Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Saagonsa posted:

Abolishing our current form of law enforcement/policing does not inherently mean that there would be no other less lovely system that would enforce the laws that would replace it.

Of course that's assuming they meant it in the general leftist "abolish the police" sense.

i'm still not sure whether i like that particular adaptation of 'abolish' since it's at odds with the prior colloquial and practical use of the verb, but i don't have a better one to suggest, so i guess we're just stuck with the followup "by abolish we mean getting rid of the bad parts and the current structure and replacing it with something better, which furthermore would look something li-"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Fart City posted:

There has been a notable uptick of thinkpieces about how badly McConnell has hosed up our government as of late. Makes you wonder how history will consider his legacy. It feels like there is a very good chance he’ll be (arguably deservedly) vilified more than Trump. I mean, both are heinous shitbags, but McConnell’s competency puts him ahead of Trump in terms of destructiveness to the institution, in my book.

He'll be forgotten and the words "partisan gridlock" will be chanted as an explanation for why we're all eating rats and fighting in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DeeplyConcerned posted:

He'll be forgotten and the words "partisan gridlock" will be chanted as an explanation for why we're all eating rats and fighting in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.

There was an opinion piece during the Kavanaugh fracas that called him "the gravedigger of democracy" and I hope that stays around and catches on.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

haveblue posted:

There was an opinion piece during the Kavanaugh fracas that called him "the gravedigger of democracy" and I hope that stays around and catches on.

too bad future generations won't know what graves are, corpses will be either left to rot where they fall or devoured for their nutrients

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Holy poo poo, great job sweeping Japanese internment under the rug

P sure that was bad and not required to beat Hitler or the Japanese Empire, and the people who criticized internment at the time were right to criticize it

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Kobayashi posted:

Supported by a president we all hate, protected by a Senate we can't change. I have to admit, your suggestion that we indict the entire US government as complicit and your tacit call for revolution is the stronger message. I'm in!

lol did a horse kick you in the head or something

truly a genius take: don't talk about the systemic nature of the problem. very good leftism

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i'm still not sure whether i like that particular adaptation of 'abolish' since it's at odds with the prior colloquial and practical use of the verb, but i don't have a better one to suggest, so i guess we're just stuck with the followup "by abolish we mean getting rid of the bad parts and the current structure and replacing it with something better, which furthermore would look something li-"

Yeah I'm not a huge fan either but it seems to be the one that's seemed to stick

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wicked Them Beats posted:

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1062722069463425025

And the blue wall of silence descends. Contradicting all witnesses on the scene, the black man that was murdered by a cop inexplicably ignored the twenty-five verbal warnings he definitely received and also he wasn't dressed as a security guard and there definitely wasn't anyone on the scene screaming that he's the security guard.

Also they definitely provided immediate medical care and I'm sure whenever some lovely cellphone video surfaces we won't see the victim laying on the ground bleeding to death for ten minutes while the cops yell at the shot and dying man to put his hands up.

I loving swear it is so drat predictable at this point. I bet the security tapes mysteriously stopped recording too because police officers apparently all have low grade uncontrollable superpowers which cause them to disrupt image sensors.

If I ever have the misfortune of recording such an incident I'm going to sit on the footage until the inevitable "cop good!" bullshit story comes out then drop it to the local media. Hopefully someone who was there is doing exactly that.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

VitalSigns posted:

P sure that was bad and not required to beat Hitler or the Japanese Empire, and the people who criticized internment at the time were right to criticize it

Actually no progress was made and we lost to Hitler because many people on our side also did bad things, throw FDR out of the party already

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

eke out posted:

nobody "in a 5-4 opinion..." me because you're super wrong if you think Clarence Thomas is going to abandon his insane originalism

I'm not saying he will or won't, but banking on the intellectual honesty of Clarence Thomas, or any conservative SCOTUS nominee of the last 50 years, is a gamble. No one predicted that Kennedy would absolutely poo poo all over his legacy the way he did, either.

Clarence Thomas's wife is a huge lobbyist for the same groups Thomas always sides with on healthcare. He never recuses himself. He's not honest by any reasonable metric.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Unzip and Attack posted:

I'm not saying he will or won't, but banking on the intellectual honesty of Clarence Thomas, or any conservative SCOTUS nominee of the last 50 years, is a gamble. No one predicted that Kennedy would absolutely poo poo all over his legacy the way he did, either.

Clarence Thomas's wife is a huge lobbyist for the same groups Thomas always sides with on healthcare. He never recuses himself. He's not honest by any reasonable metric.

If we keep this up, we'll successfully out-debate a joke

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Something a little different

The_Donald reacts to Fox News defending CNN over Trump

quote:

Trump should offer to reinstate Acosta if cnn drops the lawsuit.
Then cease ALL press conferences.
Equality bitches!
-
Give the Rat activist employed by CNN his pass back and then never call on him or CNN again until he's pulled by CNN from the Briefing Room. That's a simple solution. As stupid as this lawsuit is, even if some Rat judge sides with the Rat propagandist, there is no constitutional right to be asked a question.
Or, even better, give Acucksta his press pass back and solely ask him questions while ignoring everyone else in the press pool. Once Acucksta is out of questions, press briefing ends.

