Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I feel like the new torments are actually a step in the right direction as far as the new content goes. Being able to get some rewards even without killing the bosses is a step in the right direction. They encourage you to use characters that you might otherwise never use in ways that you might never have used them. As someone who has been playing this game for about 2 years now, they feel like a breath of fresh air in comparison to any of the magicites or the old torments.

The record dungeons are also a decent way of putting in puzzle fights into the game though that last optional 13 fight was kind of a kick in the nuts. I started getting burnt out around when 4* magicites started coming out and a lot of my friends had dropped it at that point, but I feel like things have been getting better since then. Now if only they would bring back full throttles again. Those were always fun to mess around with.

Awww they stopped doing full throttles? I loved those since they meant I had to use something else besides Mako Might/Dr. Mog and Ace Striker/Battleforged. Actually are those still the go to RMs?

Also how did Null Throttles turn out? I missed those and having no access to SBs at all sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Nowadays people use school/element/weapon boosts because 6* skills generate enough SB gauge that you don't care about boosting it anymore. Though Mako Might/Dr. Mog's are still useful for your buffers and healers.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, in endgame content the only people you really slap Ace Striker/Battleforged on are entrustbots like Shelke or (sometimes) OK/Tyro. Occasionally you'll get them on a buffer like Ramza or Sazh who juggles multiple buff SBs, but you have to contend with not getting those buffs up on The Very First Turn.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I got a book from the x33 pull and got so excited but it was Tyro’s Overstrike and not Godwall :(

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

It's 33-pull o' clock!

I got Nine USB, Emperor USB1, Ysale LMR, and Jecht BSB. Slightly subpar but 1) free 2) no dupes 3) my other 33 pulls were insane so I was bound to have a dud sometimes.

EDIT: Also did the half-price pull physical pull, and got two Tidus glints and his LMR (which I have at 8* already). Glints are...mostly useless given that I have his chain and USB and LMR? :shepface:

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 15, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Ahhh, I did good, did real good!

Vivi USB
Seppy USB2
Rydia OSB (my third, but it was my highest MAG weapon already)
WoL Glint (dupe)
Luneth Glint
Aranea LMR
Eiko BSB

Lucky draw got me Pecil AOSB, Cloud USB2, and Squall LMR

I think I have a complete Aranea now. All her gear snuck up on me. Is Vivi's USB still good?

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 15, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

33 got me Bartz BSB2, Relm USB, and Tifa AOSB.

Lucky got me Squall Glint* and Locke AOSB.

This says, "Instantly grant the user Empowered Infusion for Ice". Does that mean it makes my attacks Ice, or does it just buff any Ice attacks I use?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
6 discos and a 5*. 2 dupes. I'm very happy about Larsa USB!

Golbez USB seems pretty good too but I never use him.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

It powers up your ice attacks and makes your basic attack also ice. The empower part means you can stack it up to three(?) times for more of a boost.

1 dupe! TWO CHAINS! Seymour USB is nice, Cloud glint is nice, Scott burst is good just to have something for FF2.
I now have a physical and magical chain for fire and water, plus that tasty lighting chain! Heck yeah!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Kheldarn posted:

This says, "Instantly grant the user Empowered Infusion for Ice". Does that mean it makes my attacks Ice, or does it just buff any Ice attacks I use?

It turns the standard Attack into an ice attack (pointless in most situations), and boosts the power of any Ice-element abilities that the character uses.

e:f,b. :negative:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

33: Galuf LMR2 (dupe), Palom BSB (dupe), Master USB, Sephiroth USB2, Rinoa LMR1 (holy poo poo how does she have four of them?), Selphie USB1 (dupe)
Physical: Locke LMR

Honestly I'm surprised that I only got one weapon out of this as opposed to six pieces of armor. Usually it's the other way around!

Kheldarn posted:

33 got me Bartz BSB2, Relm USB, and Tifa AOSB.

Lucky got me Squall Glint* and Locke AOSB.

In general elemental infusions give the following for 25 seconds:
  • 1.5x damage for abilities with that element.
  • 1.8x damage for SBs with that element.
  • -20% damage taken from that element.
  • The Attack command gets replaced with a p1.0 ability of that element, which then gets boosted to p1.5 by the first value. This doesn't stack with other things that override your Attack command.
Empowered infusions are a relatively new piece of tech, appearing in the first round of USBs with Sephiroth USB1, that allow your damage multipliers with an element to get better. 1 stack gets you the standard effects as above, 2 stacks get you 1.8x/2x damage for abilities/SBs of that element, and 3 stacks get you 2.2x on all damage with that element. It's not worth chasing over other priorities but if you have it available it's a nice perk.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
My pulls went in interesting directions

33: Locke AOSB, Mustadio USB; Echo LMR. Emperor BSB, and Fujin BSB (dupe)
Phys Lucky: 2x Pencil Glints and Tidus Glint (dupe)

Not great but I cant say its bad either; no discos on the Phys Lucky hurts though, and Locke is kinda useless (I have his enfire LMR and nothing else)

I have Pencil USB2 so with his Glint I think he can replace my healer on my Holy team

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK mUSB for free. Also a +water light armor. Everything else is a dupe or underwhelming. Not bad.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Pretty bad for me.

