 1 or 2 escalations are in for the legacy maps right now and there are none in the new ones, and I don't think that's one of them. I read the plan is to add them back in over time though which is cool, there's already an overwhelming amount of poo poo to do anyway (I didn't realize how many bonus missions I had never played, I don't think I knew Patient Zero even existed).

Has anyone maxed out Mastery on a new map yet? What's everyone going to shoot for first? I'm thinking Columbia here, it's probably my favorite after Isle of Svgali but that one is so epic i want to save it for last

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Time to finallyt play this pile for an hour.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Morroco is really cool but it doesn't feel like it really comes together as a full map, all the parts are too separate. The hotel is underrated imo

I love Bangkok but when you play it a lot some of the security chokepoints feel a little too restrictive. I think the briefcase will make those parts more fun though by giving you ways to smuggle items in by throwing it past frisk spots and collecting it on the other side

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Time to finallyt play this pile for an hour.

Lube up that motherfucking refund button

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lube up that motherfucking refund button

It crashed after the unskippabke logo build the first time I booted it up 👍

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book posted:

Just tested this: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/7exyg9/mod_skip_intro_screen/

It appears the Skip Intro mod for 1 still works on 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That tutorial was cool even though I liked the goofy set up of the ICA facility in 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting giddy just looking at the PNGs for each map

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a Purple Rarity Coin Variant for doing SASO on a elusive target...badass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

That tutorial was cool even though I liked the goofy set up of the ICA facility in 1

That's still there too and they've changed the narration a little and added some stuff. Like that guy in the kitchen who always gets knocked out during guided training has bandages all over his head now

edit: but yeah I hope Hawke's Bay gets a variant mission because it's a cool little map. The whole idea of getting all the time you want to set stuff up home alone style before NPCs actually show up is a fun concept

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Within 5 minutes of starting Miami I hucked a digeridoo at Ted Mendez, sauntered into the nearest building, randomly picked up a magazine of the target, and stumbled into the Robocop kill this is already my GOTY

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Within 5 minutes of starting Miami I hucked a digeridoo at Ted Mendez, sauntered into the nearest building, randomly picked up a magazine of the target, and stumbled into the Robocop kill this is already my GOTY

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

There's even a photobooth in the crowd area where you can get your own picture taken if you're interested in a really elaborate assisted suicide setup

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

There's even a photobooth in the crowd area where you can get your own picture taken if you're interested in a really elaborate assisted suicide setup

lol i was just thinking about the chili drinking game, you could poison the drink and then drink it yourself

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

lol i was just thinking about the chili drinking game, you could poison the drink and then drink it yourself

I saw a couple challenges in reference to the chili shot but I have no clue what it's referring to and I've easily spent 10 hours in Miami lol. I like that there are a lot of elaborate kill setups/storylines that aren't even part of the Mission Stories/Opportunities

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

Achievement Unlocked: Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

I did that by accident because i didnt pay attention at the beginning lol. And dont use poison, use the octane fuel booster

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Poison both drinks and build up a tolerance to the toxins for the past 5 years.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I did that by accident because i didnt pay attention at the beginning lol. And dont use poison, use the octane fuel booster

i was wondering if 47 would be smart enough to not light his lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't do anything fancy for the second target, although I did wait for the girl who follows her around taking selfies to be shooting a pic when I threw a screwdriver through the target's skull, traumatizing her for life

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Didn't do anything fancy for the second target, although I did wait for the girl who follows her around taking selfies to be shooting a pic when I threw a screwdriver through the target's skull, traumatizing her for life
Did she react to this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did she react to this?

I had to high tail away from cops but it didn't seem like did anything more unique than the usual Crime Witnessed reaction

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat I didn't realize until replaying S1 stuff how many of the S2 targets are referenced to or alluded to in some way in mission dialogue or bios for your targets or whatever. I have no clue what's going on with the overall narrative but I love all the little connections everywhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As far as I can tell the bad guys built an upside down NERV in the Swiss alps and spend most of their time looking at each other across increasingly outlandish tables

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Patient zero is awesome

Yah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

As far as I can tell the bad guys built an upside down NERV in the Swiss alps and spend most of their time looking at each other across increasingly outlandish tables

lmfao

the one hologram guy like its the fuckin jedi council

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

lmfao

the one hologram guy like its the fuckin jedi council

I've only seen one cutscenethere but I watched it twice bc I couldn't figure out if somebody put on VR goggles mid discussion or if some guy wearing VR goggles was just out of frame until that point

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The intro cutscene about 47's childhood friend gave me a minor relapse into my prodromal phase but then I started playing the game and calmed down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The intro cutscene about 47's childhood friend gave me a minor relapse into my prodromal phase but then I started playing the game and calmed down.

*injects you with AIDS*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I like how 47 is an expert at every job in the world except real estate agent

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

*injects you with AIDS*

This would be impossible as he is already full of AIDS... you wouldn’t be able to fit any more in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*maggie from Hooks “Peter pans gots kids?” Voice* Lunchmeat Larry’s got AIDS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

*injects you with AIDS*

Thank you.