Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno, wanting to viscerally murder all of my co-workers would be pleasingly refreshing imho.

Especially as they can't sack you for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Hell yeah they are, just need that GE first

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

"I firmly believe this country's best days are ahead of it"

Laughter. If that isn't the sign of a country in decline, I don't know what is.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Guavanaut posted:

I dunno, being a giant amoral gently caress sounds like it'd be a piece of piss in the UK Parliament, whereas actually wanting to help people in a world of whips and pedos and backroom deals would wind me right up.

Well yeah, and our political systems actively reject and work against people like that, and keep them as far away from the levers of power as possible.

But if you're a giant amoral gently caress, like you're bound to be if you're the Tory Prime Minister, you dug your own grave when you die of a heart attack at the age of 62

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

gently caress me that guy behind Frank Field had the biggest jowls I've ever seen on a human

I think that was Mike Gapes.

Yes, Gapes.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

If you share your name with a Tory MP, and write a letter to the chairman of the 1922 committee asking for a confidence vote (while crucially at no point in the letter claiming to be said MP), are you committing any offence?

Asking for a friend.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, Gapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7yoLarLDMk

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, Gapes.

well he doesn't gape he bulges

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Peter Bone is such a poo poo speaker.

Julio Cruz posted:

well he doesn't gape he bulges

Eric Pickles is now a Labour MP???

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just keep remembering that girl I liked telling me May was the most determined politician in the country and each time I do I do a little lol

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

I'm convinced he's only still there so people can make jokes about Mrs Bone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jesus someone get this man to a doctor. Or an oven. :stare:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rarity posted:

I just keep remembering that girl I liked telling me May was the most determined politician in the country and each time I do I do a little lol
were you dating theresa may

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Even more importantly he is a total oval office.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
To be fair she is pretty determined.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

"Hotel California Brexit" is pretty good, although dated.

Rarity posted:

I mean you can be super determined but your goals might be ill-advised and corrupt and your methods inept and ineffective

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wow, a Hotel California reference, how contemporary by Tory standards.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Rarity posted:

I don't get this. The same person I mentioned upthread who is a fan of Grieve 4 PM thinks Rees-Mogg is a dickhead, but quote: "at least he believes in something and doesn’t feel the need to bow to May."

I believe in driving 80 km/h towards oncoming traffic, and don't feel the need to bow to the law. This is admirable, you should all admire me.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Pesky Splinter posted:

"I firmly believe this country's best days are ahead of it"

The instant uproarious laughter in response to that was a little concerning honestly.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Vitamin P posted:

The instant uproarious laughter in response to that was a little concerning honestly.
Planet's dyin', Cloud.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Vitamin P posted:

When it comes down to it we all know what's coming, we just pretend otherwise

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Labour MP Barry Sheerman says May is a woman of courage who has been let down by her colleagues. He says she has an impossible task, because no Brexit deal is better than the status quo.

:thunk:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

If you share your name with a Tory MP, and write a letter to the chairman of the 1922 committee asking for a confidence vote (while crucially at no point in the letter claiming to be said MP), are you committing any offence?

Asking for a friend.

In the expectation that you would be confused with said MP? Yes

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

We call it direct democracy. You headbutt people and democracy comes out.

Well isn't that essentially what the US and UK do in their Middle East adventures with rather large weaponized head butts.

The big laugh is the far right of the Labour party supported it because they thought it would bring total destruction for ever to the moderate centrist wing (ie Corbyn etc).

OwlFancier posted:

She both volunteered and fought a few other people for this. If she didn't realise it would lead to this she's just far thicker than her pay grade ought to permit.

Exactly. I keep reminding my mother of this when she's on one of her 'TM is doing the best she can in a difficult situation and we should support her' rants. (Mother voted Green in 2017).

Meanwhile two theme songs for today

Eminen - Till I Collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQ5CYE1VZw

or this one

Deep South - In hell I'll be in good company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Even more importantly he is a total oval office.

Quality line from his Wiki page: "Peter Bone advocates the privatisation of the NHS, having stated that the service would not look out of place in Stalinist Russia"

What a bellend.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
who actually negotiated this deal? you'd think Raab would own it seeing as he was Brexit minister and all - did he just have nothing to do with it? :wtf:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bardeh posted:

who actually negotiated this deal? you'd think Raab would own it seeing as he was Brexit minister and all - did he just have nothing to do with it? :wtf:

yes

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Oliver Robbins

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

Yes he was brought it so there could be A Person There. After Territorial SAS veteran David Davis and Karate Black Belt Dominic Raab, who knows which kung fu expert Theresa May wrongly thinks is politically inert she'll put in the post next.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Going by the paperwork, I think he just capitulated on every point imaginable, nodded like a dog, then ran away and cried somewhere.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Yeah Dominic Raab didn't actually have anything to do with the negotiations.

What was he up to while he was the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union? I have no loving clue.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Well isn't that essentially what the US and UK do in their Middle East adventures with rather large weaponized head butts.

The big laugh is the far right of the Labour party supported it because they thought it would bring total destruction for ever to the moderate centrist wing (ie Corbyn etc).

Exactly. I keep reminding my mother of this when she's on one of her 'TM is doing the best she can in a difficult situation and we should support her' rants. (Mother voted Green in 2017).

Meanwhile two theme songs for today

Eminen - Till I Collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQ5CYE1VZw

or this one

Deep South - In hell I'll be in good company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

Tom Jones, The Cardigans - Burnin' Down The House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYuldgIOelY

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Sulphagnist posted:

What was he up to while he was the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union? I have no loving clue.
Talking to Michel Barnier about nothing while civil servants from the UK and EU talked to each other in a different, more important room.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Tom Jones, The Cardigans - Burnin' Down The House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYuldgIOelY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Lol the Sky livestream is following the GBP/USD and GBP /EURO rate in the top and you can see it falling every time May speaks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sulphagnist posted:

maikng preparations for stuff like no deal supposedly. Which is how he learned we're an island

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Sulphagnist posted:

I seem to recall DExEU's brief was preparing the UK for the results of Brexiting while Robbins et al negotiated the actual deal.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHMkRHk9lgI

but with the cabinet turning into blue goo

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

So this exchange just happened between me and my best mate from school.

:psyduck:

Laughed when he complained about "the level of political discourse" though. gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sulphagnist posted:

Being Brexiteer cover for the PM & her favourite civil servant.