Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Coyotes will just walk right through concertina like it's not even there, too. Something about their hair I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol piss babby mad at everyone today.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol piss babby mad at everyone today.

??? not seeing any tweets

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Avenatti's second wife, the one he allegedly assaulted, has come out to say he didn't and that she wasn't even there nor has she even seen him in months.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1062958356447420416

Surefire Intelligence strikes again!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hot Karl Marx posted:

??? not seeing any tweets

Cnn was babbling about the staff shake ups, Melania making him look whipped with the most recent. Talking heads talking about the staffers walking on eggshells after the veterans day optics.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

GoGoGadget posted:

Avenatti's second wife, the one he allegedly assaulted, has come out to say he didn't and that she wasn't even there nor has she even seen him in months.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1062958356447420416

Surefire Intelligence strikes again!

They made a correction a while ago and most sites say "a woman". A lot of people are saying this is an O'Keefe hit job with Wohl but I'll wait till some real facts come out

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They made a correction a while ago and most sites say "a woman". A lot of people are saying this is an O'Keefe hit job with Wohl but I'll wait till some real facts come out

If it ended up being a different woman, why would Avenatti post this as defense against the accusation at all? Wouldn't make sense.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Cnn was babbling about the staff shake ups, Melania making him look whipped with the most recent. Talking heads talking about the staffers walking on eggshells after the veterans day optics.

I hope they wear their service to the Hate Mango like an albatross around their necks until the end of their careers

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

:wrong: again lib

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

egyptian rat race posted:

I hope they wear their service to the Hate Mango like an albatross around their necks until the end of their careers

French women who provided comfort to the Nazis had their heads shaved.

Alas, if Trump's lickspittles shaved their heads, they'd just be more open about their sympathies.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Did Donny Smooth Brain mix up the Mueller Investigation and the White House again?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Jesus thats just... Wow.

Even Turtleman has gotta be wondering if he's gonna have to impeach a bitch at this point.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Arc Light posted:

Alas, if Trump's lickspittles shaved their heads, they'd just be more open about their sympathies.

The first skinheads?

unending public shame is the only answer

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Pretty strong chance the UK government falls by the end of the week. 3 Ministers gone today and Theresa May has poo poo the bed massively at Parliament today.

There is zero chance that her half-baked brexit deal will pass a vote.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Don Dongington posted:

Jesus thats just... Wow.

Even Turtleman has gotta be wondering if he's gonna have to impeach a bitch at this point.

There is 0 chance a Republican Senate follows through on impeaching a president with 90%+ popularity within his own party. That has to change first, and do you see that happening?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063046973857718272

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Trump was pretty quiet yesterday, today on the other hand, pump those tweets right into my veins

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I too worked for Obama for 8 years, as did pretty much everyone else in the US government who’s been working for the US government for 10 years or more. Good observation there.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It’s like.....project much?

I’m sorta at a loss as to how anyone can’t see that.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Arc Light posted:

Surely there is an appropriate level of shame between zero on the one hand and being physically exiled from society on the other?

E: let me clarify, if you're low-mid level LE/military or Tom the loving congressional mailman with a few years until retirement I don't give a gently caress, your position doesn't have control over policy. Not really.

If you're a political appointee or elected official with any real leverage who is complicit with separation of families etc. then some of this evil poo poo needs to stick to the sole of your shoe for a long time.

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 15, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I think it's pretty reasonable that there is a difference between people just doing a job and then thie ones that saw the orange dumpster fire and said I'm joining just for this guy.

Bring back public stockades.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

egyptian rat race posted:

Surely there is an appropriate level of shame between zero on the one hand and being physically exiled from society on the other?

E: let me clarify, if you're low-mid level LE/military or Tom the loving congressional mailman with a few years until retirement I don't give a gently caress, your position doesn't have control over policy. Not really.

If you're a political appointee or elected official with any real leverage who is complicit with separation of families etc. then some of this evil poo poo needs to stick to the sole of your shoe for a long time.

Sure. When I said "lickspittle," I meant the people who actually throw in with Trump.

If you're a federal employee who fixes generators regardless of the president, and you wouldn't ever commit a war crime, no problem.

If you're a federal employee who fixes generators and endlessly shares lovely MAGA memes on Facebook, then you suck and your friends are right to shame you.

If you're a federal employee and you're too busy guarding asylum seekers in their internment camp to reply to this message, then you are one of les collaborateurs.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There's been a DC circuit appeals case running since October, concerning a grand jury subpoena issued within a sealed criminal case that's been going since August. The appellant in that appeals case submitted their brief yesterday.

There was a prior appeals case that was running from September to early November, related to a GJS from the same criminal case, but had gotten dismissed by the appellee, after which the appellant moved for a rehearing en banc. That motion was denied by an en banc order in which Trump's appointee Katsas recused.

The news site speculation is that it's trump trying to duck answering a subpoena and the court is not letting him do that.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FAUXTON posted:

There's been a DC circuit appeals case running since October, concerning a grand jury subpoena issued within a sealed criminal case that's been going since August. The appellant in that appeals case submitted their brief yesterday.

There was a prior appeals case that was running from September to early November, related to a GJS from the same criminal case, but had gotten dismissed by the appellee, after which the appellant moved for a rehearing en banc. That motion was denied by an en banc order in which Trump's appointee Katsas recused.

