Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"The Nr10 front door has become a revolving one" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

Looking forward to the cabinet then

poo poo, now I wanna replay Megaman Battle Network. (3 and 5 are the best ones, 2 isn't bad)

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Number 10 front door has become a revolving one, loving these parliamentary bants.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Weird Jeremy Hunt is missing from that, he seems by far most likely

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Vlex posted:

I did this and people are posting about Fantomet and I love it

He's white you know

Oh please :pray: Corbyn is an utter model. He would usher in a red tide to wash over europe and rid us of these unclean privatizing idiots.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
The one point I'm not getting is this ire about Scotland not being mentioned. I get NI's specific case because that's a bit more complicated but the rest of the UK is just the rest of the UK. Scotland is defacto mentioned when the UK is mentioned.

England wasn't mentioned either, was it?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It sounds like a blood bath, any way for a US goon to watch?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOacA3RYrXk should work

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

RandomPauI posted:

This might work.

https://parliamentlive.tv/Commons

EDIT: Beaten like May's getting right now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Oh gosh yes, can't believe I forgot about Eden. What a great leader.
A name that was destined to Fall.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Direct democracy has long been a dream of the type of technocrat/Sorkinite who thinks people are all perfectly spherical political objects, and they were pretty much at the peak of their powers worldwide between 9/11 and the GFC.
How did that square with post-9/11 politics being a mixture of authoritarian warhawks and we-know-whats-best-for-you politics while ignoring some of the largest protests in history?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Set your vpn to a uk server :smuggo:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"Don't worry, everyone will get a turn!"

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, I wish our representatives were that shouty. Do you folks ever get any good fistfights going?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Rakosi posted:

The one point I'm not getting is this ire about Scotland not being mentioned. I get NI's specific case because that's a bit more complicated but the rest of the UK is just the rest of the UK. Scotland is defacto mentioned when the UK is mentioned.

England wasn't mentioned either, was it?

Giving North Ireland special circumstances while ignoring the fact Scotland as a nation voted no to Brexit, is basically playing into the SNP's hands.

You're right in that the rest of the UK should be the rest of the UK, but when the rest of the UK's proportional vote is English, it makes things harder.

It's why the Union is collapsing.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Skippy McPants posted:

Man, I wish our representatives were that shouty. Do you folks ever get any good fistfights going?

Supposedly the Clerk's table is wide enough to prevent MPs having sword duels across the aisle.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

A name that was destined to Fall.

How did that square with post-9/11 politics being a mixture of authoritarian warhawks and we-know-whats-best-for-you politics while ignoring some of the largest protests in history?

Because - and I'm not sure why this would be a surprise to you - these people are either idiots, liars, or lying idiots.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

May is fully surrendering to the EU lmao

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Skippy McPants posted:

There’s a long chain to it but essentially Corbyn is Labours leader because a Labour MP went off on one and started punching Tories in the Parliament bar.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lmao she's hosed it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Vlex posted:

Supposedly the Clerk's table is wide enough to prevent MPs having sword duels across the aisle.

Several MPs have grabbed the sceptre and taken a swing with it over the years though.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

May just confirmed that UK cannot withdraw from the backstop unless the EU consents.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Skippy McPants posted:

It's all just theatre. When you see it every week it's just embarrassing, bunch of braying arseholes going through the motions.

Anyway, more importantly, our favourite website has a take on Brexit!!!

https://twitter.com/DRUGSTORE_CLTR/status/1063024995306274816?s=19

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Ohh, now their timing makes a bit more sense

https://twitter.com/Mr_Considerate/status/1063020484042936320

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol if gove thinks he'd win a general election. I'm not sure the press realise just how off putting the general public will find him when it actually learns about him

https://twitter.com/owenjbennett/status/1063023948139511809

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Not the spectacles!

E: Oh okay, so basically Gove is resigning at 12 then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

John Redwood is a loving oval office and everytime he is on TV he should be made to mime to the Welsh national anthem.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/MrKennethClarke/status/1063008532155514880?s=19

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Are they still banging on about the divorce bill? Grandstanding nonsense.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Absolutest boy.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Certainly seems like Gove will give a press conference to resign after the Commons session is over!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
lol is Nigel Dodds going to cry?

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Communist Bear posted:

Giving North Ireland special circumstances while ignoring the fact Scotland as a nation voted no to Brexit, is basically playing into the SNP's hands.

You're right in that the rest of the UK should be the rest of the UK, but when the rest of the UK's proportional vote is English, it makes things harder.

It's why the Union is collapsing.

I get this, thanks. I still find it a weird point of contention (and bad faith argument in general) to raise "we weren't mentioned!" in the house of commons. They could've made the point of Scottish interests not being represented by saying more along the lines of exactly that than some silly comparison with NI and other special territories. Like of course each country/territory in the UK is not going to get a uniquely catered Brexit deal.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Oh my lord, the DUP dude is sounding like he's about to carry out a death sentence

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

What's this about people standing up and walking out while May was speaking in Parliament? I've started watching the livestream but I haven't seen that yet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Elliptical Dick posted:

lol is Nigel Dodds going to cry?

I really enjoyed how he seems sincerely hurt that May BS'd him and the DUP. Beautiful.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

I really enjoyed how he seems sincerely hurt that May BS'd him and the DUP. Beautiful.

https://twitter.com/adampayne26/status/1063026854129557505

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Gove has been pretty vocal about moving to EEA membership. No way that's good enough for the lunatic membership. He's not gonna be leader. If he resigns, though, I'm fairly certain it's over for May.

My money is on Dominic 'The UK is an island?!?!' Raab to win. He'd be a total disaster, obviously.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

May's voice is starting to tremble

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
How is he going to win on this, he's a barely coherent sack of rancid marmelade with spectacles. Wikipedia redirects "bottom feeder" to his page. I'd call him a wet sponge but I'm afraid to offend life in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Man she's really loving this up