Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Jesus christ I thought the worst this thread got was when Gonzo went ballistic about his ex and Ferrari

This is so much worse. Holy poo poo. Pissssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Jesus christ I thought the worst this thread got was when Gonzo went ballistic about his ex and Ferrari

This is so much worse. Holy poo poo. Pissssssss
Then help me stop them.

You've all let the Max = bad meme grow into a monster you can't control. As his F1 prowess shines through more and more, this thread is going to have a mirror reaction and become a sewer as they desperately seek the worst hot takes ever.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Hold my beer.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam, I will agree with everything you've said if you would just explain the loving ladder thing

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Max is very good and owns and continues to mature and that means making mistakes and growing from them. Like any other human being. Like Gonzo and his ex. Like Gigi Galli and his growing secret fondness for Inter Milan over AC Milan. It's part of life.

Ocon hosed up by FIGHTING to unlap especially against the leader of the race. Max made a mistake by not being more cognizant and just letting Ocon through because there was nothing to gain from fighting with him. He should have just let Ocon unlap himself, flipped him off and pass him again once Ocon's tires went off the boil.

They both hosed up in different ways.

End of story.

Now, how about that Abu Dhabi Grand Prix?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Like Gigi Galli and his growing secret fondness for Inter Milan over AC Milan.

It was fun posting with you in these threads, sorry it had to end like this.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Tsaedje posted:

He didn't defer to the designated new superstar, which is apparently 'wholly unacceptable'

I like that this is the only decision involving Max where the stewards and Charlie are automatically assumed to have made 100% the correct decision. Any time Max gets a penalty the stewards and Charlie are idiots who don't know what they're doing hmmmmmmmmmmm

10s stop and go was a ludicrously harsh penalty

I have a message for Charlie. Honestly.

Khablam posted:

Then help me stop them.

You've all let the Max = bad meme grow into a monster you can't control. As his F1 prowess shines through more and more, this thread is going to have a mirror reaction and become a sewer as they desperately seek the worst hot takes ever.

I much prefer this one to the absolutely unsupportable "Stroll is good" one. Thankfully, it seems to have been overshadowed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The ladder thing sounded like someone with English as a second language not having the correct translation for glass ceiling, that or he was drunk.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Hell, I even like the "fight Khablam in real life" meme better than Stroll being anything but a stunningly awful flaming turd.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I agree with everything Khablam has said even though I didn't read it. The thread needs heroes like Khablam, like the sport needs heroes such as the Vertsappen family. The greatest F1 power family since the Palmers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Thread building strong to the end of the season. I hope we all have simultaneous meltdowns over Abu Dhabi.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Brainwrong posted:

I agree with everything Khablam has said even though I didn't read it. The thread needs heroes like Khablam, like the sport needs heroes such as the Vertsappen family. The greatest F1 power family since the Palmers.

i see your username is accurate

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I don't get how you can hate Sainz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KQpkhXvBrQ

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Max is very good and owns and continues to mature and that means making mistakes and growing from them. Like any other human being. Like Gonzo and his ex. Like Gigi Galli and his growing secret fondness for Inter Milan over AC Milan. It's part of life.

Ocon hosed up by FIGHTING to unlap especially against the leader of the race. Max made a mistake by not being more cognizant and just letting Ocon through because there was nothing to gain from fighting with him. He should have just let Ocon unlap himself, flipped him off and pass him again once Ocon's tires went off the boil.

They both hosed up in different ways.

End of story.

Now, how about that Abu Dhabi Grand Prix?

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?!

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Stroll might not be quite as fast as Max, but he is far savvier and more mature as a driver.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

marshalljim posted:

Stroll might not be quite as fast as Max, but he is far savvier and more mature as a driver.
I liked the multiple times he retired with a puncture.
Just loving pulled off the track in an unsafe position with no clue what to do.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Also, apparently the reason Force India haven't announced Stroll is because stroll doesn't want to upset his friend Ocon whose drive he purchased lmaoooooooooooo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stroll and Ocon are BEST friends irl and for some reason that's super weird to me

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Does Max even HAVE friends? Doubtful.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

CratSock posted:

I much prefer this one to the absolutely unsupportable "Stroll is good" one. Thankfully, it seems to have been overshadowed.
He does have a third place trophy though. I don't think Shart LeCuck has one of those

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stroll owns, what a compassionate thoughtful person.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This made me sad today.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1062382110298771456

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

Stroll owns, what a compassionate thoughtful person.

He's a prick but it's a bit much to accuse him of being a slave owner

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

marshalljim posted:

I'm his friend

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pablo Bluth posted:

How can that not be anything but Garbage Max turning in to Ocon and being 100% to blame?

That's a good picture imo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching that replay holy gently caress Max you loving moron, he totally turned into Ocon. That french bastard totally had the racing line.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

This made me sad today.
https://streamable.com/s8fhr

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Really don’t know how the Dutch reproduce as a species.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

marshalljim posted:

his fathers belt

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
max: hot girlfriend, rich, doing what he loves, insanely talented and going to win everything.

his dectractors itt: fat, ugly, computer touchers, cant make it through no fap november because they never have sex.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
i can't wait for the mental gymnastics that will have to be done when max inevitably ends up at ferrari

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Max will end up in DTM

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The gymnastics of consolidating my hate into one manageable package?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know the difference between the "teams" ( F1 is not a sport) so idgaf where max goes. He will rule all.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidpoocati posted:

Really don’t know how the Dutch reproduce as a species.
Belgium is really close and has all the beer you need.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jos doesn’t need more beer

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oliwan posted:

I don't know the difference between the "teams" ( F1 is not a sport) so idgaf where max goes. He will rule all.

By the time Lewis gets bored of clowning on everybody, and leaves to design some horrible trousers, Sharlick L'Ayr will have matured as a driver and be ready to take the vacant seat at Mercedes, without the scud holding him back he will be far too good for the frog boy.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

iospace posted:

Mods, please rename khablam to wicka

turn your ladder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
His dad isn't bad looking and his mom isn't bad looking. Maybe Max was adopted?