Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

TheRat posted:

Good news everyone, you're on top of Norwegian papers

Flirte litt av den overskriften

edit: 1.26 is a little less than what a pound is currently worth in dollars. watch this space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Two ministers and a SPAD by 10am, not bad going. I wonder who's going to go around 10:30 to overshadow May's address of Commons.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

Two ministers and a SPAD by 10am, not bad going. I wonder who's going to go around 10:30 to overshadow May's address of Commons.

Well McVey's out.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/EstherMcVey1/status/1063008263225126912

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh heavens who left all this blood in the water?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Julio Cruz posted:

Well McVey's out.

She was getting hosed over on the universal credit too. And apparently had a big fight with May yesterday?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
McVey resigning over this is a great way to get out before they get fired for UC. The slimy gently caress

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Esther McVey can resign all the way to the loving sea

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

There goes mcvey

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

My Dad yesterday : "Good news Son, they've hammered out a BREXIT deal".

Me yesterday : "Give it 48 hours".

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Vlex posted:

Flirte litt av den overskriften

edit: 1.26 is a little less than what a pound is currently worth in dollars. watch this space!

Du lo høyt i det virkelige liv?

I am watching this poo poo and popcorn is going down my gullet. I want May to crash and burn in the figurative sense.

Also,

This took me by surprise and I did laugh.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Nice piece of fish posted:

Du lo høyt i det virkelige liv?

This google translate poo poo isn't fooling anyone.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/Damian_Barr/status/1063009559969755136

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Vlex posted:

This google translate poo poo isn't fooling anyone.

Røsk mæ i rævskjegget din gattjeger.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Is the press conference still on at 10.30? I'm not even British and I just gotta watch this.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
I got excited there for a moment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/nov/15/brexit-deal-theresa-may-takes-agreement-to-parliament-politics-live

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nice piece of fish posted:

Røsk mæ i rævskjegget din gattjeger.

rolig nå, francois

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

lilljonas posted:

Is the press conference still on at 10.30? I'm not even British and I just gotta watch this.

Statement to the house of commons, not the press, but yes, find a wsy to watch BBC parliament and you can watch it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Some idiots on Sky are trying to figure out how a referendum between three options would work.

Just make it a preference vote for chrissakes. This isn't difficult.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

sebzilla posted:

Esther McVey can resign all the way to the loving sea

as long as she doesn't come back to the Wirral and pollute west kirby beach with her withered corpse, I'm in favour

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

lilljonas posted:

Probably not, she's not going to want one of the people by her side resigning on live television.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1063011213808930817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1063011729305755648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sulphagnist posted:

Some idiots on Sky are trying to figure out how a referendum between three options would work.

Just make it a preference vote for chrissakes. This isn't difficult.

That idiot is known Einstein of our time, Adam Boulton

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Has there ever been a government suffer this many cabinet resignations without it leading to a general election (or indeed at all)?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

10 cabinet ministers, sitting on the wall
10 cabinet ministers, sitting on the wall
And if one cabinet minister, should accidentally resign...

Edit: Gleeful "chaos reigns"-ing aside, does this actually gently caress the deal?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Why would a referendum with more than two options work any differently to a referendum with two?

Is this being streamed anywhere (not the Sky poo poo, the press conference).

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
There's been one an hour so far? Wait to see what 11am brings.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Why would a referendum with more than two options work any differently to a referendum with two?

If they made it straight up 3 choices, "norway deal" and "remain" would spoil each other and hard brexit would be all but guaranteed

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sanford posted:

Has there ever been a government suffer this many cabinet resignations without it leading to a general election (or indeed at all)?

https://twitter.com/James_Taylor66/status/1016334993449213953

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Von Linus posted:

There's been one an hour so far? Wait to see what 11am brings.

Gove will go at 12 to make sure he's top of the lunchtime news bulletins.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Because remainers would all vote for the remain option while the brexit vote would be split between deal and no deal.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TheRat posted:

If they made it straight up 3 choices, "norway deal" and "remain" would spoil each other and hard brexit would be all but guaranteed

Plus most likely you'd get 34% of the people who bothered voting deciding what would happen.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

You could game such a referendum if you are dishonest by having one "no" alternative and several different "yes" alternatives. If "no" gets 20% and each of the other alternatives have less - proclaim "no" won because it got the most votes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so on a scale of 1-10 how Strong and Stable is this

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Like they were sort of getting at, if it's a straight up choice between three options and none of them get a majority of the vote, that's not a very strong mandate for any one option; and it would lead to strategic voting because people would have to pick between Deal and Remain.

You could make it two-stage so that the option with the least votes is eliminated in the first stage, or make it a preference/ranked vote where people get to rank the options, so a remainer could put down Remain 1, Deal 2 and No Deal 3, while a Brexiteer could just put in No Deal 1 and leave it there.

But this is all far too complex to comprehend for journos and politicians who are used to FPTP, I mean we saw how the AV referendum went.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
so what happened

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Suella Braverman (no, me neither) is gone as well.

(according to Sky)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

Suella Braverman (no, me neither) is gone as well.

Which caused Beth Rigby to laugh out loud live on Sky lmao

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The issue with more than one option is the admittance that FPTP is a bad system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Bit busy in the Commons for 10:20 in the morning :)