Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The deals for BF are not nearly as good as the years prior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Idk what prior years were but 50% off 400 different games seems pretty cool to me.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Well tbf it’s not quite Black Friday yet

I think the xbone s is also already priced with low margins so sinking it lower than last year may be impossible
Edit: sorry thought u were talking about the console price

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Just seemed like last year there were l

American McGay posted:

Idk what prior years were but 50% off 400 different games seems pretty cool to me.

Maybe I just bought everything that interests me, but last year seemed to have way more games that I ended up grabbing.

I guess this year I’ll get the MGS HD Collection. Not interested in Assassin’s Creed, Metro would be neat but I doubt I’ll ever get around to playing them. Maybe I’ll get the newest Tomb Raider.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
gently caress yes, Turok is on sale! Sucks that the second game isn't, but I enjoyed the first game more anyways.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got Blops IIII in the sale. Blackout is the first BR mode where I understand why people enjoy it. An actually polished game with good shooting mechanics. Knowing jack poo poo about cod guns makes picking up the right thing difficult though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Got Blops IIII in the sale. Blackout is the first BR mode where I understand why people enjoy it. An actually polished game with good shooting mechanics. Knowing jack poo poo about cod guns makes picking up the right thing difficult though.

Don't stress too much. They're all pretty much identifiable just by looking at them. That said, hitting start and hovering over the gun in your inventory will give you a description.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
For some reason assault rifles are absolute poo poo in this game so avoid those

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Over There posted:

For some reason assault rifles are absolute poo poo in this game so avoid those

What?!?! Assault rifles are always my go-to. That sucks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

I hardly use anything other than AR's in Blackout. You just need to put a barrel and a decent sight on them.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

BisterdDave posted:

With the assault riffle it took like 5-8 shots to kill someone, with a sub machine gun it was like 2-3.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1063173580358246400?s=21

Xbox Stays WINNING

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Hey I'll play blackout with you anytime. My gt is Ineffiablefx

We should get goon groups going for quads.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

American McGay posted:

Xbox Stays WINNING

quote:

currently riding high on record sales of it's Playstation 4

:laugh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If phils gonna just have every trailer at ms' show and sony already revealed everything left for ps4 theres no need for dumbass shawn layden to embarrass himself again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Where the hell am i going to get my unwanted japanese flute solos now, Sony?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Dang, I knew the FFXIII trilogy was hitting BC but I totally missed on the fact they're all X enhanced.

Microsoft actually going and getting better quality cutscenes for FF XIII from Squeenix I wasn't expecting either.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

U R Not RED E

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Huh, in case anyone didn't notice they just added an Xbox rewards app and it gameifies a lot of poo poo about Microsoft rewards. If nothing else it seems like it might prove to be an opportunity to perpetually earn free months of game pass. I just had enough points for a free month by buying RDR2 digitally for one, and there's a monthly goal that involves playing game pass games that will earn you 5000 points for a trivial amount of effort, which is close to another free month of game pass via rewards. I got 500 points from playing RDR2 also.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1063205278831669248

Microsoft throwing mad shade.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They will announce halo for phones and roll out 2 supercars during forza [exclusive world vehicle reveal]

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It would be neat if they elaborated on what the half dozen or so studios they bought are working on.

Probably too early for that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Never too early to announce you got shuttered

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They'll make mid budget games that launch on gamepass its not a mystery

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Make a new MechAssault you cowards!

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 16, 2018

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I will also accept another Chromehounds.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/VG247/status/1063393768534130688

:toot:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The character creator was fun at least

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can I give everyone big bazongas like in Soul Calibur?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Even the men

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finally, a way to feel very progressive while also looking at huge honkin' tiddays at the same time.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Alright ya'll, I rented BLOPS4 for the weekend. Anyone planning on playing, I wouldn't mind teaming up with some goons. GT bisterdave, EST

By the way, the disc has a 188MB install while the network is 52GB? Are we really at the point where the disc is only for authentication and has no real data on it? As much as I love collecting physical games, this is pointless. Just do away with physical media if that's how it's going to go.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

BisterdDave posted:

Alright ya'll, I rented BLOPS4 for the weekend. Anyone planning on playing, I wouldn't mind teaming up with some goons. GT bisterdave, EST

By the way, the disc has a 188MB install while the network is 52GB? Are we really at the point where the disc is only for authentication and has no real data on it? As much as I love collecting physical games, this is pointless. Just do away with physical media if that's how it's going to go.

