Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

I think he's out here on his own but we'll see if anyone else grows a conscience in reaction.

I'm sorry I'll have to duck out of the thread for about an hour to laugh myself breathless over this post. I'll return later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Please rename it Danny Brown High

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Prester Jane posted:

It's the left who are actually supporting Pelosi, and the dumbshit right wing Democrats who should never have been allowed in the party to begin with who are causing the problems.

In reality or on this message board?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is (very mildly) encouraging. The judge has moved to "ok, if I grant the restraining order, how exactly would that work? What would I be ordering?"

He might rule against it anyway, but if he was a MAGA moron, I don't think they'd be discussing the mechanics of how to grant the TRO.

https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/1062819383137984512

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

No Safe Word posted:

What's the scoreboard on "Flake making good on things he said very sternly" anyway? Still zero? Okay

Even if he does this now, McConnell doesn't care - he's going to clear the backlog in the next two years and he knows he didn't lose the Senate.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Is this Mueller protection bill Flake is trying to bring up worth the ink and will genuinely protect the process?

I don't think it actually even matters because I just now realized it wont pass the lame duck anyway. Ryan will just go "lol nope".

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, this is probably true. Trump is too loving stupid to go "fine, you can sit silently in the room rear end in a top hat, I'll never call on you again."

https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/1062820457890619398

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Jaxyon posted:

In reality or on this message board?

In Congress at present. The leftists are all supporting Pelosi and it's a bunch of blue dog right-wing Democrats who are talking about replacing her. Centrists demonstrating once again that in real world situations they are worthless.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Trump's lawyers are up. They have abandoned the whole "assaulted an intern" silliness, and are now arguing that Acosta is too rude and disruptive. CNN's lawyers obviously anticipated this and had already spent a lot of time emphasizing Trump's own rudeness and idiocy.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Rigel posted:

lol, this is probably true. Trump is too loving stupid to go "fine, you can sit silently in the room rear end in a top hat, I'll never call on you again."

https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/1062820457890619398

All Acosta has to do is put on a different hat and shirt and Trump will think it's a different person.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guze posted:

All Acosta has to do is put on a different hat and shirt and Trump will think it's a different person.

“Mr. President! John Barron, CNN! A question!”

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

nine-gear crow posted:

“Mr. President! John Barron, CNN! A question!”

*Extremely slow zoom in on Trump’s face*

Trump: ... go ahead.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

:3:

Cindy Axne is now my Rep. She loving crushed "moderate" Republican David Young after he cowardly switched his vote on ACA repeal.

https://twitter.com/Axne4Congress/status/1062821112332066838

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

No Safe Word posted:

What's the scoreboard on "Flake making good on things he said very sternly" anyway? Still zero? Okay

Every time in the past it was because he wanted something, then he was given the thing and withdrew his objection (and the thing was always some small favor and not any kind of permanent principle).

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
What's the full story with this criminal justice reform Orange Julius is going on about? I hare a lot of "endorsed by law enforcement" and that's generally not a good indication.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The judge is now very deep into the weeds with the CNN lawyers about some kind of Maryland case where the governor tried to shut out a newspaper.

edit: The main argument for Trump's lawyers seems to be, "oh come on, CNN has over 50 hard passes. A TRO isn't justified for the sake of one annoying reporter."

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The only thing Jeff Flake has succeeded at is getting yelled at in an elevator.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Fart City posted:

not true

he also succeeded at getting driven out of the senate by trump and his seat turned over to a democrat

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Munkeymon posted:

I think she's mad at people that are celebrating her father's death OP

There are maybe 10 people chanting, you can't see their faces because they're in the back and other side of a crowd, and it's being reported by the Daily Wire.

