Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Your Computer posted:

someone please do the math, they're releasing what... 3 games per month for the NES? How long until they've released the entire NES and SNES libraries and we get to the N64? :dance:

I wish they’d just skip the rest of the NES library, poo poo sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Haven't been able to keep up with the thread, but is Diablo 3 on Switch a good game for someone that primarily plays it solo?
Do I still need to log into a Blizzard account with a authenticator? or is that no longer required?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Kragger99 posted:

Haven't been able to keep up with the thread, but is Diablo 3 on Switch a good game for someone that primarily plays it solo?
Do I still need to log into a Blizzard account with a authenticator? or is that no longer required?

Diablo 3 is super good on Switch. Playing all solo would probably get a little boring, but is totally doable, though the drop-in nature of the multiplayer and complete absence of chat function is probably more a blessing than a curse for playing with other random people.

No blizzard accounts, it's all switch-side. No cross play between PC and switch, it's a whole new account essentially.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

You just log in with your switch profile, you can totally play it solo if you don't have the Nintendo online stuff.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rolo posted:

I wish they’d just skip the rest of the NES library, poo poo sucks.

Although I'd have no problem with this, I'd really like the ability to play Bible Buffet on my Switch.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Etrips posted:

Any game recommendations that is slow paced? Recovering from bilateral carpal tunnel surgery so my finger dexterity is in the toilet.

Grim Fandango is very good, and also supports touchscreen controls if prodding the screen is more comfortable than holding a controller for you. I gained a quick appreciation for iPad games when I broke my arm last year.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I played Zero Mission once like twelve years ago and I still reminisce from time to time about how goddamn good it was

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

onesixtwo posted:

This is incredible, and I would like to read this thread.

The person who posted the rom online got doxxed and posted a crytyping apology, the person who actually did the hacking responded by releasing a free patch you can use to make any rom brick switches

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

jackhunter64 posted:

Grim Fandango is very good, and also supports touchscreen controls if prodding the screen is more comfortable than holding a controller for you. I gained a quick appreciation for iPad games when I broke my arm last year.

Playing Grim Fandango is always a good suggestion, in any context.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Weedle posted:

I played Zero Mission once like twelve years ago and I still reminisce from time to time about how goddamn good it was

Was that the GBA one? I remember my micro coming with 2 Metroid games that owned hard. Also some equally kick rear end Castlevania games.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trump Card posted:

If you really want to watch an LP of Other M, Maple Leaf and Olive Branch did one a few years ago here

Thanks.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rolo posted:

Was that the GBA one? I remember my micro coming with 2 Metroid games that owned hard. Also some equally kick rear end Castlevania games.

Yeah, Zero Mission is one of the GBA Metroid games. The other is Metroid Fusion. Both of them are amazing, I played them both for the first time a couple years ago.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I remember a story about a video game company that released ROMs of their own game on a pirate site, but it was modified so it was impossible to win. Nintendo should do something like that. Release ROMs that work just fine, so people will download it and post "It's legit!" But then after a couple hours they brick your Switch

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know if Super Dragon Ball Heroes is planning to come with physical cards?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

My favourite kind of anit-piracy is when they do something subtle that makes the game impossible to beat, like your gun's accuracy gets lower and lower, or your jump slowly gets reduced

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

.TakaM posted:

What you call jank is actually deep gameplay mechanics, the controls and gameplay are the main reasons Super Metroid is one of the absolute best speedrun games.

Good speedrun game it may be, fam, but it's still jank. It has like 6 different functions mapped to the same button, one of which (missile) is something you use all the drat time. It's beyond obnoxious. The diagonal aiming was also obnoxious.

All in all, I'm glad I played it, but I'm also glad I played it before either of the GBA games because both of those games are just straight up better than Super Metroid.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

I remember a story about a video game company that released ROMs of their own game on a pirate site, but it was modified so it was impossible to win. Nintendo should do something like that. Release ROMs that work just fine, so people will download it and post "It's legit!" But then after a couple hours they brick your Switch

So basically what they did back in the day with anti-piracy features? :v:

I think my favorite is Earthbound, which ramps up the enemy encounters by a ton but is still playable... until you get to the last boss and it crashes and deletes your save.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Phantasy Star was the one with the hackers who could do crazy poo poo like delete your inventory right?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What is the most eclectic/interesting lineup to take through Pokemon Let's Go?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Can't wait to Nuzlocke Let's Go Eevee, where the dead will pave my way to victory!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

bowmore posted:

Does anyone know if Super Dragon Ball Heroes is planning to come with physical cards?

Did the 3DS Dragon Ball Heroes games use physical cards?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Weedle posted:

I played through it the first time like only a year or two ago and same. It holds up and is absolutely a must play.

I’d rank it as equal to Super Metroid even though I feel like it doesn’t get as much recognition as that.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

bowmore posted:

Make sure you get Mr. Mime.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Did the 3DS Dragon Ball Heroes games use physical cards?
Not that i'm aware of

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BlazetheInferno posted:

Yeah I was thinking he might be my psychic type haha

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Good speedrun game it may be, fam, but it's still jank. It has like 6 different functions mapped to the same button, one of which (missile) is something you use all the drat time. It's beyond obnoxious. The diagonal aiming was also obnoxious.