The news site speculation is that it's trump trying to duck answering a subpoena and the court is not letting him do that.

Do we actually know who the defendant is? I'd hate to get my hopes up then turn out it's against the mayor of DC or something.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Do we actually know who the defendant is? I'd hate to get my hopes up then turn out it's against the mayor of DC or something.

The underlying criminal case is sealed v sealed, so it's 100% speculation on docket entries right now. If it was the mayor of DC it's unlikely Katsas would have recused from the rehearing decision. Katsas was in the DOJ during the Bush admin, then took a job at a private firm, then served as deputy white house counsel for nearly all of 2017 before being appointed to the court.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 15, 2018

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There is 0 chance a Republican Senate follows through on impeaching a president with 90%+ popularity within his own party. That has to change first, and do you see that happening?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063046973857718272

This investigation is too broad, and why won't they look at all of my Democrat enemies too?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ap/status/1063017061704708096?s=21

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

"Well guys, we hired you to do something and you did it, but you got caught. Sucks to be you."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Prop Wash posted:

I too worked for Obama for 8 years, as did pretty much everyone else in the US government who’s been working for the US government for 10 years or more. Good observation there.

Also it’s not even true. Mueller left federal service in 2013 and returned to the private sector, not working for Obama.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Literally live by the sword, die by the sword.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mlmp08 posted:

Also it’s not even true. Mueller left federal service in 2013 and returned to the private sector, not working for Obama.

Yes but you see ONLY A DISCIPLE OF THE ANTICHRIST OBAMA COULD TAKE DOWN BIG DADDY TRUMP THE SAVIOR!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

2018 is still full of surprises

https://twitter.com/BrendanNyhan/status/1062944085890068480?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
A computer gaming conference decided to invite Stephen Bannon to be their keynote speaker this year.

Some in the industry considered this pretty weird:

Wired posted:

ACE is run by Adrian David Cheok, the director of an independent research lab called the Imagineering Institute in Malaysia and a professor at City, University of London. Cheok says he chose to invite Bannon to speak after seeing his talk on YouTube at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit last year, which had similar economic nationalism and anti-immigration themes. As a number of researchers pointed out, ACE is not a political or even an industry conference—it’s a scholarly venue meant to provide a place for academics to share their work.

“For a conference like this, the keynote is either a leading academic researcher, or someone from industry who does relevant work,” says Katharine Neil, a French game developer who holds a doctorate in computer science games research. “This is like inviting Ed Sheeran to keynote a microbiology conference. It's unfathomable.”

One academic pointed out the only tangentially related experience Bannon possesses is his involvement with Internet Gaming Entertainment, which made a profit by having low-wage videogame players in China earn virtual credits that were then sold to wealthier players in other parts of the world. “The business practices of that company alone ought to disqualify Bannon from being presented as anything other than a cynical operator,” says Jeff Watson, a professor of interactive media and games at the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts.

Then, as notoriety grew, presenters began to simply pull out such that the conference wouldn't really have any writers/presenters/attendees unless you were there for Bannon.

The board sticks by their decision to host Bannon, and they are having a super normal one:

quote:

However the ACE Committee will not back down to the angry anti-free speech mobsters. Although almost all papers were withdrawn because the mobsters mentally violently bullied the authors with threats and black-emails and social media posts, we will still carry on with our Keynote Speech by Mr. Stephen K. Bannon. We will carry on in an academic free-speech forum and debate with our Keynote Speaker Mr. Bannon in the true sense of the Athenian Forum. We will never let ourselves become “burned” like the Nazi anti-free speech book burning. Our commitment to free speech is mighty and unbreakable, in the spirit of famous free-speech heroes, such as Socrates, Erasmus, John Milton, Voltaire, John Stuart Mill, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Professor Timothy Garton etc.

Their full meltdown here: http://ace2018.info/

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

What conference wouldn't want such a big name as Steve "Not a fascist" Bannon who can pull in literally tens of people to a Holiday Inn in the hinterlands

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Real mature, practically presidential.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

A computer gaming conference decided to invite Stephen Bannon to be their keynote speaker this year.

Then, as notoriety grew, presenters began to simply pull out such that the conference wouldn't really have any writers/presenters/attendees unless you were there for Bannon.

The board sticks by their decision to host Bannon, and they are having a super normal one:

Looking at that guy's Wikipedia page and twitter, he's super into loving robots and has a totally normal brain.

Edit: https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1063080419606749185

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 15, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
If that smoothbrained moron really did try to setup a highly litigious attorney I am going to die laughing

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

BadOptics posted:

Looking at that guy's Wikipedia page and twitter, he's super into loving robots and has a totally normal brain.

Edit: https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1063080419606749185

:frogon:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
The free speech absolutist tech bros are always dumb as hell.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://boingboing.net/2018/11/15/fiddler-on-the-trump.html?fbclid=IwAR1s6DiMv8ncLQOGwulyAOH4p0F5AjmMiL8RbRt4a3ZnQ_6hCmvllF-xb84

TL;DR: Guy burst out screaming "Heil Hitler, Heil Trump" at a presentation of Fiddler On The Roof.

https://www.newsweek.com/kansas-off...rIHluzz9ubPB7vU

Kansas Official tells black woman that he is part of the Master Race and tells her not to forget it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mlmp08 posted:

Shocked that an Australian techbro would be a racist POS.