Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Firion loving finally has holy attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

Firion loving finally has holy attacks

I'm curious to see where this puts him on the holy dps charts for that guy who does the exhaustive dps list for like every character. Looks like he's currently sitting at about 3.4k dps with LM2 and Omega Drive. His USB1 should receive a significant jump since its basically TG Cid's OSB + enholy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nZijZ0yoMC448dV3o8I3XIZ2H8h3TeBZ64Nxyzu67Bw/edit#gid=1210904852

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yay all my characters are 3* dived.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
8 dupes on that lucky draw, think I'll pass

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lightning as a holy knight is weird. I mean it makes sense, but it's also just weird.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm sorta surprised they didn't at least do Holy/Lightning on the fast cast triggers and follow-up. At least her LM2 is flexible skill and element-wise since it's just Haste/IC3, and there's a chance (like Terra and Krile) they'll patch her LM1 boost in Lightning damage to be a more general physical boost instead.

Firion finally getting holy abilities to use is amazing; Terra stepping into Wind is ??? sure?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

pichupal posted:

Firion finally getting holy abilities to use is amazing; Terra stepping into Wind is ??? sure?

It fits canon well enough; without Esper help Terra got Firaga, Meltdown and Ultima, while Celes got Blizzaga, Flare and Meteor. Since Meltdown is Fire/Earth/Wind in this game, it makes more sense than the water leanings with her uniques/BSB1.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

pichupal posted:

I'm sorta surprised they didn't at least do Holy/Lightning on the fast cast triggers and follow-up. At least her LM2 is flexible skill and element-wise since it's just Haste/IC3, and there's a chance (like Terra and Krile) they'll patch her LM1 boost in Lightning damage to be a more general physical boost instead.

To my knowledge no LMs have been patched, just the damage spheres on the dives. The solution to obsolete LMs is to release new LMRs because :10bux:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Hey Firion finally got Holy attacks to use, good for him because its been overdue for years.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ashe AOSB and Terra fire w-cast LMR for the magic lucky :woop:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dupe Terra Burst and dupe Shantotto Burst. :(

Unless I come out if the Healer Lucky with some miraculous pull with Aerith/Relm USB and the dualcast LMRs this minifest has been a huge disappointment.

eelmonger posted:

To my knowledge no LMs have been patched, just the damage spheres on the dives. The solution to obsolete LMs is to release new LMRs because :10bux:

Whoops, got that backwards. I remember the LD being patched but mixed it up with the LM1.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
1/11 Dupe Ashe Glint. I'd feel worse about this, but then I'm reminded how powerful my Ashe is.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

2/11, Terra GSB and Krile LMR. My only concern is in how much mythril we're getting because this and the Realm Draws have drained what I tried to hold onto after the last fest.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah. The ROP for the next fest should start in about two weeks :suicide:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Thankfully this fest is pretty skippable, there's nothing really amazing IMO. Banner 3 is Onion Boy good stuff tho so I'll probably do a pull or 2 there assuming I have anything left after the ROP + luckies.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I seem to remember people being hype about banner 1 on the fest, I guess if you really want a holy chain it's got two of them? Overall I agree, it's a pretty weak fest.

Speaking of weak - did the magic lucky, 1/11 Terra LMR dupe. Of course I get the only dupe LMR on the banner I was excited for because of its good LMRs.

I think I'm going to try to get a pull in on the upcoming XIV event banner 1, it's almost entirely new stuff and most of it is pretty good so it's maybe worth a stab. I'll see how my mythril's holding out/if I can manage to get myslef to plunder some of the old crap I've been too lazy to do (story dungeons, record dungeons, torments...) for mythril. Outside of that I'm looking at maybe one pull on banner 3, a pull or so on the Wind God Gau banner, and nothing much else till brokenfest.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Indecisive posted:

Thankfully this fest is pretty skippable, there's nothing really amazing IMO. Banner 3 is Onion Boy good stuff tho so I'll probably do a pull or 2 there assuming I have anything left after the ROP + luckies.

