Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's a good rom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rom is a good boy and real and my friend, Rom's spiders are jerks and bullies and the ones that jumps are even worse.

Roms a girl

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Augus posted:

Roms a girl

She’s a good boy, then.

Policenaut posted:

The real jerks are the ones that hang out in the church and the chalice dungeons. Dumbass red ones.

That first time you go in and don’t know about them so the bell ringers sum,on a bunch of them owns.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kirios posted:

No, that's a bad Rom that prevents us from seeing the world for what it truly is.

You're thinking of Chalice Dungeon Rom. Lake Rom is a lil cutie.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Kins posted:

Preservation/dumping people of note seem to be reasonably sure that the ROMs used by Virtual Console et. al. are Nintendo's own dumps. The NES ROMs do use a emulator-centric header format (iNES)... however, this is also present in stuff that had never been publicly released/dumped before its VC release (like the enhanced Mother 1 JP). In addition, one of the people responsible for that header format was apparently hired by Nintendo long ago, so why reinvent the wheel?

I hadn't heard about having headers in previously undumped games, but that kind of makes it even stupider than if they had downloaded them. They wouldn't need to revinent anything, just store info about the board/mappers in a separate XML file like modern emulators do or hardcode it into each VC release. Unless Virtual Console emulation is actually based off iNES's code, in which case LMAO.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I hadn't heard about having headers in previously undumped games, but that kind of makes it even stupider than if they had downloaded them. They wouldn't need to revinent anything, just store info about the board/mappers in a separate XML file like modern emulators do or hardcode it into each VC release. Unless Virtual Console emulation is actually based off iNES's code, in which case LMAO.
who cares weirdo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well they hired one of the developers of ines originally for the animal crossing emulations of nes games, it's likely at least the Wii virtual console for nes was based on that preexisting code, though I think they switched developers on WiiU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

If he was so good why didnt he disable the phaser banks before they brought down the minefield?!?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/1062753778527547393
Get yer Pinball FX3 table packs for cheap.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Splatfest art

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

American McGay posted:

who cares weirdo

the people getting their wages garnished for the rest of their life, probably, i guess, i dunno

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

the people getting their wages garnished for the rest of their life, probably, i guess, i dunno
Agreed. I bet they're LMAOing about what emulator the VC is based off of as well.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
:goofy:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
only VC chat I want to see in here is when the hell am I getting my N64/Gamecube games on the switch.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's a good rom

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Does anyone have experience ordering from aliexpress, regarding delivery times to Europe and more importantly authenticity of the product? I’m tempted by the 8bitdo SF30 and it’s a bit cheaper on there, and also it looks like the official model has changed slightly to resemble the SNES controller less. Plenty of sellers on aliexpress still have the better looking originals.

I got a SF30 from Aliexpress sometime last year, it seemed legit - build quality and packaging were good and seemed comparable to the SN30 Pro I got later via Amazon, it's worked well with a receiver plugged into a SNES Classic (EDIT: also connected fine to my Switch), and it took firmware updates without issue. It's my toddler's favorite controller to mash buttons and pretend she's playing dad's games. Can't speak to shipping time as I'm in the US.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

If only it wasn't for that header making it a derivative work of art.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Splatfest art

Show this to anyone who says pearl and marina aren't 200% gay

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

EightFlyingCars posted:

Show this to anyone who says pearl and marina aren't 200% gay

Last Splatoon 2 Splatfest art ever will just be them in bed together sleeping.

And someone will still say they aren't dating because it's not officially stated.

"They're just..having a sleepover."

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Last Splatoon 2 Splatfest art ever will just be them in bed together sleeping.

And someone will still say they aren't dating because it's not officially stated.

"They're just..having a sleepover."

Final Splatfest is gonna be which of them gets to throw the bouquet at their wedding and boys will still be like "they're just pretending, girls pretend to marry each other all the time"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

legalise pretend marriage

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

oh what, so now friends can't have breakfast in their pajamas together?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Gripweed posted:

It's from a photoshoot, they're not REALLY eating together!

PLEASE YOURE BREAKING MY HEART

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alright can the weird guy guffawing at how Nintendo implemented their Virtual Console emulation start posting again please.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's gonna be a Splatfest that's gonna be like "what's better, the wedding cake or the wedding presents" with a picture of the two of them saying their vows to each other and people are still gonna be like "what great friends they are"

For the record Marina is team cake and Pearl is team presents

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 14, 2018

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The only thing they are emulating is the pirates' hard work!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

There's gonna be a Splatfest that's gonna be like "what's better, the wedding cake or the wedding presents" with a picture of the two of them saying their vows to each other and people are still gonna be like "what great friends they are"

For the record Marina is team cake and Peal is team presents

This post gets more and more correct with every single word.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Macaluso posted:

Ah, the old " is it better to give or to receive" except not about sex.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

wrong, wrong, wrong!

marina is supposed to have the worse team, not the better one

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macaluso posted:

For the record Marina is team cake and Pearl is team presents

Marina always being on the correct side is kinda unfair but just at the same time.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgd87hT8cM
Good, and also lol lord...

Gripweed posted:

Splatfest art

Gripweed posted:

Aaa Splatoon is so good :kimchi:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Brother Entropy posted:

wrong, wrong, wrong!

marina is supposed to have the worse team, not the better one

Previous Splatfests support Macaluso's position

Marina takes food over looking at cherry blossoms

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Octo Expansion 2, where you have to hand-deliver invites for Marina and Pearl's wedding to the Octarians

You defeat DJ Octavio by putting the mind control shades on him and he officiates

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Previous Splatfests support Macaluso's position

Marina takes food over looking at cherry blossoms

japan splatfests aren't canon and should be disregarded for this conversation

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

Alright can the weird guy guffawing at how Nintendo implemented their Virtual Console emulation start posting again please.

Please

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
yawn

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

American McGay posted:

no, you blew it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Gah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Gay Cephalopod Discussion Only