5/33 - Braska USB, Yuna Summon USB (dupe), Tifa OSB (dupe), Aria BSB, Tidus Instant BSB (dupe)

Braska's the only 'useful' thing for me (Aria already has her USB). And a draw on the physical banner brought Squall's LMR. Not a dupe so it's not bad at least?

Fingers crossed for the magic banner. Still torn on whether i'll do the healing one - I have Ovelia and Rosa's USBs and all the bursts, but the last few USBs and LMRs would be great for Torments.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And the lucky:

No dupes so that's good. I have Cloud's wind LMR so his wind USB will be great once earth magicite finally gets unlocked, and it will definitely help with Torment Jenova. I have nothing else for PCecil, so it's good to change that, but at the same time just an AOSB and an enelement LMR won't be very useful for magicite or torment.

Also I now have a grand total of 14 +holy swords, not including the ones I combined :holy:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I barely play these days and mostly log in for daily mythril and to autoattack some event battles every once in a while but I saw there was a 33 pull tonight so hey whatever.

4x33: Rikku CSB, Xezat USB (+ice weapon gently caress yeah), Galuf BSB2 I think, and Zidane BSB2.

I'm hesitant to pull on the lucky because the only thing I really want is Squall USB. What else is coming up? I'm assuming a few more luckies.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
6/33: Eiko USB, Dorgann USB, Exdeath USB, Zidane OSB, P.Cecil BSB, Vincent BSB (dupe)

How competitive is Eiko USB?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

6/33: Eiko USB, Dorgann USB, Exdeath USB, Zidane OSB, P.Cecil BSB, Vincent BSB (dupe)

How competitive is Eiko USB?

It's the good stuff. Eiko was my top healer until I pulled Elarra USB/BSB on the last fest, and she's still my second best. You'll need an LMR if you want her to double cast, though.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

33 pull - tidus AOSB is a dupe, but ignis USB is a big gently caress yeah and Goblez USB is... something new at least! (bsb a dupe)

plucky - 0 dupes, and phys ice is a weak element for me so Squall USB2 is great! also my first +ice weapon, so that owns. Tidus has LMR already so the glint is meh, Pecil has USB2 so his LMR might see use eventually too

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Combo posted:

I barely play these days and mostly log in for daily mythril and to autoattack some event battles every once in a while but I saw there was a 33 pull tonight so hey whatever.

4x33: Rikku CSB, Xezat USB (+ice weapon gently caress yeah), Galuf BSB2 I think, and Zidane BSB2.

I'm hesitant to pull on the lucky because the only thing I really want is Squall USB. What else is coming up? I'm assuming a few more luckies.

Two more luckies, Magic and Healer.

Mage Lucky:

Terra ASB
Ashe ASB
Shantotto Chain
Ashe USB
Rinoa USB1 (non-Brave EnIce)
Terra Glint
Ashe Glint
Terra Fire BSB
Rinoa Ice BSB
Shantotto BSB
Terra Dualcast Fire LMR
Ashe Enlightning LMR
Krile Dualcast Fire LMR
Rinoa MAG buildup LMR

Healer Lucky:
Aerith USB2
Ovelia USB1
Rosa USB1
Larsa USB
Relm USB1
Aria BSB
Selphie RES boost BSB
Eiko BSB
Penelo Guts BSB
Vanille Instant BSB
Aerith Dualcast LMR
Ovelia Dualcast LMR
Selphie Attach Guts LMR
Larsa Attach Astra LMR

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
33 pull nets me 6/33

Garland AOSB
Queen USB
Raijin OSB(dupe)
Auron LMR
Exdeath LMR
Queen LMR

huh, suddenly Queen became ultra viable for me since I had her OSB already so that's nice. Garland for sure becomes head Dark Dastard of Destructive Death and Doom Deniability.

Rucky Draw nets me 2/11
Cloud USB2
Squall Glint

Very good draws

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

5/33

Sarah USB
Raines USB
Montblanc LM (dupe that I just from the Realm draw)
Noel LM
Seifer LM

2/11

Locke Glint
Tidus LM

Too many LMs for my taste. Is a Glint even useful if I got nothing else for the character?