Also this is when they're changing the banner format so there's a small chance you could get some outdated piece of garbage, like Ramza's BSB1, as your G5.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
draws gave me

Rinoa USB
Ashe Glint, twice, dupes
Shantotto BSSB , Also a dupe

Ice is starting to become bloated for me as Holy is, Cept Holy is all physical. Ice is split though, with a chain leaning towards magic.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah. The ROP for the next fest should start in about two weeks :suicide:
At least it's "merely" 85 mythril, which sounds like a bundle but these days is less so given how much we usually get in a month. I think one of the obsessive chroniclers on reddit worked out that the usual supply ends up being around 200 per month between the usual 100+ from events/dungeon updates/2.3 per day and all the wacko rewards from this or that special circumstance.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Fest itself will also give some gift mythril again I bet.

Fister Roboto posted:

Also this is when they're changing the banner format so there's a small chance you could get some outdated piece of garbage, like Ramza's BSB1, as your G5.

They removed two bsb slots from each banner so your chances to get something good are still slightly up.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
So far so good on the draws

33: Locke AOSB (only have enfire LMR), Mustadio USB, Echo LMR, Emperor BSB
LPhys: Pencil Glint (have USB1/2, replace healer on Holy team?)
LMag: Ashe USB

Ashe USB, even without LMR to really make it shine, is great. I had her OSB already (plus some +10s through BSB and SSB) and Shan really needed a partner in crime to get my magic lightning team off the ground.
Unfortunately, these pulls still leave me with 2 "weak" elements (and no chain for Holy). Earth is stronger but lacking a chain really holds it back

Butz' USB2, Glint, and LMR put him on both elements
Wind; Phys: Cloud USB1/BSB2 dived, no LMR; Zidane OSB/BSB2 quickcast LMR; Zack BSB and chase LMR. Mag: Alphi BSB, Fujin BSB
Earth: Phys: Guy USB, TGC USB (dualcast dirtsabre is good) Ingus BSB1/2, Tifa BSB1/2+OSB+enEarth LMR. Mag: Maria BSB, Emperor USB, Rude/Rydia BSB1s

Any pull suggestions? XIV is soon and has Alphi chain but I feel like Id need more wind magic SBs to best utilize it. Earth could go either way I feel.

Currently at 100 myth and my big target is to pull for AASBs on 4A, but if there are a couple banners I could use to fix up my weak magicite teams it might be worth pulling once on them and hoping for the best

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Arcon posted:

So far so good on the draws

33: Locke AOSB (only have enfire LMR), Mustadio USB, Echo LMR, Emperor BSB
LPhys: Pencil Glint (have USB1/2, replace healer on Holy team?)
LMag: Ashe USB

Ashe USB, even without LMR to really make it shine, is great. I had her OSB already (plus some +10s through BSB and SSB) and Shan really needed a partner in crime to get my magic lightning team off the ground.
Unfortunately, these pulls still leave me with 2 "weak" elements (and no chain for Holy). Earth is stronger but lacking a chain really holds it back

Butz' USB2, Glint, and LMR put him on both elements
Wind; Phys: Cloud USB1/BSB2 dived, no LMR; Zidane OSB/BSB2 quickcast LMR; Zack BSB and chase LMR. Mag: Alphi BSB, Fujin BSB
Earth: Phys: Guy USB, TGC USB (dualcast dirtsabre is good) Ingus BSB1/2, Tifa BSB1/2+OSB+enEarth LMR. Mag: Maria BSB, Emperor USB, Rude/Rydia BSB1s

Any pull suggestions? XIV is soon and has Alphi chain but I feel like Id need more wind magic SBs to best utilize it. Earth could go either way I feel.

Currently at 100 myth and my big target is to pull for AASBs on 4A, but if there are a couple banners I could use to fix up my weak magicite teams it might be worth pulling once on them and hoping for the best

Nuchains are still VERY effective even in the 'wrong' team, I use gilgamesh firechain on a mag squad and it works real well for Isgebind even with a single faithga. I'd still go for it, especially since like most people you probably need some help for the XIV torment.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Arcon posted:

Indecisive posted:

Nuchains are still VERY effective even in the 'wrong' team, I use gilgamesh firechain on a mag squad and it works real well for Isgebind even with a single faithga. I'd still go for it, especially since like most people you probably need some help for the XIV torment.

