Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1063033473886236672

"It's not your fault you voted for a thing lots of people told you would be bad". gently caress that.

Oh gently caress off. John Smith leave voter lives/lived in a bubble of selective/targeted media. It's like telling someone dying of lung cancer that "We did tell you smoking was bad!". Even if it's right it's not the loving point at this stage. The expectation that the average joe should be an expert on all these matters is loving bizarre. Reset your worldview to the real world my dude. If that was the case we wouldn't need politicians or a civil service.

Rakosi fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Zalakwe posted:

Disagree. If folk feel like that we should forgive and welcome them. It's not us vs. them, far too many of them are just us who haven't realised it.

We should absolutely welcome folks who've realised they made a mistake, but we shouldn't coddle them by telling them it's not their fault. It's time for them to work to make things right.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1063049731771850753

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Why not both

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Rarity posted:

Oh gently caress off with your one party state descending into full scale fascism. The Democrats will not save you.

I mean, yeah. They are about as weak as can possibly be and a big change in party leadership is needed. Democrats have the same issue where the leaders are mainly rich white people just like the Republicans.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Tesseraction posted:

"...how can we do that here."

(they did do that here by purging voter rolls and *then* asking the boundary commission to redraw)

The existence of a boundary commission is already a huge departure from the US “Whoever is in charge can do whatever “ system

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Strom Cuzewon posted:

It looks really familiar - is there a real painting it's based off?

Yes, this by Francis Bacon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study_after_Vel%E1zquez%27s_Portrait_of_Pope_Innocent_X

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

mfcrocker posted:

We should absolutely welcome folks who've realised they made a mistake, but we shouldn't coddle them by telling them it's not their fault. It's time for them to work to make things right.

Fair enough, but I thought the response in the interview was good - "Don't blame yourself, get angry."

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1063052697966993410?s=21

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Zalakwe posted:

Fair enough, but I thought the response in the interview was good - "Don't blame yourself, get angry."

I'm not sure whether to follow up with "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" or "Angry is good. Angry gets poo poo done"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Francis Bacon's screaming pope, aka Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X

Itself based on Velázquez's Portrait of Innocent X

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 15, 2018

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Thanks to all of you posting the good tweets and quotes, I’m at work actually doing poo poo for once in my life so I’m relying on you brave souls for my schadenfreude.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/wefail/status/1063023956830117888

if i could boil this down to a thread icon it would be amazing but its a little big

please make it the subforum bg image

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1063052697966993410?s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"Is this deal in the best interest of my children" yikes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Over in Holyrood Nicola Sturgeon is sayin the Tories are imploding.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1063053353280770048

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

No surprise, and you've got to figure he's got the pull to get in enough others to get to 48 (if they're not there already)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Also might be familiar as the avatar of forums poster Brown Moses, though I'm sure all of us are sophisticated art buffs here who recognise it as a painting first

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

WHOAAA OHHHHH THANGAM DEBONAIRE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KEEP GOING I'M SO CLOSE

E:

Tesseraction posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol SNP guy asked May if she's aware of any resignations and she angrily replied GO READ THE NEWS

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Bored with this now, someone needs to self-immolate or trying to summon Cthulu or something.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lmao parliament is so fun :)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Julio Cruz posted:

No surprise, and you've got to figure he's got the pull to get in enough others to get to 48 (if they're not there already)

Allegedly they've had 35 as of Chequers.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tesseraction posted:

shame she's a TERF/SWERF

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Bored with this now, someone needs to self-immolate or trying to summon Cthulu or something.

someone just asked when the next GE is lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Okay I don't want to laugh at a foreign name but CHAMBOUS BARALAMBOUS sounds like a comedy character.

Also haha that SNP question - "May I ask, when is the next general election?"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

shame she's a TERF/SWERF

yeah I don't like her I just can't get those bars out of my head

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Pretty sure America can turn itself around in a few years if young people start voting/Democrats start having spines. In a few years Great Britain is going to be so economically damaged there will be no easy recovery.

It is OK, sometimes a child has to care for their parent. I am sure we will take pity. :shobon:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Could not be more keen to see the US reign in its capitalism within a few years to stop the tech industry bestowing it with sentience so it can literally devour reality

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hooo boy Jim Shannon of the DUP "We will not be your sacrifice."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wanna bet JRM held off sending in his letter until he knew there were 47 in just so he could make the big dramatic gesture (and also because he's a loving weasel who didn't want to commit until he knew it would go through)

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Wanna bet JRM held off sending in his letter until he knew there were 47 in just so he could make the big dramatic gesture (and also because he's a loving weasel who didn't want to commit until he knew it would go through)

jrm is instrumental in orchestrating this, anything that happened would be flashy and conclusive

he is a man living in his father's shadow. this is a revenge story for him.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Woah Black Betty -

Tesseraction posted:

CHAMBOUS BARALAMBOUS

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Would May rather a GE to a leadership challenge?

tbh surely either ends with her out the door

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

an_mutt posted:

please make it the subforum bg image

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Rakosi posted:

I'd think a leadership challenge knowing that there are no appealing alternative candidates, but who knows, I didn't expect her to want the 2017 snap election so...

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Hope is not a lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rakosi posted:

There's no way the Tories would go into a new GE with her is there?