Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

This is what I'm running for Blue-Eyes right now. The Spellbook engine deckthins while providing defensive options so you run less of a chance of being Eternally Bricked, which is the biggest problem I've had with BEWD variants. I'm debating whether or not to add TTH instead of Power, but Power can help OTK so it's a toss-up.

While I'm at it, here's a cute fun synchro spam deck utilizing Labyrinth Builder. It's not super competitive but it's a good time if you like consistently having a huge Power Tool Dragon on turn 1. It'll be better when there are more/better generic lv7 & 8 synchros available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Still wanna make the Grandpa's Cards deck of my dreams.

Edit: Expensive and dumb but hilarious idea for a Cosmo Blue Eyes OTK deck:

Skill: Trick Up The Sleeve
1x Cosmo Brain
3x BEWD
3x Dragon Spirit of White
2x Bingo Machine, Go!
3x White Stone of Legend
2x Cards of Consonance
2x Silver's Cry
1x Enemy Controller
1x Hey, Trunade!
1x Burst Stream of Destruction
1x Champion's Vigilance

Extra:
1x Stardust Dragon
3x Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon
1x Giganticastle

The goal is to Galaxy Eyes, BEWD, Burst Stream, then Synchro BEWD out for something that can attack. (Or sac it for Enemy Controller, or just leave it on board and Cry out a Dragon Spirit, or what-have-you.) Only thing that makes it expensive compared to my current build is the weird consistency play, using 3x Stone and 2x CoC over things like Birthright or a third Bingo Machine.

Sideboard (whenever that becomes relevant? I know DLM does sideboard formats.)
1x DNA Surgery
2x Debunk
2x Success Probability 0%

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 16, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

New event is up. Any of the cards worth caring about the 5Ds campaign for?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

From the Jack Atlas event you mean? Flare Resonator isn't awful since we don't have much else in terms of tuners, but without Resonator Call it's not really better to use than the searchable normal tuners for generic synchro business. Obviously Multiple Piece Golem and its ilk are absolutely worthless garbage.

If you mean, like, level-up rewards, Trudge's Montage Dragon is neat for quick & painless farm decks using Draw Sense: EARTH and a whole bunch of lv8+ main deck monsters. Yusei's Unknown Synchron is one of the best tuners we have right now for just teching into any other deck to add a weak synchro toolbox. I think those are about it.

E: Looking in to it more, Mystic Macrocarpa Seed (3x from Akiza) and Torapart (x3 from Trudge) are pretty decent tuners in the right decks, in theory. Good to goof around with in deck building.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 27, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Firewall is kill

https://twitter.com/YuGiOhTCGEU/status/1068550839629803525

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's always so weird seeing cards from a decade ago suddenly become relevant because of new archetypes/mechanics.

Just as weird is seeing a main character's ace monster not just be good, but so good that it got banned.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Just curious, why is Confiscate banned? Is it because targeted discard is good in a combo-focused game?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Roluth posted:

Just curious, why is Confiscate banned? Is it because targeted discard is good in a combo-focused game?

Comparatively to other card games, hand knowledge is very powerful, which is why confiscate/forceful sentry/delinquent duo/Trap Dustshoot are all banned (and Mind Crush was limited for the longest time)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also Firewall banned! That legitimately brightened up my day . :aaaaa:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Roluth posted:

Yes, but not just because of that. Let's put it this way. Trap Dustshoot, which is a trap, has prerequisites, limits what you can get rid of, and decks it instead of discarding it, is banned. Hand information is incredibly powerful in Yu-Gi-Oh, and targeted hand destruction even moreso. Not only can it break apart combo pieces and severely limit opponents' options, it also completely obsoletes hand traps, which are kind of crucial in the role of keeping the game from turning into OTK rocket tag.

Julias posted:

Comparatively to other card games, hand knowledge is very powerful, which is why confiscate/forceful sentry/delinquent duo/Trap Dustshoot are all banned (and Mind Crush was limited for the longest time)
e:f;b

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think it's necessarily that discard is better, it's more about opportunity cost. In Magic if you Thoughtseize someone you're spending mana that you could otherwise spend to affect the board. In Yugioh with Confiscation you just trade one of your cards with the best card in their hand, and it doesn't stop you from making plays otherwise. It's similar to the reason Pot of Greed is too good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Working on a dumb Ancient Gear build in DL while I wait for the new structure deck to drop.

Crowler - Middle Age Mechs
2x Ancient Gear Beast
2x Ancient Gear Golem
3x Ancient Gear Knight
3x Sergeant Electro
3x Twin-Barrel Dragon
----
1x Ancient Gear Castle
1x Enemy Controller
2x Soul Exchange
1x Soul Release
1x Pulse Mines
1x Sakuretsu Armor

Soul Release is a Meta call, and I'm kinda tempted to drop the Sakuretsu for a Ruin or a Treacherous. Maybe squeeze a Monarchs Awaken or a Forbidden Chalice in there, too?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I really liked the fusion builds of Ancient Gears, except for that it used so many resources and lost instantly to Enemy Controller. Still, maybe the structure deck will make it more consistent.

