Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

To be clear, I dont want to come off as telling people to lay off Pelosi from the left, thanks for the explanation folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

he was a marine who served there so acts as a talking head for how it was hosed up.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1062839169586749440

I have this vision of republicans expecting to use this as a "gotcha!" only for dems to just go, "Yeah, he's a piece of poo poo, but Stormy can get another attorney and the legal problems for Trump aren't going away."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Retro42 posted:

Schumer is :decorum: personified. It's disturbingly telling he always gets a free pass while Pelosi gets vilified.

he doesn't get a free pass, but for some reason remains in power

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

he was a marine who served there so acts as a talking head for how it was hosed up.

Bastaman's continuing meltdown has been a fascinating trainwreck to watch

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

What a stupid goddamn idiot. It feels like something like this was inevitable though. Dude is a walking personality disorder who happened to pick the right targets.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Retro42 posted:

Schumer is :decorum: personified. It's disturbingly telling he always gets a free pass while Pelosi gets vilified.

I've seen a lot more "gently caress Schumer" from the left than "gently caress Pelosi" since Schumer has very publicly sold the country out for his :decorum:. But Pelosi is the spineless turd that can be dislodged, so...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I hate Schumer a lot more than I hate Pelosi, but I don't think it's surprising more people are talking about Pelosi given that the House just went blue. Schumer's not going to be relevant until 2020, but the way Pelosi handles things will be crucial.

Also gently caress Avenatti.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Random Stranger posted:

I've seen a lot more "gently caress Schumer" from the left than "gently caress Pelosi" since Schumer has very publicly sold the country out for his :decorum:. But Pelosi is the spineless turd that can be dislodged, so...

The problem is that the people trying to dislodge her want to replace her with someone a hell of a lot closer to Schumer

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

He probably wasn't going to win anyway, but we really needed to snuff out his putative presidential campaign before it got going. So, this works I guess.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

I hate Schumer a lot more than I hate Pelosi, but I don't think it's surprising more people are talking about Pelosi given that the House just went blue. Schumer's not going to be relevant until 2020, but the way Pelosi handles things will be crucial.

Also gently caress Avenatti.

it doesn't help that pelosi is immediately mumbling about decorum and bipartisanship and is trying to give republicans more power

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Hopefully this'll also snuff out any future media appearances. Dude was nightmare optics.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Z. Autobahn posted:

Hopefully this'll also snuff out any future media appearances. Dude was nightmare optics.

he was actually one of the few people willing to call out how loving useless the democrats have been at actually resisting trump in any capacity, which unfortunately did not disqualify him from being a piece of poo poo himself

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Yinlock posted:

he doesn't get a free pass, but for some reason remains in power

Have you seen the color of his skin and what's inbetween his legs?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Yinlock posted:

it doesn't help that pelosi is immediately mumbling about decorum and bipartisanship and is trying to give republicans more power

You’re going to have to bring some facts with this dumb bullshit. Her recent remarks about bipartisanship have already been debated endlessly and did not suggest what you think they did.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Z. Autobahn posted:

I guarantee at least 90% of the US population has no idea who he is.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Who the gently caress on the left would give Chuck loving Schumer a pass?

E: Other than a one-way pass to the Gulag, that is.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Random Stranger posted:

LOL at calling Pelosi "spineless".

Compromised, sure, and not far left enough, but spineless?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Who the gently caress on the left would give Chuck loving Schumer a pass?

E: Other than a one-way pass to the Gulag, that is.

The entire membership of the Dems in the Senate. Just easily got his Minority Leader job again today.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

skylined! posted:

You’re going to have to bring some facts with this dumb bullshit. Her recent remarks about bipartisanship have already been debated endlessly and did not suggest what you think they did.

bipartisanship is always code for "willing to cave", also she's willing to change the rules to let republicans run around her easier

https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1062810957276160002

Retro42 posted:

The entire membership of the Dems in the Senate. Just easily got his Minority Leader job again today.

dems aren't the left

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
evilweasel how do you think the judge will rule in the CNN/WH case?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1062841919842275328

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yinlock posted:

bipartisanship is always code for "willing to cave", also she's willing to change the rules to let republicans run around her easier

the package is meaningless fluff if you would bother to read it

https://gottheimer.house.gov/uploadedfiles/break_the_gridlock_packet.pdf

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Swell

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

How presidential

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

She's just worried that Dumbledore is angling for that job.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Crows Turn Off posted:

I guarantee at least 90% of the US population has no idea who he is.

Mostly agree, but I think his involvement hurt the Kavanaugh proceedings, as one example.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Retro42 posted:

He's only been the Democratic leader for 2 years, never in the majority.

The real difference between Schumer and Pelosi is that Schumer only needs to win a majority of his caucus. Pelosi, because she wants to be Speaker, needs to win a majority of her caucus and keep the number of people willing to publicly buck her under a certain amount. Anti-Pelosi members are nowhere close to a majority of the House Dems, but they don't need to be.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

the package is meaningless fluff if you would bother to read it

lol #1 is literally "to keep me in power so i don't have to answer to those dirty leftists"

the entire thing is set up so republicans can hinder her more easily

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Hot takes and twitter links don’t really provide a strong argument to your points that have both been thoroughly debunked in like the last five pages of this thread.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lemming posted:

How presidential

All he had to do was grab her crotch and brag about it on tape and he'd have been elected.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Yinlock posted:

dems aren't the left

please consider reading the last couple pages on the rule change

it's probably unreasonable to expect you to go find the parts of the thread discussing her use of the b-word and the immediate and total fixation on it to the exclusion of everything else she said in the immediate post-election press engagement, but tldr, it's essentially meaningless and a perfectly reasonable and entirely traditional and precedented club to craft and beat the republicans with, "we wanted to work with them and submitted all these neat bills that are objectively good and then the senate buried them without even bothering to debate, look at these insane ghouls"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1062846385744216065

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

skylined! posted:

Hot takes and twitter links don’t really provide a strong argument to your points that have both been thoroughly debunked in like the last five pages of this thread.

she's trying to compromise with nazis

GreyjoyBastard posted:

please consider reading the last couple pages on the rule change

it's probably unreasonable to expect you to go find the parts of the thread discussing her use of the b-word and the immediate and total fixation on it to the exclusion of everything else she said in the immediate post-election press engagement, but tldr, it's essentially meaningless and a perfectly reasonable and entirely traditional and precedented club to craft and beat the republicans with, "we wanted to work with them and submitted all these neat bills that are objectively good and then the senate buried them without even bothering to debate, look at these insane ghouls"

they've tried this so many times and it never works because the republicans just claim that the democrats are unwilling to work with them, and the spineless dems respond by giving them everything they want

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

why, i mean i get she is from a red state but the majority want this.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Yinlock posted:

she's trying to compromise with nazis

:geno:

You are being willfully ignorant.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Schumer is less vulnerable than Pelosi because he only needs a majority of his caucus and the job of senate minority leader is a dead end that nobody wants

A rebellion against Pelosi counter-intuitively has a lot more leverage because the Speaker needs a majority of the whole House, so they have to command like 95% of the Dem caucus

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

God, they're not going to shut up about this for a month.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Retro42 posted:

I said people on the left, buddy :colbert:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So she is gone now?

Have they gotten their story straight on this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Now he's as finally as qualified as Trump to be president

Really want to understand how this came to be.