Also kinda salty because I was planning on blowing the Alcolyte black mage banner choice on my friend Montblanc so I can use him, but now I have to get Raines' BSB claws.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So Eiko over Relm then? Or are they for different situations? I'm not planning on chasing Elarra, I want Rosa's clone of it from 4th Fest.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eiko's USB is good but not as good as a lot of other healer USBs. Definitely nowhere as good as Relm's USB, which imho is tied with Ellara's for best in the game right now.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

4/33:
Seph ASB
Xezat USB
Noctis USB
Red XIII USB

and 2/11:
Squall LMR dupe
Tidus USB dupe

Nothing exciting, but the Noctis bit will be handy for the occasional omniresist boss and I'll probably appreciate Red's Astra if I'm ever bored enough to move into torments.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Relm for Speed and general purpose healing, Eiko when you need Last Stand or want the Hastega for Dispel/Slow (or the rare battle where you feel like you need to start with a Medica amd can use he Hastega).

Dives are both survivability in different ways - Relm's elemental defense makes her less squishy, and Eiko's Trance will save her once and boost her MAG, MND and cast time which pays off for whatever she does: bard songs (not Allegro), summons and healing. Not too hard to trigger when she's providing her own Last Stand too.

I'd probably put Relm ahead of Eiko, especially now that Hastega is an ability that can solve the AoE Slow/Dispel situation, but Eiko still shines in certain situations.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 15, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

2/33 and one’s a dupe
thanks I guess

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Too many LMs for my taste. Is a Glint even useful if I got nothing else for the character?

Also kinda salty because I was planning on blowing the Alcolyte black mage banner choice on my friend Montblanc so I can use him, but now I have to get Raines' BSB claws.

I think the answer is 'it depends on the Glint and the character'. I have Terra with her Glint and doublecast LMR and it makes her pretty viable for Isgebind, but enelement and quickcast are really all a mage (heck, most characters) needs to pump out some decent DPS given how solid the 5/6* spells are. Locke has essentially the same Glint so he might be able to do similar with the new fire thief abilities, but he doesn't have a doublecast LM option.

Also I don't think Raines BSB is as mandatory as it used to be unless you want to use him for holy DPS, you can probably do as well or better for Dark with the USB and Dark Zone and/or Necrofear.

I'm looking forward to the mage lucky, pretty much all of those LMRs are excellent and for characters who I already have relics for and who are good. I've got a number of dupes (Ashe USB, Terra BSB2/Glint/LMR, Rinoa BSB2), but it's one of those rare banners where I'm almost as excited for the low end as I am the top end.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Cheers guys, think I'll skip healer lucky if Relm's the best-bar-Elarra.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The lucmy draw, though, gave me my first Arcane Overstrike SB! Locke’s one, specifically. Got a matching Legend Material for him too

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

33 got me Shatotto USB and a bunch of junk, lucky got me Cecil LMR and 3 Cecil Glints lol

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
4/33:
Seph BSB2 (dupe, but +dark katana)
Shantotto LMR2
Firion OSB (dupe, and it was crap the first time too)
Wakka USB1

Physical 2/11:
Tidus Glint
Locke AOSB

That Tidus glint is probably just gonna sit around, but Locke's AOSB is making me feel a bit better about my chain-less fire team.

Also that Wakka USB got me thinking: Out of the support pool his dive isn't total poo poo, but should we even worry about balancing dives now? Assuming power creep will eventually get us all the rubies, we can just buy motes for the more favorable pools and never think about diving a support again.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

3/33: Dorgann USB dupe, Y'shtola USB, Vanille LMR.

Thanks, game.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
6/33 on the freebie pull.

Celes AOSB (yay a +ice sword)
Paine USB (Dupe. This is like, what, fourth time?)
Irvine BSB 2 (Dupe, but +fire gun)
Rude BSB (+earth fist)
Vivi LMR (+fire hat)
Meia LMR (+water armour)

Well that's something, I guess.

Daily draw: Zack BSB

Physical lucky draw: Pecil LMR, Locke Glint.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 15, 2018

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
I got the gen 1 fire chain on the 33-pull. Did I win the pull?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Double Rabite posted:

I got the gen 1 fire chain on the 33-pull. Did I win the pull?
any chain is good, unless you already have a gen 2 chain of the same type

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This was my pull!

The discos were new, and I now have a BSB+ for every healer in every realm now!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

This was my pull!

The discos were new, and I now have a BSB+ for every healer in every realm now!