Maybe... just maybe... don't believe them?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fart City posted:

And even then he managed to gently caress that up :doh:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1062810957276160002

nancy making a power play for chuck's position as most idiotic congressional leader by making it easier for republicans to file discharge petitions

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nancy making a power play for chuck's position as most idiotic congressional leader by making it easier for republicans to file discharge petitions

unless she lowers the threashold below 218 votes, it isn't changing poo poo in a way that makes it easier to file discharge petitions. i assume that what's being asked is to streamline all of the arcane rules around them that i had to look up when republicans were threatening a discharge of the DREAM act and failed by a few votes - things like that it has to be a bill sitting around for 30 days, various delays built into the process, etc.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Rigel posted:

The judge is now very deep into the weeds with the CNN lawyers about some kind of Maryland case where the governor tried to shut out a newspaper.

edit: The main argument for Trump's lawyers seems to be, "oh come on, CNN has over 50 hard passes. A TRO isn't justified for the sake of one annoying reporter."

How does them having 50 passes mean anything?

Is there laws specifically for organizations that have more than 30 press passes?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1062810957276160002

ugghh. thats gross. hopefully she doesn't commit to their bullshit when congress is in session.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

evilweasel posted:

not true

he also succeeded at getting driven out of the senate by trump and his seat turned over to a democrat

Trump caused 3 Republicans to lose the same seat. One of them lost two elections.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rigel posted:

constitutional law certainly isn't my forte but i'm pretty sure that the first amendment doesn't work like that

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Nothing Trump does is good, even accidentally, so please tell me why this criminal justice reform bill is bad.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1062825530091823105

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

This seems a poor choice of words.

https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/1062826028601622529

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
God, I still can't believe those idiots call themselves the Problem Solvers Caucus. Its like they want to be laughed at.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

Nothing Trump does is good, even accidentally, so please tell me why this criminal justice reform bill is bad.

it's apparently good, and the reason it's happening now is that jeff sessions was blocking it and got fired

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

evilweasel posted:

unless she lowers the threashold below 218 votes, it isn't changing poo poo in a way that makes it easier to file discharge petitions. i assume that what's being asked is to streamline all of the arcane rules around them that i had to look up when republicans were threatening a discharge of the DREAM act and failed by a few votes - things like that it has to be a bill sitting around for 30 days, various delays built into the process, etc.

its still idiotic to make any part of the process easier with the keystone klan in office

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Your Taint posted:

because its probably gonna be for white collar types or some poo poo or some hosed up poison pills. it won't survive the senate.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because its probably gonna be for white collar types or some poo poo or some hosed up poison pills. it won't survive the senate.

My understanding is Trump/Kushner REALLY want this win. Nothing else is giving them a positive legacy and Sessions had been actively holding them back from even trying this one.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its still idiotic to make any part of the process easier with the keystone klan in office

there's been a single successful discharge petition in my lifetime (mccain-feingold bill), they're never successful. tweaking the nonsense around them is a free gift to some idiots who want a talking point, because it doesn't do anything (the reason that discharge petitions never work is because they're considered basically treason to your caucus)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

evilweasel posted:

it's apparently good, and the reason it's happening now is that jeff sessions was blocking it and got fired

I'm sorry, but I'll believe it when I see it. Trump has to know this will be helping mainly black and brown people and he doesn't willingly help that demographic.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no, it's not, and the version being supported today is the Senate's

quote:

The Brennan Center for Justice, a prominent voice in the reform movement and one that vigorously opposed the House’s bill, quickly came out in support of this version. “The original First Step Act would have little effect on reducing prison populations and was a concession to Jeff Sessions — one of the only people against sentencing reform,” said Inimai Chettiar, head of the center’s Justice Program. “We support this week’s Senate compromise bill because it includes several key sentencing reform provisions” carried over from the Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

fishing with the fam posted:

God, I still can't believe those idiots call themselves the Problem Solvers Caucus. Its like they want to be laughed at.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

so, assuming whitaker actually did become attorney general, and was as horribly incompetent as he appears....what would be the practical implications of that?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

I'm sorry, but I'll believe it when I see it. Trump has to know this will be helping mainly black and brown people and he doesn't willingly help that demographic.

he wasn't involved with it at all, it's a bipartisan bill they've been trying to get him to approve once they agreed on it. kushner has wanted it for a while because he has empathy for people cruelly imprisoned for minor crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Another law suit

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1062824002656370688