That and the fact that even in the 'wrong' team Alphinaud is far from a dead slot; between Deployment Tactics (his SSB, if you have it, ATK/MAG +30% and Radiant Shield) and his access to WHT6 means he can be a useful offhealer/support unit for physical teams too.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Alphinaud USB is also secretly good against Fire/Ice/Lightning bosses as the follow-up attack does fixed non-elemental damage and Valigarmanda usually does enough damage to charge it with two or three uses.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I am weak and pulled on the healer LD I said I wasn't going to.

Larsa USB. Nice to have a source of Astra outside Unicorn!

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
1/11 Ovelia LMR dupe. RNG has forsaken me. Hopefully the RoP goes better.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2/11

Selphie BSB (dupe)
Larsa LMR

Eh

So I missed something what does RoP mean? Google isn't helping.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Realms on Parade, where you get a 3-pull with at least one guaranteed 5* or better for 5 mythril for each realm (except Beyond and KH). I believe this one is moving to BSB/LMR/Glints only for the 5*s, as well.

Did the healer lucky because I was planning to and HEY MAYBE I'LL GET SOMETHING USEFUL.

2/11: Eiko BSB (dupe), Selphie LMR

:flaccid:

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Realms on Parade

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Generalissimo posted:

Realms on Parade

In the days leading up to every festival, they offer one 3-pull for each realm with a guaranteed 5+ at the cost of 5 mythril. They're usually worth pulling on especially as a newer player.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Got this awesome pull for the healer lucky:

And immediately turned it into my first D??? clear:

Not bad considering my complete lack of top-tier Tactics tech (my best thing for Orlandeau is his OSB).

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Disappointment finale:

3/11: Ovelia USB (dupe), Aria BSB (dupe), Aerith LMR

LMR is nice for the Torment, at least. Don't have her good SBs so she won't be getting much use outside of it.

75 Mythril and a free pull later, I came out of this minifest with Braska USB, Aria BSB, Aerith LMR, Squall LMR and lots of dupes.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
healer one gave me 1/11

Penelo BSSB
I have her USB, but last stand and haste is never a bad thing and opens up new options.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Healer lucky was actually pretty good to me; Aerith USB and Larza USB. Don't have anything else for them (and have Ellara USB), but I figure more options in healers is good. Mage lucky gave me Ashe AOSB/USB, pretty happy with that too.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
1/11 Aria BSB on the healing lucky. Argh. I wish I could have at least gotten a 6* :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I got two sixes (Rosa and Larsa) but they weren't the ones I wanted

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
After spending a week or two grinding out stuff like crystals orbs and exp, I started working on actual progress again last night. Killed Tiamat my first time and sub30d it, bringing me to 3 4* clears so far. Another month or so and I might finally get to take a stab at the 5*s

Also revisited NuTorments today, after slamming my head against the wall against Oogie Boogie when it launched, and not getting what I wanted out of pulls in the few months, I took Mustadio's USB and Ramza's BSB2, reconfigured my team a bit, and within 2 attempts I had him down to sub30. Not gonna try D??? until I get a better medica and/or something like Marche USB.

Gotta sit on Tiamat a while but I can start looking at other Torments Ive gotten new stuff for; FF7 and FF6 look like solid targets, and I could probably beat FF5 with some effort

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Huh, the next Bahamut didn't unlock. Fingers crossed for apology mythril.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

Huh, the next Bahamut didn't unlock. Fingers crossed for apology mythril.
Does changing the time zone work? It certainly did for Neo Torments.

Edit: It didn't work but given the collection of technical glitches this game has had over the years it seemed as good as anything.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I havent played in a long time so Im catching up on the realm draws, going well so far

almost makes me wonder if they somehow improve your odds if you haven't logged in for a while, but I also went 2/33 on that 33 pull so