I prefer Widespread Ruin to Sakuretsu Armor just because it's non-targetting & Hero players can't Mask Change to dodge it. Treacherous steals games so it's worth running a one-of, too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What should I run Treacherous over, ECon or Pulse Mines? I'd imagine Pulse because traps, but I'm open to discussion.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Well, the no-traps-in-grave restriction isn't really that bad considering how unlikely you are to draw into multiples of your traps in your average duel, so you'd be fine running 1x TTH & 1x Pulse Mines and rarely have a situation come up where you topdeck TTH with a trap in your graveyard. But if it's something you're scared of, then yeah, go for E-con.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I do like Pulse because it stops Heroes better than ECon. Also means I maybe don't have to get the Widespread, because I actually still need the Soul Exchanges and Sgt. Electro. (I'm running Mausoleum of the Emperor and Assault Dog as filler.)

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Oh is the next structure deck in duel links meant to be ancient gears? I hadn't seen anything about that but it would be real neat if they made a comeback!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Divine Orator posted:

Oh is the next structure deck in duel links meant to be ancient gears? I hadn't seen anything about that but it would be real neat if they made a comeback!
Yeah, leaks from data mining confirmed it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo, Monster World gives a lot of gems.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just unlocked Tristan in Duel Links.

One of his Skills is called "Super Strength!" :allears:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This event made Tristan look cooler than I expected.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

tristan could beat up anyone in yugioh presuming magic card games weren't involved. here's my math

- seto kaiba is 8-feet tall but he's also a foppish fancyboy and tristan could take him by being a scrappy teen who wouldn't fight fair
- joey has a been sent to the shadow realm and just kinda escaped on his own like twice now. tristan could also definitely do that, no questions asked, because he's basically just a stronger version of joey
- everyone else is a fuckin' nerd. even odion. especially odion

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I wanna make a new Duel Links troll deck that's like Titans/Red Ogre OTK, except use Ancient Gear Golem because of the excellent support it has.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

WHAT

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sticks my leg out really far.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

What game is that screencap from?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

drrockso20 posted:

What game is that screencap from?

Duel Links, it's from an event that's going on at the moment where you move around a game board to fight stuff and find loot. Some of the battles are normal duels with cards, and some are just you and the monster rolling 10-sided dice at each other to do damage. That screencap is from one of those battles.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Duel Links, it's from an event that's going on at the moment where you move around a game board to fight stuff and find loot. Some of the battles are normal duels with cards, and some are just you and the monster rolling 10-sided dice at each other to do damage. That screencap is from one of those battles.

Can you dimension any dice? If not, I’m out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No, but you can unlock Tristan Taylor.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

WHY THE SPIDER GOT THOSE THICC THIGHS THO

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Giant Rex is coming. Hope y'all like fighting Rex Raptor!

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I've heard talk of using D.D Sprite from PVP rewards to quickly trigger the effect or go for easy lv5 Synchro plays. Could be a fun deck.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haven't played in like over 10 years but I caught the bug again real bad. Started up Duel Links and I ordered the Yugi, Kaiba, and Lair of Darkness structure decks in physical form. Is there an easy way to get up to speed again with all the new fusions and stuff? Does anyone here play Duel Links?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Duel Links owns, I love it

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Taintrunner posted:

Haven't played in like over 10 years but I caught the bug again real bad. Started up Duel Links and I ordered the Yugi, Kaiba, and Lair of Darkness structure decks in physical form. Is there an easy way to get up to speed again with all the new fusions and stuff? Does anyone here play Duel Links?

If you have a Target near you take a look at where they keep the cards, sometimes they'll have older structure decks available for cheap

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

Duel Links owns, I love it
Duel Links is way closer to Yu-Gi-Oh as you remember it than the paper game. Also way less expensive!

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015
Duel links is absurdly expensive compared to the TCG once you run out of free gems. Getting the best deck in the TCG right now including almost all of the generic staples is like $450(and that's going to plunge a good hundred in a few months once a new set with reprints comes out), while you have to spend like $200-300 just for a playset of a staple card from an otherwise lovely set in duel links. It is/was great and pretty much entirely free(I never spent a dime on it, and then got to sell my account for $300 since I had gotten a worlds invite from the KC cup) up until you run out of gems, though!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lmao I lost my phone earlier in the year and downloaded duel links onto my replacement. Turns out I wasn't registered with konami and the account is gone. Least I was able to wipe my google account remotely; not gonna spend another dime but I'll waste some time all the same.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Marcus Garvey posted:

Duel links is absurdly expensive compared to the TCG once you run out of free gems.
Yeah, but you can get a solid rogue deck in like a month if you play along with the events and focus on stage missions and fighting one or two specific legendary duelists. And half of that expected price on DL Meta is expensive 'staple' cards that you can replace with other free cards pretty easily. Enemy Controller, the best quick play spell in the game, can be gotten by just fighting Kaiba a bunch of times. Yeah, you probably won't hit KoG without dropping a few bucks here and there, but calling it more expensive than paper Yu-Gi-Oh is pretty disingenuous. Aliens doesn't use a single card above Rare aside from staples that you'll see in every deck, and you can get basically an entire Magnets deck just from Yugi drops/ level up rewards and the Card Trader.

Edit: Okay, yeah, Gaia's an UR, but that box also has Dark World, Lightsworn, and Gem Knights, so it's far from the worst place to sink a bunch of gems.

Edit2: Obligatory DLM Gem Guide link. Just pick a deck and stick to it.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay I put 25 bucks into Duel Links and now I have Kaiba with his first skill - Mountain - and an all dragon deck that I think is pretty good at steamrolling? I’ll post a screen cap later.

Also what’s so good about Enemy Controller?