They will turn on Rat activist Acucksta within a week.
-
FOX NEWS lost me when Ron Paul won a state primary and the news anchor glibbly smiled and said 2nd place is what matters, and ignored Ron Paul's win.
-
Man wtf is this poo poo?? im furious over this garbage, this is why republicans lose because of cucked pieces of poo poo rino garbage, gently caress all of them, we dont need republicans like that
-
I'm a lifetime viewed as well, but it got to the point where I only watch Tucker and Hannity.
Election 2018 is the first time I didn't watch Fox's coverage. I watched OWN and Infowars instead.
Spez: I also listened to SiriusXM Patriot.
-
The Misleadia decides who gets press passes.
No, I'm not kidding. They are why Breitbart News is banned, but Playboy isn't.
-
I don't like the way he has treated my girl Sarah Sanders!
-
Time to recognize Fox is just as left-wing as any other media organization.
-
I agree I love their evening line up, but after their midterm coverage I haven’t been watching. I am sick of chucks Wallace, Nappy, Smith, and Stirewalt. Not to mention Brett is getting a little cucky.
-
Screw FOX, and screw ABILIO ACOSTA. You can't put your hands on women who are just doing their jobs and get away with it.
-
I've called fox screaming about that ugly bastard Shepard probably 20 times over the years.
-
Who can’t love Lou Dobbs? I boycotted Fox for a week after calling the race at 9:30 eastern, he was the one I missed the most.
-
Fox News is ok to watch... if you’re ok with the ad dollars their making off your views. Same would apply to Fox Biz, owned by same company

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/JJacobs_RI/status/1062761456339480577?s=19

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Actually no progress was made and we lost to Hitler because many people on our side also did bad things, throw FDR out of the party already

Uh ok

If you want to white-knight Japanese internment be my guest but maybe we should have a new thread about it

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Oh, they're going with Abilio Acosta? I shouldn't be surprised.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, brushing aside Japanese interment camps is going to get a probation.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Shifty Pony posted:

I loving swear it is so drat predictable at this point. I bet the security tapes mysteriously stopped recording too because police officers apparently all have low grade uncontrollable superpowers which cause them to disrupt image sensors.

If I ever have the misfortune of recording such an incident I'm going to sit on the footage until the inevitable "cop good!" bullshit story comes out then drop it to the local media. Hopefully someone who was there is doing exactly that.

At this point I feel like I can just write the police report for them. It's simultaneously depressing and infuriating. I also like the little note at the end of the press release about "innocent until proven guilty." Not how it worked out for the innocent man they gunned down, but I suppose the hypocrisy is lost on them.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I've called fox screaming about that ugly bastard Shepard probably 20 times over the years.

Imagine being the poor intern who has to field these insane calls complaining that Shep Smith isn't spending enough time on pizzagate or whatever the insane cause of the day is.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

http://www.people-press.org/2018/04/26/8-the-tone-of-political-debate-compromise-with-political-opponents/

The Democratic base now apparently hates compromise as much as Republicans

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Shifty Pony posted:

They're going to immediately come and get the footage and you're not going to be able to stop them.

Back up to the cloud.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Good. Hopefully leadership reads this survey.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Good. Time to open the blood gates and shove decorum up the right’s collective asses.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Edmund Lava posted:

Depends upon who replaces Pelosi, but I wouldn't count on it, much less expect them to care if they bothered to read it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Edmund Lava posted:

Schumer will become more conservative in his ongoing quest to be the 25th most liberal senator.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

“We have always sacrificed our people into the volcano to appease the Feeding God. Why would we change course going forward?”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol why did it rise in the face of gop obstruction.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Huge_Midget posted:

Good. Time to open the blood gates and shove decorum up the right’s collective asses.

Get ready for the media narrative to change from "partisongridlach" to "obstructionist democrats" and "punishing the president".... actually :getin: - my body is ready for this

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

They're going to immediately come and get the footage and you're not going to be able to stop them.

Back up to the cloud.

also make sure you use landscape instead of portrait bullshit. jfc at it being 2018 and people have to be taught cam 101 stuff.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

They wanted to reach 69.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

TulliusCicero posted:

How dare someone who has a degree in a field talk with some level of knowledge in it

This history and English degree is worthless, and I should accept the person who knows best is a politican who thinks Democrats are still the party of the KKK.

There’s a thing about credentials - they’re fast pass checks for basics in a field - the meat of evaluating a person’s expertise is always their work / publication history. An undergrad by itself requires nothing you can even look at that way, and thus confers very little credibility.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

That's from March. I'm pretty sure someone posted the results of a more recent and more detailed survey that finished the other week ITT or in the old Trump thread that found that more self-identified liberals still favor compromise. I'd find it for you but you're posting a thing from March like it's new so I'm matching your effort.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Because wealthy Democrats are closeted Republicans.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

We were told that the shame of obstruction would obliterate the GOP in 2016

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I want to see Turtle freak as he realizes the house is investigating everything that’s happened in the GOP up until today, down to how much TP he uses to wipe his loose old rear end on a daily basis. I’ll bet he has some ridiculous skeletons in that closet and boy howdy I can’t wait until they’re dropped in front of the public.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1062781457758871554

One of the few remaining California Republicans will be in charge of herding Republicans for the next few years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kevin McCarthy is now the House minority leader.

He's notable for being possibly the dumbest man in DC.

He's the last of this trio

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

e;fb

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fart City posted:

“We have always sacrificed our people into the volcano to appease the Feeding God. Why would we change course going forward?”

look, if you have a better way to ensure healthy agricultural yields, i'm all ears

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

guys what happened to the midterm tax cuts???

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

guys what happened to the midterm tax cuts???

The same thing that happened to the evil caravan of gangbangers and terrorist monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Party Plane Jones posted:

every day i yell into the void 'stop posting like poo poo' and every day i look into this thread in horror like it's a bathroom at a jack-in-the-box after an e.coli outbreak

If only some posters had warned you that combining the DEMS R BAD quarantine zone with the Trump thread would just result in poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)