Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Your periodic reminder that Meghan McCain is a piece of poo poo, like her father before her

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1062563914435702785?s=19

(she is defending Ben Shapiro here)

e Dog Looking for Ben Shapiro tax

my bony fealty fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Hahahaha this coming from the political dynasty loser that can’t get people to clap for him and was bullied out of the loving republican primary by a fat orange nitwit that couldn’t find NY state on a labeled map.

Shut the gently caress up, Jeb, and go hock some more guacabowles.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Retro42 posted:

Honest question, if you don’t care about all the poo poo the right says why do you hate her so much?
poo poo you're right, the only valid criticisms of Pelosi - the only criticisms of her at all, in fact - come from the right :rolleyes:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Thanks for sharing that.

I really think CNN should win but I have no confidence in any Trump appointed judge

The questions from the judge are annoying, but not too concerning, because he's talking to CNN's lawyer and even if you agree with CNN as a judge you'd want to explore all the possible weaknesses in their argument. It'll be more interesting when he's talking to the white house lawyer.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

poo poo you're right, the only valid criticisms of Pelosi - the only criticisms of her at all, in fact - come from the right :rolleyes:

The criticisms of Pelosi that do come from the left are weak.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Antiantifa

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rigel posted:

The questions from the judge are annoying, but not too concerning, because he's talking to CNN's lawyer and even if you agree with CNN as a judge you'd want to explore all the possible weaknesses in their argument. It'll be more interesting when he's talking to the white house lawyer.

Intellectually I realize you are correct

emotionally . . . he's a trump appointed judge. Just accepting the appointment, by itself, almost seems like an ethics violation.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I’m serious though. If you’re a hard lefty that fine. Just enlighten me why that puts her in the poo poo category. Otherwise you just sound exactly like the far right with zero context.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Do you think Jeb! is aware of all the Jeb! memes? It turned out that Cruz knew about the Zodiac Killer stuff so anything is possible.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I assume Flake is both shocked and stunned that this didn't work.

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1062816198847614977

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Rigel posted:

The criticisms of Pelosi that do come from the left are weak.
Oh, well, since you put it that way, I guess I am forced to support Nancy Pelosi as Speaker Of The House For Life.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Leftists shot my childhood dog, it’s why I have this fiery grudge that will never abate.

Honey, you have to listen to your parents. There was no canine Holodomor; your dog was de-kulaked to a farm upstate

:looks nervously behind her at the man in a trenchcoat and sunglasses:

:smile grows larger and more fearful:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Kevin McCarthy is now the House minority leader.

He's notable for being possibly the dumbest man in DC.

He's the last of this trio

Every time I see this picture I hear Rachel Maddow grunting “YUUUUUNG GUUUUUNZ” in my head :buddy:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1062816556521046017
This poo poo happening on the senate floor right now

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

lol

mcconnell is definitely shook

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/status/1062764093331902469

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Flake just said he won't vote to confirm judges until the bill is brought to the floor.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

my bony fealty posted:

Your periodic reminder that Meghan McCain is a piece of poo poo, like her father before her

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1062563914435702785?s=19

(she is defending Ben Shapiro here)

I think she's mad at people that are celebrating her father's death OP

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

He looks like he knows he doesn't belong there.

McConnell looks like he has a shell.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/1062817968755752960

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

I wonder if she's been to Ann Arbor

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I want to believe. But it's Flake. His little protest will last all of an hour.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Jesus what the gently caress has happened to this country. You read books and figure we've moved on as a society and...nope. We suck.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1062818217708716033

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

did flake rip his shirt off and cite some roman statesmen and try and lunge at Turtle.

well, poo poo, lets see how long this lasts.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Have to say that "Flake takes action" is not something I'd ever see said unironically. What's the catch?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Since they don't need the house for judges, the turtle will just shrug and go "ok whatever. I guess we'll vote on judges in January."

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Flake won't do a god drat thing and even if they get a bill on the floor he'll vote against it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Flake just said he won't vote to confirm judges until the bill is brought to the floor.

Ok. Is anyone else supporting him or is Pence just going to live in the Senate chambers until January?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Flake made noise today.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

It’s called the Git-R Youth, Matt.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know it’s the conservative wing that’s trying to out her that’s my goddamned point that somehow went over your head. That if the conservative wing can get Republicans on board they could theoretically win enough votes against a divided left who can’t decide on a candidate but won’t vote for Pelosi.

It's the left who are actually supporting Pelosi, and the dumbshit right wing Democrats who should never have been allowed in the party to begin with who are causing the problems. Exactly like people like myself have been trying to explain over and over again. This is why you don't let wishy-washy self-interested sociopaths into positions of leadership in your party; they will betray you at critical moments every single time it serves their personal interests.

You actually do need some level of purity tests in order to have a coherent party with a coherent ideology, and the present failure of the democratic party is a clear demonstration of why. Despite the clear message the American people just sent in the midterms- the Democratic house is trying to run right.

The modern democratic party has no ideology beyond saying whatever they think we'll get more Democrats elected. Like... That's literally it. There is no coherent ideology, no coherent message, not even the faintest whiff of a vision of the future to unite people around. Democrats by and large (there are exceptions of course but they are not the ones running the party) will say and do whatever they think we'll get Democrats elected and as a result they have a whole bunch of empty suits whose primary interest is in security capital from their rich donors in order to get reelected.

This is what decades of reliance on machine politics and centrism has wrought; a disjointed party completely incapable of answering to the will of the people or opposing the rise of fascism.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 14, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Munkeymon posted:

Have to say that "Flake takes action" is not something I'd ever see said unironically. What's the catch?

there might not be one. he has nothing left to lose. he retired and his seat went blue and he has always hated trump. he might say gently caress it and calcify hard enough to grow a spine.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Interesting choice to call talking about doing a thing "action"

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

What's the scoreboard on "Flake making good on things he said very sternly" anyway? Still zero? Okay

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TARDISman posted:

Ok. Is anyone else supporting him or is Pence just going to live in the Senate chambers until January?

I think he's out here on his own but we'll see if anyone else grows a conscience in reaction.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

good now get the college where the school of medicine has his name and rip it off.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I hope this loses him his cushy wingnut welfare.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
McConnell can wait two months for judges.

Trump can appoint even worse judges now that he has more bootlicking Trumpists in the caucus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Is this Mueller protection bill Flake is trying to bring up worth the ink and will genuinely protect the process?