Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

them showing no written votes makes or seem like it's a pile on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
holy gently caress

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Off the top rope brother! :drat:

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
holy gently caress

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

WOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOOW

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
That was amazing.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Angelina keeps begging for things at tribal

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

wonder how happy Dan is that Angelina is in and Johnny Blindside is out

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hahah, holy poo poo what an episode. That John blindside was perfectly executed AND they managed to save their vote steal and idol nullifier.

I was thinking, they really should target someone other than Angelina, and when she was getting votes, I was like "Doh!" but then they clutched it with the John votes to spread in case she got an idol played. I'm not sure that even makes any sense though unless they knew Christian was getting an idol played on him but whatever. Maybe he DID know ahead of time, and the surprise at tribal was for show.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 15, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

YO A MINORITY VOTE SPLIT THAT WAS NOT ONLY NEEDED BUT WORKED WHAT IS THIS SEASON

:vince:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i shoulda gotten him dat idol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was so glad that Davie didn't try to be sly and use the vote stealer but instead big dicked it and just used the idol.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I was so glad that Davie didn't try to be sly and use the vote stealer but instead big dicked it and just used the idol.

Well Nick has the vote steal but using it at 12 would just get them to a 6/6 tie at best. Idol play was ballsy as hell and it was a great move, hope it pays off long term.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I would vote for Davie at FTC for that move. Hot drat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was loving awesome

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I feel bad for John because he was playing a great game, but that was one of the most exciting tribal councils ever.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Great episode, great season, and I was so surprised by the outcome that when Jeff showed the first John vote I couldn't even remember who that was.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

I feel bad for John because he was playing a great game, but that was one of the most exciting tribal councils ever.

:hai:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Angelina's guilt-tripping worked to get an idol but not a jacket and that sums up how useless the Goliaths are as a voting block.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
This episode just shows how awful that nullifier can potentially be. If Dan or Angelina or really any Goliath had gotten the nullifier instead of Carl they almost certainly would have played it tonight given all of the paranoia about Christian having an idol, and we would have (1) been robbed of that great episode, (2) had to watch a boring smug 7-person majority take a stranglehold on the game and pick off the 4 remaining Davids in the next 4 episodes with almost nothing they could do to stop it.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Vernacular posted:

but my gut is also telling me that John is going to be the first significant blindside this season

:hmmyes:

Its a bit of a bummer though because he was one of the most likable players out there, but his edit was screaming "early elimination" all the way.

Angelina's metamorphosis into the perfect goat continues. Whatever truth she struck on in her comments about men getting the credit for her ideas contrasts pretty starkly with her groveling in front of Dan for his idol. She has been pretty effectively neutralized in this game, and it would not shock me at all to see her sitting (and losing) at FTC.

Nick's stock is up after this one. He's starting to get a bit of a narrator edit. Mike's stock is down. Seems like he tried to make a premature play there, but it also wouldn't shock me if he tried to feel out an Angelina/Davey/Carl vote only to run up against opposition on the Goliaths, leaving him with not much choice in the matter. Not sure about Alec. He could maybe worm out of trouble and continue to play both sides, but I think its more likely the rest of the Goliaths figure out he's the one who let the plan slip.

Nice play by Davey. Good episode!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I just can't see anyone winning but Christian, Nick, or maybe Davie.

Mike gets an oddly favorable edit too but I think that might just might be being good friends with the loving host.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo! Johnny Boned! NO!

That was loving awesome play by Davie & Co. The balls to not only use the idol on Christian but split the minority vote to protect against an idol? God drat. That's a loving Hall of Fame play and Davie and Nick just took a huge jump in my rankings.

Holy drat, Davie! Balls, man.

I echo the feelings that its a shame it had to happen to Johnny Blindside since he was likable and playing a good game. But drat was it worth it. And now we get to see Dan and Angelina mope and scramble!

Dan and Angelina are really, really entertaining douchebag rivals. Its like this perfect balance of not being bad enough people to be angry about but being so totally unlikable so you really look forward to both losing. Even if, yeah, Angelina's probably gonna be losing at Final 2.

LOL @ Dan douching it up and costing his team the reward challenge.

I felt like Christian fell apart a little in Tribal and kind of showed his first serious game cracks. For his skills in the game he didn't really seem to do much to build the strong alliances he needs to survive as a threat. Maybe he was stronger with Mike, Alec, and Allison and its a real huge betrayal for them but he seemed totally unprepared and frazzled. Sure, Angelina always manages to get in a fight in Tribal but he didn't have to be on the other end of it. Its not fatal but as Nick and Davie rose in my power rankings Christian fell.

Awesome, awesome, all time Tribal play.