All in all, I'm glad I played it, but I'm also glad I played it before either of the GBA games because both of those games are just straight up better than Super Metroid.
I'll admit the weapon selecting is cumbersome in SM, but I'm talking more about the general gameplay of how Samus controls.
I love the controls of Super Metroid and I think it's the best of the 2D games because it provides more finesse and gameplay options.
I prefer controls that require some level of skill to master and offer a higher skill ceiling, the GBA games are awesome but the controls are so simple there's barely any depth to the gameplay.

Not really sure what's so obnoxious about aiming diagonally in SM either, the fact it has separate buttons for diagonally up and down?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Hammer Bro. posted:

Ouch. I'm trying to avoid needing that so one thing I discovered is that some games can be played by using your index and middle finger like you were making rock-paper's scissors instead of using your thumb.

And check out Labyrinth of Refrain. Turn based and by the Disgaea people. I got a good number of hours outta that with one hand manipulating the face buttons on a pro controller while the other had an ice pack.

I feel like there was some other game that was good for one or one and a half hands, but I haven't Nintendoed much lately.

Yea I just had the left hand done on Monday and it is still pretty numb / I can barely place any amount of gripping pressure without reeling in pain. So I have to take things slowly with that one. My right hand was done a month ago but the thumb is immobilized for eight weeks. But up until this last surgery I was able to play MapleStory 2 using the claw method on a controller.

Macaluso posted:

Darkest Dungeon? If you haven't played that?

Was making an initial reply on my computer when my power went out. But DD was definitely on my radar at one point. I see there are a number of DLCs available, are any of them must haves?

For other people, any opinions on Undertale and Wandersong?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Etrips posted:

Yea I just had the left hand done on Monday and it is still pretty numb / I can barely place any amount of gripping pressure without reeling in pain. So I have to take things slowly with that one. My right hand was done a month ago but the thumb is immobilized for eight weeks. But up until this last surgery I was able to play MapleStory 2 using the claw method on a controller.

Was making an initial reply on my computer when my power went out. But DD was definitely on my radar at one point. I see there are a number of DLCs available, are any of them must haves?

For other people, any opinions on Undertale and Wandersong?

I can't speak on the DLCs as I haven't done the content from them. It's harder than the base game though from what I understand.

Undertale is amazing although the fights all involve bullet hell style dodging and some fights can be more intense than others.

Also play: NIGHT IN THE WOODS, GAME OF THE YEAR 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BlazetheInferno posted:

Why does Mr Mime have dodge balls on his shoulders

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Despite being an RPG, Undertale probably won't be friendly if you need slow pace. The battle system involves a lot of quick movement and reflexes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bowmore posted:

weird guys like Magmar, Electabuzz, Scyther for sure

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

BlazetheInferno posted:

Mr. Mime legit carried my team in Pokémon X. He's also my favourite Pokémon and I was thrilled to see him in the trailer.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Frankston posted:

He's also my favourite Pokémon

As someone whose second favorite Pokemon is the pair of keys: what the gently caress

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Anti-piracy features that screw with the player are cool and funny right up until it has even one false positive for somebody. Or in the case of stuff like FADE a lot of people didn't even realize that it was a copy protection thing and just thought the game was poo poo instead, which probably isn't what you want if you're implementing copy protection in an effort to increase sales in the first place.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Anybody know if Let’s Go will unlock tonight?

DirkDonkeyroot
Feb 25, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

That first criticism sounds bad but why would it have a home button?

Imagine if you will, you're sitting on your couch with your new pokeball in hand ready to catch some Pokemon and your wife starts going on and on about needing something from the store. So you pause the game and save it, then realize there's no way you can minimize the program to close it then put the switch into sleep mode. So you grab your trusty pro controller and find that it won't even turn on since it's not an approved controller for let's go. Then you go hunting for the joycons, that you haven't used since you got the thing because you were blessed with bear like paws when you were born, find them and do the shutdown properly.

This was me Tuesday.

But really, a firmware update to fix the latency would help a ton the inability to home is a secondary concern.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DirkDonkeyroot posted:

Imagine if you will, you're sitting on your couch with your new pokeball in hand ready to catch some Pokemon and your wife starts going on and on about needing something from the store. So you pause the game and save it, then realize there's no way you can minimize the program to close it then put the switch into sleep mode. So you grab your trusty pro controller and find that it won't even turn on since it's not an approved controller for let's go. Then you go hunting for the joycons, that you haven't used since you got the thing because you were blessed with bear like paws when you were born, find them and do the shutdown properly.

This was me Tuesday.

But really, a firmware update to fix the latency would help a ton the inability to home is a secondary concern.

you don't have to go back to the home screen before you put the Switch to sleep

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Beastie posted:

Anybody know if Let’s Go will unlock tonight?
if you setup an account for the Australian/NZ eshop (and I think Europe too?) you can download it right now

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

bowmore posted:

Six oddishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

im new to switch but cant you just push the button on top to put it to sleep?