Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dunno if this is the right spot for it but those lego all-star shorts went up the other day

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg6R6yXKSLYDpP6J5LWs27F2Ow8Uysx5K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Pedro Pascal is finally *officially* The Mandalorian:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/star-wars-pedro-pascal-mandalorian-series-1203023818/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

How long into Ep1 will someone utter a titular line?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
First line.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A farmer and his son see Pedro Pascal walk past in the first scene.

"It's the Man!"
"Da?"
"Lorian! That's his name!"

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Wheat Loaf posted:

A farmer and his son see Pedro Pascal walk past in the first scene.

"It's the Man!"
"Da?"
"Lorian! That's his name!"

I've got a bad feeling about this

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Negotiations? Haven't they already been shooting for a while now, or is everything we've seen so far just set and prop preparation?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought the titular line would be "I am the Mandalorian, you killed my X, prepare to die".

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

YES!!!!!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Negotiations? Haven't they already been shooting for a while now, or is everything we've seen so far just set and prop preparation?

Nope, they've been shooting. I'm guessing that they've been just been filming stuff that doesn't require Pascal to be physically there.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Apparently they've had a stunt man in the suit for all the action stuff they've been shooting so far. Someone in the know reported through a relative of the family that Clint Eastwood's grandson is actually handling that part.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

You don't need him for filming when it is crowd shots or his helmet is on.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

So when do the Bigger Mandalorian theories start

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

How about Gina Carano theories?

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1008405-star-wars-the-mandalorian-series-adds-gina-carano

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I mean, I guess she could be a grown up Sabine, but probably just a new character.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well considering her acting was so bad in fast and furious i was happy when she died so i would never have to see her again, i hope it's no one important

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well with Filoni on board there's only one answer. Ahsoka got JACKED.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's an awful actor, that's why she had like one line in Deadpool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sabine is clearly asian, so having her played by a white actor is pretty scummy.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

The actress who voices her does TV too so they could just get her to come back if they were desperate to bring Sabine into live-action. (I very much doubt they'll do that with the Rebels characters, though.)

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

cargohills posted:

The actress who voices her does TV too so they could just get her to come back if they were desperate to bring Sabine into live-action. (I very much doubt they'll do that with the Rebels characters, though.)

They'll absolutely be name-dropped, but I doubt actually featured.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

God I hope so, whoever she plays. I flipping love Gina Carano.

She's not the best actor but she was awesome as hell in Haywire and she can always improve and she's also a legit bad rear end.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

AndyElusive posted:

God I hope so, whoever she plays. I flipping love Gina Carano.

She's not the best actor but she was awesome as hell in Haywire and she can always improve and she's also a legit bad rear end.

Having Gina be a Mandalorian is the best actually, let her look pretty and never say poo poo and do cool stunts.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cargohills posted:

I used to listen to a Star Wars podcast called "Full of Sith" - it was okay but I lost interest over time - and one more tedious thing they did, despite being adults who had worked for Star Wars to varying degrees (usually writing for Star Wars Insider, contributing to the websites etc.) and should know better, was constantly speculating about how the then-unreleased sequel trilogy would definitely tie into Rebels.

Likewise, when Rogue One was announced they seemed sure that Felicity Jones's character was going to be someone from one of the cartoons.

I don't know, it's harmless but some people get so fixated on "the Canon" and I just don't see the appeal myself.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Why did the Clone Troopers all have Jango's accent? Accents aren't genetic, and Jango wasn't the one training them. Shouldn't they have Kimonoan accents?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jango helped lead their training, hence why he and Boba had a placed on Kamino. Once you get those first batches all trained up, I guess the accent just sticks once those clones in turn start training others and it continues from there.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Eh. Works for me, I guess.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Plus they're probably implanted with knowledge of language during their spawning. Humans can't learn a first language after a certain point of development and the clones have a vastly accelerated childhood and adolescence.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

Why did the Clone Troopers all have Jango's accent? Accents aren't genetic, and Jango wasn't the one training them. Shouldn't they have Kimonoan accents?

In the best Star Wars video game ever made, they don’t have the same accent (and it’s explained in-game).

It’s pretty long in the tooth, but if you’ve never played Republic Commando it’s worth picking up and blasting through.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

OptimusWang posted:

In the best Star Wars video game ever made, they don’t have the same accent (and it’s explained in-game).

I don't think there's any voice in the best star wars video game ever made though? :confused:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's lots of va in rogue leader

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

IRQ posted:

I don't think there's any voice in the best star wars video game ever made though? :confused:

TIE fighter has a ton of voice acting tho. And cutscenes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Not on my computer it didn't!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

IRQ posted:

Not on my computer it didn't!

Then you missed the glory of Zaarin/Thrawn ham to ham combat

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Colonial Air Force posted:

Maybe they do, and it just happens to sound similar to Jango's. The actress who played Taun We is also from New Zealand (and played Temuera Morrison's wife in Once Were Warriors) and the Kaminoan prime minister is played by an Australian dude.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Then you missed the glory of Zaarin/Thrawn ham to ham combat

Yeah but I learned a lot about boot disks I guess.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I remember before getting voicebin tie fighter I had to hear "sbos installed!".

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

bunnyofdoom posted:

drat straight. I still narrate things in my head with the Imperial briefing officer's voice sometimes. Followed up with a 'Serve the Emperor, before all others.'

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 15, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Dave Filoni inserting a version of Delta Squad back into the Star Wars was the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Am I the only one who thinks that Diego Luna and Pedro Pascal look a lot alike (in addition, obviously, to both being Latino)? Do you think this will have something to do with the plot?