Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

greasyhands posted:

UGAZ, holy poo poo

What the hell is going on with thati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Natgas is up like 20% and it's a 3x leveraged etf

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
Wait am I readings this right that the same guy on twitter who got smoked shorting the vix was short nat gas

https://twitter.com/vix_vixerson/status/1062692291167617025?s=21

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fougera posted:

Wait am I readings this right that the same guy on twitter who got smoked shorting the vix was short nat gas

https://twitter.com/vix_vixerson/status/1062692291167617025?s=21

I feel like that guy all the time.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Also I think California it's prepping a bill to nationalize PGE

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Goodpancakes posted:

Also I think California it's prepping a bill to nationalize PGE

Where did you hear this?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Maybe ignore me. Thought I saw something on this but a quick search isn't turning anything up

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Interactive Brokers just sent an email out to clients saying they were going to greatly increase margin requirements on PCG and gave their clients TEN MINUTES notice. Lots of people about to get hosed

quote:

Because of the California wildfires and market volatility, IBKR is increasing the margin requirements for the following investor-owned utility companies:

Affected Products
Initial / Maintenance Margin Increase to
PCG 38% (30% for Portfolio Margin Accounts)
EIX 38% (30% for Portfolio Margin Accounts)
SRE 30% (20% for Portfolio Margin Accounts)

You can expect to the margin increase to take place within the next 10 minutes.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Answers the thread title

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
So apparently GE is gearing up to sell its Baker Hughes stake sooner rather than later.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This new NYT piece is batshit insane. Sandberg should go to prison. Schumer should go to prison. None of these dirtbags should be allowed to run a lemonade stand ever again.

quote:

While Mr. Zuckerberg has conducted a public apology tour in the last year, Ms. Sandberg has overseen an aggressive lobbying campaign to combat Facebook’s critics, shift public anger toward rival companies and ward off damaging regulation. Facebook employed a Republican opposition-research firm to discredit activist protesters, in part by linking them to the liberal financier George Soros. It also tapped its business relationships, lobbying a Jewish civil rights group to cast some criticism of the company as anti-Semitic.

In July, as Facebook’s troubles threatened to cost the company billions of dollars in market value, Mr. Schumer confronted Mr. Warner, by then Facebook’s most insistent inquisitor in Congress.

Back off, he told Mr. Warner, according to a Facebook employee briefed on Mr. Schumer’s intervention. Mr. Warner should be looking for ways to work with Facebook, Mr. Schumer advised, not harm it. Facebook lobbyists were kept abreast of Mr. Schumer’s efforts to protect the company, according to the employee.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
They're all assholes, but why prison?

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

This new NYT piece is batshit insane. Sandberg should go to prison. Schumer should go to prison. None of these dirtbags should be allowed to run a lemonade stand ever again.

thank you for providing neither a link nor any context for those quoted passages. :thumbsup:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/technology/facebook-data-russia-election-racism.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well you can't just admit you are an extension of the KGB now can you? Hmm maybe you can. Guess we will see.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

New Silent Hill looking good.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Gonna give it till 10:30 or 11:00 for things to settle down but then probably in on DGAZ for a couple days.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
A frothy market.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
I need to plan a trip to the UK...

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

fougera posted:

I’m with you but I plan on pressing if this breaks support (which is around here). There’s another 20 percent down before even having to play the next earnings report. People are going to start sniffing around at Black Friday, and it’s going to be a dog pile.

Looks like it broke another daily support level. Can see it going down to 5.43 by EOD or tomorrow.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Gonna give it till 10:30 or 11:00 for things to settle down but then probably in on DGAZ for a couple days.

