Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
What are the chances a Xbone S will be on sale for $200 next week for Black Friday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Monolith. posted:

What are the chances a Xbone S will be on sale for $200 next week for Black Friday?

Probably at least in an unofficial capacity, I think they were like $180/$190 last year, maybe just as a Gamestop refurb though. Sony's officially putting out a PS4 Slim 1TB with a Spider-Man disc bundle for $199 so there's bound to be something along those lines on the Xbox side.

EDIT I just checked and the Minecraft Creator's Bundle (1TB, comes with digital code for Minecraft and some cosmetics for it) should be $199.99 through the Microsoft Store starting tomorrow for Xbox Live Gold Members (I think the sale will be opened to nongoldailures later).

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 14, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Target and BB have $199 S’s this BF

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was 189 on amazon last year

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Monolith. posted:

why pick mediocre when you could get the most powerful console on the market?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Xbox One X plays games at 6x the graphical fidelity of the Xbox One S, and it's only 2x the price. Honestly it's a freaking steal.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
It's too much graphics.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

The Xbox One X plays games at 6x the graphical fidelity of the Xbox One S, and it's only 2x the price. Honestly it's a freaking steal.

Yeah but for that money you can have two Xbox One Ses or an Xbox One S and a PS4 and really cover everything.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

univbee posted:

Yeah but for that money you can have two Xbox One Ses or an Xbox One S and a PS4 and really cover everything.

then why not just buy a base Xbox One for $50 from some rando on craigslist with cigarette ash coating the fans

you get what you pay for with the X - Quality

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
If you are on a budget, the S is fine. Don't listen to people who say if you play <insert game here> on anything but an X, it will look like poo poo. It won't. They are incorrect.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Over There posted:

then why not just buy a base Xbox One for $50 from some rando on craigslist with cigarette ash coating the fans

you get what you pay for with the X - Quality

S has 4K output and the base doesn't

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Some people just like to play games and don't care about all the pixels being more.

The X will look better if your TV and set up allows it. The S will play the games just fine.

It's still the same games. Not everyone wants or can spend the extra money. Why some people cannot understand that I will never know.

edit: I seriously cannot believe some people are going all console warrior while still talking about the same console.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 14, 2018

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
imo you should be boycotting half-gens just on general principle so go ahead and buy that S for as cheap as you can, fam.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

imo you should be boycotting half-gens just on general principle so go ahead and buy that S for as cheap as you can, fam.

:hmmyes:

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I like this post 6 X more than other posts

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Can I SLI multiple Xbox One S' together

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've been dog and cat sitting for my mom and playing RDR2 over at her place on a 65" tv and her og Xbone and for all the fuss digital foundry made over the x version being so much better than any other version, it looks and plays just fine. The difference is so slight between it and playing on the x at home that anyone who gets that worked up about it is an idiot.

e: Although I have a hard time telling if people who say the s is a waste of money and to buy an x (200 more god drat dollars) are like, joking or if people are really that goony in 2018.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
As a person who wasn’t planning on getting an Xbox this generation, maybe I’ll get an S for $200 just to play forza4h and a couple other exclusives

I had a PS3, 360 and Wii just because I got all of them on sale/used, maybe doing the same for this gen eventually

Yay, budget gaming

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 14, 2018

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

You should be encouraging half generation upgrades because the OG One was trash and it brings a lot of new people into the Xbox ecosystem like myself who didn't want to buy the One despite owning an original Xbox and Xbox 360 at launch. As soon as the X came out I sold my PS4 Pro and came back. Well... after God of War.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Not everyone needs the top of the line system. Some people are buying for their literal kids and don't want to spend the money on an X.

Some people really only play like 3 games and don't want to invest in the X.

I get it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

You should be encouraging half generation upgrades because the OG One was trash and it brings a lot of new people into the Xbox ecosystem like myself who didn't want to buy the One despite owning an original Xbox and Xbox 360 at launch. As soon as the X came out I sold my PS4 Pro and came back. Well... after God of War.

Sure but the S is fine as a half generation upgrade and there's no need to push people into getting the X because of a couple pixels. I'm happy with the X but it's definitely a splurge rather than a must have over a perfectly good S.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Or they could have just got the design right in the first place?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh yeah grabbing the budget gamers is good too. Xbox needs everyone at this point. But idiots like me will spend 10 times more per year on games.

DariusLikewise posted:

Or they could have just got the design right in the first place?

That would have been nice, but it's time for a refresh anyway. Five years is more than enough for a generation imo.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

DrNutt posted:

Sure but the S is fine as a half generation upgrade and there's no need to push people into getting the X because of a couple pixels. I'm happy with the X but it's definitely a splurge rather than a must have over a perfectly good S.

The S isn't a half gen upgrade lmao. It's a kludge on the existing Xbone to add in support for the 4k output/those UHD Blu-Ray very few people buy. Like the slim revisions of the ps3/360 it's essentially a little faster by accident as a result of fixing other issues.

Nobody should be spending full price on an S by now, flat out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fishmech posted:

The S isn't a half gen upgrade lmao. It's a kludge on the existing Xbone to add in support for the 4k output/those UHD Blu-Ray very few people buy. Like the slim revisions of the ps3/360 it's essentially a little faster by accident as a result of fixing other issues.

No one is talking about buying anything at full price here. What is your deal anyway?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

fishmech posted:

Hence why people are talking about the mythical things called 'sales' in that far off land of 'Black Friday'.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Over There posted:

why pick mediocre when you could get the most powerful console on the market?

Well I already have a PC and the Master Chief Collection isn't on Steam.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Xbox One X will make you want to play more games, and enjoy the games you play more. Thats Facts

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

Xbox One X will make you want to play more games, and enjoy the games you play more. Thats Facts
This^

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

heeheex2 posted:

nah

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

heeheex2 posted:

Yup

Barudak
May 7, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

Are the more games Spyro? Because thats true right now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Barudak posted:

Are the more games Spyro? Because thats true right now.

Spyro looks loving magical. Def going to see if that gets cheaper on BF.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Do Game Pass discounts stack with Gold discounts? Forza Horizon 4 is on sale and I have a free month of Game Pass I still havent redeemed.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

My Switch makes me want to play 10.45633 X more games

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

heeheex2 posted:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Having $200 in my pocket makes me able to buy more games

Maybe even six times as much games

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 14, 2018

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

heeheex2 posted:

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Steve Yun posted:

But there will be less pixels so you want want to play them
checkmate :colbert: