Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol gapey mike telling may to step aside for a national government to serve the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

lol gapey mike telling may to step aside for a national government to serve the country

Only if it's lead by Jeremy Corbyn

From The Guardian's liveblog: "Labour’s Stella Creasy says only seven MPs within the last two hours have expressed any support for the PM’s plan. What makes May think she will be able get it through the Commons?

May says the deal will be good for the UK."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1063045747812286464

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

That's an... interesting political move by May/her people - if he turns it down and quits it gives them an instant attack line of "So you disagree but are unwilling to help make something better?". If he takes it there's not really an opportunity for him to quit until after the transition deal is done, and as that'll never match up to the unicorn poo poo he's been espousing he'll be completely neutered.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Lambert posted:

That's a strange thing to say, considering the current makeup of the US government.

Now now, maybe he's happy America has been Made Great Again

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hnggggggggggggg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Just in time for him to the count the letters and stick the knife in upfront

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Just tuning in now and laughing over my toast.

Is it just me or is the commons quite empty looking at present, or has it been this quiet all day?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

She's certainly being made to eat something in the House.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Who changed the thread tag away from Marxism? Monster

yeah since there's no thread icon for a flaming piece of human poo poo i figured flaming money was apropos for how the negotiations are going

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 15, 2018

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
^^^
[e]: There we go then, pretty apropos

forkboy84 posted:

Who changed the thread tag away from Marxism? Monster

I don't know but the burning cash is particularly relevant at the moment, given that apparently the pound started to poo poo itself whenever May opened her mouth.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1063047007374323712

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Pretty sure America can turn itself around in a few years if young people start voting/Democrats start having spines. In a few years Great Britain is going to be so economically damaged there will be no easy recovery.

It is OK, sometimes a child has to care for their parent. I am sure we will take pity. :shobon:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Starting a new job closer to home Monday, made it half way through my week's notice before skiving off.

Was a good idea imo, glad I ain't missing this shitstorm.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh god I need more I'm still not there

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Iymarra posted:

Is it just me or is the commons quite empty looking at present, or has it been this quiet all day?

people busy with their plots

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Iymarra posted:

150 people have asked slight variations on the same 2 questions:

"Does the PM not think my constituents will consider this the biggest surrender since the Fall of Singapore?"
or
"Does the PM not think we should have a second vote?"

Now they're off to lunch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

yeah since there's no thread icon for a flaming piece of human poo poo i figured flaming money was appropo for how the negotiations are going

Clearly someone needs to design that thread icon and quickly.

(I just got confused when I couldn't find the thread at a glance. I had to read the words and it was hard)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sammy Wilson is fuming, lots of angry finger-pointing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Pretty sure America can turn itself around in a few years if young people start voting/Democrats start having spines. In a few years Great Britain is going to be so economically damaged there will be no easy recovery.

It is OK, sometimes a child has to care for their parent. I am sure we will take pity. :shobon:

Oh gently caress off with your one party state descending into full scale fascism. The Democrats will not save you.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

Sammy Wilson is fuming, lots of angry finger-pointing

Almost wish Ian Paisley was still alive for this.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wefail/status/1063023956830117888

if i could boil this down to a thread icon it would be amazing but its a little big

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Lord_Hambrose posted:

lmbo get back to us when medicare for all is actually a thing

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
The US and UK have both been completely and irrevocably taken over by neoliberalism, the working class will suffer a perpetual degradation from now until the merciful end, we are brothers in failure so we might as well be nice to each other.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Nah you can gently caress off.

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

Party Plane Jones posted:

if i could boil this down to a thread icon it would be amazing but its a little big

or

You can almost make it out!

Cancelbot fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Nov 15, 2018

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Please toxx yourself that Donald Trump won't win in 2020 because it's gonna be funny when you lose that bet

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Vitamin P posted:

The US and UK have both been completely and irrevocably taken over by neoliberalism, the working class will suffer a perpetual degradation from now until the merciful end, we are brothers in failure so we might as well be nice to each other.

It's a good day so please piss off with this, tyvm.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think its funny that you think any part of this is a burn when you're just recycling our own material without any of the ironic awareness. Did some brit touch a nerve joking about americans online, and you saw it and had a chip on your shoulder ever since?

you got mueller investigations, a hosed judiciary, republican senate and democratic house at odds with each other, a president who is a global laughing stock, a healthcare system that is so hosed it has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as any "1st world country".

We kinda have a bad party in charge and a brexit that isn't ever going to happen the way it's being tabled here if at all. Lots of niggling issues besides but if you want to dick measure on which country is the shittest you won't find anyone here trying to compete with the loving USA.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Also pretty sure Trump's gonna get to appoint his third Supreme Court nominee within the next two years, in which case the US is going to be hosed for at least the next 50, so good luck with that

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The Supreme Court will kill any progressive legislation for the rest of your life, we’re not nearly as hosed sorry.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

lmao

*has a rapist on the supreme court* wow u guys sure r in trubbl

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

seizure later posted:

Please toxx yourself that Donald Trump won't win in 2020 because it's gonna be funny when you lose that bet

There weren't many positive things about the 2016 presidential election, but one of the great pleasures in life was watching all the "show your map!!!!" cunts in uspol melt down as they realised it wasn't actually 'her turn'

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
hey stop pooping up the ukmt with bad posts, now is the time where we watch may's skin dissolve off finally revealing her reptilian core

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1063033473886236672

"It's not your fault you voted for a thing lots of people told you would be bad". gently caress that.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Fishery chat wrt. Brexit is the most boring poo poo imaginable, christ. I understand lots of people will be hosed over no matter what the outcome is, but I am sighing deep John Bercow sighs whenever it gets brought up.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The US is also gerrymandered to the point where even the Tories would look at the map and say "wait, hang on a minute".

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1063033473886236672

"It's not your fault you voted for a thing lots of people told you would be bad". gently caress that.

Disagree. If folk feel like that we should forgive and welcome them. It's not us vs. them, far too many of them are just us who haven't realised it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

It looks really familiar - is there a real painting it's based off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

The US is also gerrymandered to the point where even the Tories would look at the map and say "wait, hang on a minute".

"...how can we do that here."

(they did do that here by purging voter rolls and *then* asking the boundary commission to redraw)