Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That’s like at least half a step beyond the usual tech bro free speech crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

"Well guys, we hired you to do something and you did it, but you got caught. Sucks to be you."

As always if you gently caress up the crown prince will disavow any knowledge of your actions

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
tired: being executed by a foreign government you committed an assassination against

wired: being executed by the same government that you committed an assassination for

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You are supposed to hire non state actors to kill people then feed them to a wood chipper when they try to collect the reward.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
they could have paid us like 500m to grab him, drop him off in Syria and then drop a hellfire on him

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Proud Christian Mom posted:

they could have paid us like 500m to grab him, drop him off in Syria and then drop a hellfire on him

why not just pay raytheon 500 mil and cut out the middle man

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Or just done the murder in New York like those two dissident sisters found duct taped to each other, which the investigators called "not suspicious"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Some insanely cool things happening in the UK right now.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/iarnsdorf/status/1063095895573573632

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

why not just pay raytheon 500 mil and cut out the middle man

I mean, he was due to get married fairly soon after the killing anyways. Play to your strengths.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Aaaand we will only have half a cabinet left, soon.

The PM has a press conference in 50 minutes, more than a remote chance she falls on her sword.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The PM has a press conference in 50 minutes, more than a remote chance she falls on her sword.

is your jaguar ok

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

When does Brexit occur at the moment? 1/1/19?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
29th of March, 2019

But I seriously doubt there will be any resolution either way by then. I think there has to be unanimous agreement at the EU Parliament to extend the process beyond that date, but I might be wrong.

is your jaguar ok

Yes, they are fine. Thank you for your consideration.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If I understand this May negotiated a deal in which everything would remain the same except Britain loses all its EU parliament members and gets no say in any of the rules they'll have to follow? Then half her ministers resigned and it looks like there'll be a no confidence vote which could lead to a snap election soon?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know how current it is but I remember reading that the EU is also going to ditch English on all their docs in favor of French as a result of Brexit too. Which if that's the case will be extra hilarious because they're still going to follow all the rules except it won't even be in their language.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The only better troll would be adding Irish as an official language of the regulations.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I think there is also a clause where, to leave the deal, we also have to seek the EU's approval, which seems nuts. It will never pass parliament in it's current form as it pleases absolutely no one in the UK, no matter which way you voted.

The DUP won't have it and neither will half her ministers.

It looks like a leadership challenge is brewing already, but she can lose her job without the government collapsing, but only if the DUP and all of the conservatives agree to toe the line.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 15, 2018

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

shut up bitch

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Vasudus posted:

I don't know how current it is but I remember reading that the EU is also going to ditch English on all their docs in favor of French as a result of Brexit too. Which if that's the case will be extra hilarious because they're still going to follow all the rules except it won't even be in their language.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. English will still be an official language in two EU states (Ireland, Malta), and it makes little sense to ditch English in any case.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I think it's about how all the disseminated documents are translated. If you're German then you submit documents in German and English, English documents are then distributed and translated by the bureaucracy of each member state in to their mother tongue.

Now French is going to replace English in that capacity.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think it's about how all the disseminated documents are translated. If you're German then you submit documents in German and English, English documents are then distributed and translated by the bureaucracy of each member state in to their mother tongue.

Now French is going to replace English in that capacity.

This is how diplomacy worked until after WWII right?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Is she going to step down or is there going to be a no confidence vote and new elections?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
As much as France would love it to be true, the language change story got its traction from an April Fool's story in 2016.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
If I were a gambling man, I'd say that she's going to try and fight it out, and then there will be a vote of no confidence soon.

The conservatives as a party will do everything they can to prevent another General Election.

I don't think it's an April fools joke to say that English will no longer be the lingua franca of the EU:

https://www.politico.eu/article/english-will-not-be-an-official-eu-language-after-brexit-senior-mep/

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 15, 2018

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Corbyn must be salivating, labour did a lot better than expected last election even if they did lose

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Not even sure he would want to form a government right now.

No one can deliver on Brexit and make it to the next General Election unscathed, Labour are no more united than the Conservatives.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I can't remember where I saw it, but it wasn't part of an April Fool's thing. It was from one of the many 'holy loving poo poo, BREXIT' articles that came out on the major (American) papers when Article 50 was announced. I don't know enough about EU shenanigans to comment beyond 'lol if it's true'.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Link that poo poo when it's up

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
So... the conference has been postponed because of the vote of no confidence issue.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-46200010

This is how things get chaotic.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
tbf 'can't talk now, getting fired' is a pretty good excuse

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
They will be going full on Brutus on her at the moment.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

This is how diplomacy worked until after WWII right?

There's a reason the term is "lingua Franca"

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Isn't Rees-Moog the British version of Cato the Younger? Hardcore Victorian revivalist if I recall- if he isn't about it, guarantee the Brexit camp falls apart this week

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
they painted themselves into one hell of a corner with Brexit and have spent the past however long doing nothing to get out of it lololol

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
This round of negotiations is hosed anyway. There is close to a zero chance that the current bill will make it through Parliament and when it doesn't, May doesn't really have any other option than quit, call a vote of no confidence herself, or let some fuckface like Gove try and renegotiate the deal, which won't happen because the EU isn't stupid.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

the EU isn't stupid.

Found the problem with Brexit.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

they painted themselves into one hell of a corner with Brexit and have spent the past however long doing nothing to get out of it lololol

Exactly this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r4kzuMOF-U&t=44s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a chance everyone will just say, "look this was a really stupid stupid idea and we never shoulda done the thing" and just not do the brexit thing.