Solid burst pulls, too. Gogo V BSB may not be impressive, but it's a +water rod, so Strago or Rydia will really appreciate it. Sarah BSB is one of the more worthwhile healer BSBs, too - standard Instant Single/Command Medica commands, and an mblink on entry.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

KataraniSword posted:

Solid burst pulls, too. Gogo V BSB may not be impressive, but it's a +water rod, so Strago or Rydia will really appreciate it. Sarah BSB is one of the more worthwhile healer BSBs, too - standard Instant Single/Command Medica commands, and an mblink on entry.

The Gogo BSB was a dupe along with Maria’s BSB and Exdeath’s LMR. I’m glad I pulled Sarah’s BSB though.

Nabaat’s dualcast LMR is always welcome, too bad she shares a realm and a skill set with Raines, and I don’t really have anything else for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So Dissidia's event in JP does... some interesting things with its leads.

Right off the bat, there's some balance changes:

quote:

Firion: Gains 5* Knight
Lightning: Gains 5* Knight
Then everything new for Warrior of Light, Firion, Terra, and Lightning is on banner 1.

Banner 1 posted:

Terra's Lufenian Saber [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Fire Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Terra Trance to user
Fire Awakening Mode: Unlimited Fire Hones, Fire Ability Boost & Dualcast Fire
Terra Trance: Quick Cast & ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND/ACC/EVA +20%

Terra's Ultima Weapon [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Wind Overflow magic attacks

Terra's Guise [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks, En-Wind, High Quick Cast 2 & EX "Knowing Love" to user
EX "Knowing Love": MAG +30% & chases Wind abilities with 6 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks
Lightning's Royal Armlet [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/Lightning physical attacks, En-Holy & EX "Knight of Etro" to user
EX "Knight of Etro": After using Holy abilities, High Quick Physical 1 to front-row members & chases with [1>5>15>1>5>15...] single-taget Holy/Lightning/NE physical attacks
Warrior of Light's Apocalypse [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy physical attacks, 75% Holy Radiant Shield & Instant Cast 1 to party
Firion's Mythril Sword [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/Fire/Ice physical attacks, PHY Damage +30% & EX "Skills Master" to user
EX "Skills Master": Instant Samurai or Knight & 10% Samurai or Knight Drain
Y'shtola's Augmented Magitek Cane [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & High Quick Magic 3 to party, Instant Cast, Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use White Magic abilities
Level 0: Single-target h25 heal, Instant Cast
Level 1: h25 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 2: h55 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 3: h55 heal & Last Stand to party, Instant Cast

Terra's Lordly Robes [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Wind, En-Wind Stack & Instant Cast 1 to user, Instant Cast
Y'shtola's Weathered Yagrush [Glint, +10 MND] - Shell, Haste & High Regen to party, Instant Cast

Terra's Healing Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Lightning's Edged Carbine [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Lightning's Goddess's Grace [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Holy abilities
Firion's Crystal Mail [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Knight abilities
Terra's Meister Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Cloud's Durandal [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow attacks
Onion Knight's Hat [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth Overflow magic attacks
Squall's Flame Heart [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Fire Overflow physical attacks

Cloud's Cloudy Wolf [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Heavy Charge Booster & Darkness Blow to user
Darkness Blow: After using Dark abilities, chases with 4 single-target Dark/NE Overflow physical attacks
Onion Knight's Guise [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth magic attacks, EX "Wisdom of Light" to user
EX "Wisdom of Light": MAG +30%, Quick Magic & chases Wind, Water, Fire or Earth Black Magic abilities with 5-single-target Wind, Water, Fire or Earth magic attacks
Squall's Twin Lance+ [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/Fire physical attacks, High Quick Cast, Double Junction & Brave Mode to user
Double Junction: After using 0~8 Ice or Fire Spellblade abilities, Spellblade Damage +30~70%
Condition: Use Spellblade abilities
Level 0: Single-target Ice/Fire physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Ice/Fire Overflow physical attack

Rinoa's Hawkeye [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Earth magic attacks, En-Earth, Black Magic Damage +30% & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Black Magic abilities
Level 0: Single-target Earth magic attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Earth Overflow magic attack

Cloud's Nail Bat [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Dark & En-Dark Stack to user
Onion Knight's Defender [Glint, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - Weakness Damage +30% & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Cloud's Military Guise [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Onion Knight's Onion Helm [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - BLK Damage +25% with Rod equipped
Squall's Survival Vest [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Rinoa's Derringer [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Rinoa's Magic Armlet [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Black Magic abilities
Terra's Wind now! Lightning mantled Marche! Firion can use his holy!