Lone Goat posted:

She's a little right about men often claiming credit for women's work but she's so unlikable I'm still rooting against her.
She's not wrong in a vacuum but I'm not sure the Christian thing is about WHO suggested it (or their gender) as much as it was about HOW Angelina suggested it last week. Its hard to know for sure since we didn't see the long form way Angelina presented it last week vs Mike this week. But the edit certainly made it seem like Mike introduced it more diplomatically and Angelina kind of told her alliance it was the plan. And it seems like Angelina's style. Who knows how much her personality is affecting the edit or her edit is affecting our perception of her personality? But Angelina's made enough of a consistent impact that its hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Now that’s how you run a blindside. Hot drat.

The Goliaths are going to be a mess now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And I really have no idea what I think of Mike's play. On one hand I think its really dumb to burn a bunch of people who trust you and not even have the foresight Alec did to give Nick a head's up about it. But I can also see the strategic merit in wanting to go with the Goliaths if you assume they'll pick each other off over you.

In the end I guess the simplest answer is Mike played badly because Nick and Davie outplayed him. As did Alec.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
When the Davids were talking about 'who should we target'? there was a brief moment where they cut to John and I got slightly worried. Should have known that something screwy was about to happen.

I... was not expecting Dan to save Angelina, actually. This could be the start of something. It doesn't hurt him too badly since he has a second idol, I guess.

I'm gutted John's out, but there are still plenty of people left to play. I think he'd do really well as a returnee if nothing else.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Goliaths still have majority. Could go to equal numbers with a vote steal though.

No one but Kara knows Dan has another idol, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zesty posted:

They still have majority.

Although Nick and Davie have a way around that now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oops, sorry, ninja'd that there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I... was not expecting Dan to save Angelina, actually. This could be the start of something. It doesn't hurt him too badly since he has a second idol, I guess.
If anything I think Dan misplayed by not being more solid about it. He should have been "Yeah, if there's any problems I'll use it on Angelina, go team" all along since not only would it have been a huge Jury/team movie like Davie but it would have provided cover for his idol target while leaving him the second one. He seemed outwardly selfish the way he played it, especially in contrast to Davie.

But I also kinda hate the guy so...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Does Dan benefit or not by burning his idol for her? The result is the same either way (John goes home), but he either looks smart for saving an idol, or Angelina gets miffed that he won't play his idol for her.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
^^^Its common knowledge that he has the idol at this point, so as long as Kara doesn't tell the others about his second, he gets to take the target off his back while also looking like a good teammate.

STAC Goat posted:

If anything I think Dan misplayed by not being more solid about it. He should have been "Yeah, if there's any problems I'll use it on Angelina, go team" all along since not only would it have been a huge Jury/team movie like Davie but it would have provided cover for his idol target while leaving him the second one. He seemed outwardly selfish the way he played it, especially in contrast to Davie.

But I also kinda hate the guy so...

Honestly just seemed like he wanted to emasculate Angelina as much as possible in the process, which is lovely, though its also on her to exercise some cool in that situation.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 15, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Does Dan benefit or not by burning his idol for her? The result is the same either way (John goes home), but he either looks smart for saving an idol, or Angelina gets miffed that he won't play his idol for her.

I think everyone would have seen he was a selfish player with an idol in that case and his goose would be cooked. If nothing else this move might have repaired damage with Angelina and preserved some sense of loyalty to the Goliaths.

I think he misplayed the play, but he made the right play. Does that make sense?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

STAC Goat posted:

I think he misplayed the play, but he made the right play. Does that make sense?

I would agree. Angelina is dead in the water and the bottom of the Goliath totem pole but using it on her should help his stance in the alliance.

Also didn't see the end after John left. So I guess Nick/Davie/Carl voted for John and Christian/Gabby voted Angelina? If Angelina had been saved after getting more votes than John then this move would be awful.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nick, Davie, and Christian voted for John. So I'd guess that they set it up ahead of time? At least enough to let Christian know to vote John.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Unless Dan plays his second idol intelligently, it feels like a Goliath is definitely going home next week. Either Alec/Alison/Mike flips, or they steal a vote, and I think Kara or Dan plays the price.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I hope Dan feels bad about saving Christian last week now. Brochachotrayed.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

I just can't see anyone winning but Christian, Nick, or maybe Davie.

Mike gets an oddly favorable edit too but I think that might just might be being good friends with the loving host.

I'm willing to put Robot Spine Money $35 on this.

:toxx: If Christian wins, I will buy :blindside: :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm actually a little annoyed at myself for deleting my recording because I want to go back and watch it again. That was such an awesome play. I'm pumped for it and I want to turn on Live Feeds or something.

RHAP time, I guess.