Added you. I also rented blops for the weekend. After playing BFV this looks like a 360 game lol. Battle royale is the dumbest poo poo ever I have no idea who likes waiting this long to "respawn" but maybe I'll enjoy the multiplayer with a group. The install is ridiculous I think it's redownloading the entire game or something.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

BrownieVK posted:

Added you. I also rented blops for the weekend. After playing BFV this looks like a 360 game lol. Battle royale is the dumbest poo poo ever I have no idea who likes waiting this long to "respawn" but maybe I'll enjoy the multiplayer with a group. The install is ridiculous I think it's redownloading the entire game or something.

You don't have to wait until the round is over to "respawn."

Just quit to lobby and join another round in like 30 seconds, tops.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

For always-online games they mostly "yard sale" the entire install and only use the disc for authentication at this stage, yes. This is definitely also the case with Fallout 76, For Honor, Overwatch, and a bunch of other games now. Also some launch window Xbox One games also do this to redo how the data is laid out, like if you have an early Killer Instinct disc it also does this. So does Halo: MCC now.

At least you can transfer the license when it's on a disc.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

BrownieVK posted:

sounds more like user error

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

univbee posted:

For always-online games they mostly "yard sale" the entire install and only use the disc for authentication at this stage, yes. This is definitely also the case with Fallout 76, For Honor, Overwatch, and a bunch of other games now. Also some launch window Xbox One games also do this to redo how the data is laid out, like if you have an early Killer Instinct disc it also does this. So does Halo: MCC now.

At least you can transfer the license when it's on a disc.

Yeah you're right, makes sense for always-online games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Just do away with physical media if that's how it's going to go.

Good news, Microsoft does what Nintendont but Sony did with the PSP Go.

quote:

In the wake of the news that Sony will not be attending E3 next year, Microsoft’s hardware plans for 2019 will likely be a huge win for the brand and for gamers. The company is planning to release an updated console next year, but this device will not be in the Scarlett family, according to people familiar with the company’s plans.

The Scarlett devices are Microsoft’s next-gen consoles and are not expected until 2020 but in 2019, the company is planning to release a disc-less console. And if this is making you nervous because you have a large collection of physical discs for your current Xbox, Microsoft has you covered.

In addition to the new console, there will be a ‘disc-to-digital’ program that, as the name states, turns your physical games into digital downloads. The idea is that you can take your disc to a participating retailer (like the Microsoft store) and trade in your disc for a digital download.

The goal with the new console is to lower the price point for the hardware. Currently, it costs about $299 to buy into the Xbox One family of devices, Microsoft is looking to lower that price by possibly as much as $100; the new console price point is expected to be $200 or less.

If you like this kind of information, this content was uncovered while writing my upcoming book about Surface called Beneath a Surface (pre-order), which contains this information, along with the story of how Microsoft built its billion-dollar hardware brand.

In addition, the company also has a revised Xbox One S SKU that is targeted for later in the year that focuses solely on cost reduction but does feature a disc-drive for those who still prefer the traditional way to buy your games. Microsoft is moving forward very carefully with this product as it knows that a sizeable portion of its users do prefer to buy physical games and not download them.

As for Scarlett, Microsoft is still trying to decide if that console will include a disc drive but should be making the final decision here shortly.

Under Phil Spencer, Microsoft is investing heavily in its Xbox brand and announced the acquisition of a couple of new gaming studios over the weekend. When you pair this new hardware with the upcoming streaming service the company is developing, the road ahead for Xbox fans is incredibly bright.

With this new Xbox One S ‘slim’, and I don’t know what it’s retail name will be yet, the company is working on finding new ways to lower the cost of entry into the Xbox family without sacrificing the core gaming experience. Don’t be surprised if the company trims up other aspects of the console to help save a few pennies, although I don’t expect storage to be on the chopping block at this time.

As for when the console will become available? I had initially heard in the spring of 2019 was the target as this device is well on its path to production. As for when Microsoft will greenlight the product for retail distribution, that’s still to be determined and even though they could still cancel the device at this time, I do expect it to become available sometime next year.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lol you were sitting and watching the whole game everytime you died?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmfao turn in your physical disc for a digital license we're gonna turn off one day ok will do thanks