In for 1000 shares at 3.90 stop loss at 2.75

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Goodpancakes posted:

Maybe ignore me. Thought I saw something on this but a quick search isn't turning anything up

There was speculation by an analyst that there would be nationalization because PCG can only absorb so many judgments before going bankrupt. If they’re using their infrastructure as collateral, nationalization is what effectively will happen. PCG also isn’t doing themselves any favors by maxing out the credit cards in anticipation of a bond downgrade. That’s a desperation Hail Mary move, and I don’t think the stock price would’ve taken the hit that it did if they hadn’t done that. Basically their actions are tacitly admitting fault. I can’t imagine they would pull a Hail Mary / out of bullets, throw the gun move if they weren’t in dire straits.

Down another 25% today. I shorted yesterday towards the end of the day. Thanks for the tip.

As an aside, there’s going to be north of 100 fatalities here and the number missing is only going up.

Lote fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 15, 2018

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Options trading is deffo heart pounding, brought some $20 puts on PCG at yesterday's low, saw the dead cat bounce, and went :what: Held on to recover my losses and got out with a doubling of the initial stake. Woof, that was a bit scary.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Lote posted:

:) There’s going to be north of 100 fatalities here and the number missing is only going up.

:thunk:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

There were a bunch of older people that people don’t even know are missing / people haven’t reported as missing.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I assume it was in reference to the smiley face followed by the rising fatality count.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

spf3million posted:

I assume it was in reference to the smiley face followed by the rising fatality count.

Yeah, didn’t notice that when I was composing the post. I’m gonna delete that...

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Edward Jones just downgraded PCG to sell, lmao

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Shiz is cray, up 53%

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Some kind of news is leaked out on pcg, it’s walking straight up in AH

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Crazy whipsaw on $PCG after hours on Bank of America saying that bankruptcy fears overstated and costs are overblown. People are comparing it to the BP oil spill but this fire was worse and you can see the victims burned to death in the streets.

17.5 -> 22 -> 20

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Huh, I still don’t see that bac call. Can you link to it?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

greasyhands posted:

Huh, I still don’t see that bac call. Can you link to it?

Im just seeing it on twitter but I assumed it was true. Also rumors from an unnamed California official that they want to avoid bankruptcy. Others on Seeking Alpha say no news. /shrug

Got up to 25.50 AH. It’s basically all rumors and herd mentality. Why 25 instead of 22? Or 20?

Edit:
And it shrugs this off nbd.

https://twitter.com/edludlow/status/1063210650757881856

Lote fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 16, 2018

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
This is going to be nuts tomorrow, I'm short at 25.50 on an order that I honestly forgot about. It filled at 7:08pm. Crazy. There's not going to be any real visibility on this for days, at the very least. Great trading opportunity if you've got the nerve, too bad it revolves around people losing their homes and lives. I honestly cant believe the SEC is letting this run this late in the AH, its definitely being hosed with

Edit: shorting more a little over 26

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 16, 2018

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/743F5F60-E940-11E8-910F-7ED0E80D8459

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
Obviously worst case scenario it goes into conservatorship

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
*if* they turn out to be responsible and negligible (even contentiously negligible), I think conservatorship is likely. It's a long time broken system and it's ripe for change and this could be the catalyst. I don't expect it to trade at 26 tomorrow, and a further cut to junk is all but inevitable

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 16, 2018

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I mean longs got their monkeys paw wish with “not going into bankruptcy”

https://twitter.com/russellkbrett/status/1063281379331502081

Ps missing people now at 600+ This may rival the Peshtigo fire from the 19th century.

Upon further reflection, there is no way the people of California agree to limiting liability to PG&E if there are 500+ dead for a problem that PG&E has known about. California is going to limit the losses towards the stockholders? Nope.

Lote fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 16, 2018

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

quote:

Nvidia CEO says cryptocurrency "mining" will likely add "no contributions" to the company's bottom line going forward. "The crypto hangover lasted longer than we expected," Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang says.

20% swings on $150B market cap stocks :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong
HBAN up ~11% from October selloff now, hoping they're gonna a big beneficiary of Wells Fargo's exit from the midwest. Nice happy lil dividend too for a regional bank.