Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Another Leon Knight greatest hit: http://www.sickchirpse.com/major-twitter-beef-leon-knight-vs-danielle-lloyd-jamie-ohara/

E: upon further inspection, this isn’t a very good reflection of what happened.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deano
Sep 6, 2000

"Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has been charged by the Football Association with misconduct for alleged breaches of its betting rules."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46188110

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/12/daniel-sturridge-charged-fa-alleged-breach-football-associations/

It all seems to point to some betting going on regarding where he would move to on loan during the January 2018 window.

Hopefully he didn't do anything intentional and greedy and it was inadvertent. People live to disappoint, though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Busted

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

It's McBusted now days.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Kante just ruined any chance he had of going to Barca or Real

https://twitter.com/derWinterbach/status/1062680817732911104

Disgusting to show this little solidarity with other footballers.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Woodenlung posted:

This owns.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wonder what a normal salary means?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's just having his image rights paid into his regular bank account instead of an offshore account

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Woodenlung posted:

No place for this in the modern game.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Chelsea: Fifa allegedly recommends Blues handed two-year transfer ban after signing of minors - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46218627

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CyberPingu posted:

Chelsea: Fifa allegedly recommends Blues handed two-year transfer ban after signing of minors - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46218627

These usually seem to get shifted around so the team can prepare for them and also reduced, so they don’t usually end up having much impact. But this could be bad for Chelsea if Roman is looking to sell and they can’t get out in front of any ban.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't understand how Chelsea keep doing this despite getting caught all the time

Oh it's FIFA/UEFA's total inability (or unwillingness in exchange for money) to actually go through with real punishments

And I say this as a fan of a club that has got away with and will continue to get away with a lot of poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the chance of getting the next mbappe among the kids is so easily worth the slap on the wrist

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

blue footed boobie posted:

These usually seem to get shifted around so the team can prepare for them and also reduced, so they don’t usually end up having much impact. But this could be bad for Chelsea if Roman is looking to sell and they can’t get out in front of any ban.

Didn't they have a ban before or was that lifted?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Chelsea are a good club who play right to the edge of the line, as is required to be successful in modern football.

Sorry, not sorry.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They’re a garbage club and always have been op

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

the chance of getting the next mbappe among the kids is so easily worth the slap on the wrist

Even if Chelsea found the next Mbappe they’d send him on loan to Vitesse for 2 seasons before selling him for £8m to a middling La Liga side

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Even if Chelsea found the next Mbappe they’d send him on loan to Vitesse for 2 seasons before selling him for £8m to a middling La Liga side
dont think jose’s going back anytime soon but I could be wrong

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

jesus WEP posted:

They’re a garbage club and always have been op

You need look no further than to my avatar to see Brave English Lion John Terry nobly lifting his arms in triumph having bested all comers and been crowned Champions of Champions.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

dont think jose’s going back anytime soon but I could be wrong

Nobody comes from the Chelsea academy regardless of the manager though

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

they get shifted around because graham rix doesnt like damaged goods

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sam hutchinson is not nobody :colbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eddie heath does

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Eddie heath does

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/1063859867658653696
lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Any reports on what he's playing

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

David James syndrome?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is a pretty savage article about the head of the PFA and how he earns huge amounts of money while doing pretty much gently caress all

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/17/gordon-taylor-football-fattest-cat-pfa

quote:

Out of that, he hasn’t done too badly bearing in mind we live in an age when marvelling, queasily, at the sums he pays himself feels like an annual part of the football calendar. Last year, the PFA’s accounts revealed it was £2.29m. Previously, his earnings multiplied almost three fold, from £1.13m to £3.37m after bonuses. Which is nice work if you can get it: Taylor was not just raking in more than any other trade union boss on the planet, but upwards of Didier Deschamps and Joachim Löw, managers of the last two World Cup‑winning sides.

Does the thought occur that the financial distribution can look wildly disproportionate, callous even, when there are so many veterans of the sport hobbling around on arthritic joints or struggling in some cases, through the fog of irreparably damaged minds, to remember the days when they pulled on a football strip? Can Gordon look in the mirror and tell himself, hand on heart, that his priorities have not been badly distorted when most reasonable people might assume the principal purpose of the PFA is to care for the members who have addictions, mental health issues, serious financial difficulties and so on? Is he so brass-necked he can possibly find justification that an organisation with £50m in the bank has, according to Purkiss, spent only £100,000 on its studies into dementia? Or that it was 2002 when the PFA, together with the Football Association, announced a joint 10-year research programme but not until late 2017, unforgivably, that they decided it was time to go through with it properly?

The family of Jeff Astle, one of the men who suffered catastrophic brain trauma from repeatedly heading the ball, has already called for Taylor to resign. Astle was 59 when he died and maybe you caught the BBC Inside Out feature when Dawn, the daughter of the former England and West Bromwich Albion striker, walked out of a meeting at PFA headquarters with the man who should have been offering her, and the sport as a whole, more than watery excuses. Not that the evidence of Taylor’s jumbled priorities is restricted to just the one matter. It intrigues me, for example, that the PFA can fork out nearly £2m for an LS Lowry painting, plus £70,000 every year on a box at Manchester City and goodness knows how much more on a museum’s worth of other football memorabilia, but will donate only £125,000 annually to keep the chronically under-resourced Kick It Out ticking over.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Vegetable posted:

Fifa or Fortnite if I were to bet.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Fifa or Fortnite if I were to bet.

Imagine playing FIFA to the detriment of your career at loving Barcelona hahaha

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TheBigAristotle posted:

Imagine playing FIFA to the detriment of your career at loving Barcelona hahaha

imagine getting paid barcelona wages to play fifa

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
at first i read it as gambling addiction, which made sense, not loving video games

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
tbf i think it must be very difficult to be a muslim footballer becuae you cant do the usual laddish stuff like drinking or betting. you can only do stuff explicitly allowed in the koran like playing fifa career mode with 45 minute halves and trafficking vulnerable young women from across the maghreb

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Vegetable posted:

truant? haha

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

tbf i think it must be very difficult to be a muslim footballer becuae you cant do the usual laddish stuff like drinking or betting. you can only do stuff explicitly allowed in the koran like playing fifa career mode with 45 minute halves and trafficking vulnerable young women from across the maghreb

Lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

truant? haha

Some good Breath Ray posts lately

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
The Football Manager twitter account was retweeting plenty of players during the world cup playing their game, on planes between matches, in hotel rooms and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Breath Ray posted: