Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, pretty much.

Corpus make some good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Also a good time to stock up on fieldron, prepping for Fortuna. 10 a piece for crafting Kreska/Ocucor/Battacor.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Tylana posted:

Still 5 of these left!

Ign Vahtooch and this weekend some time.

As basic as it is I was a MOAd'dib

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
There's a few detonite weapons that own, though. The Jat Kittag is a must have hammer with the augment

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ignis / ignis wraith need detonite

and

um

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Flytrap posted:

So are Fieldron weapons just generally that much better than Detonite? Because on PS4 at least, it seems that the Corpus win most invasions unless the Grineer are offering parts for a really good gun.

This is partly true (Lenz, Arca Plasmor and Amprex are all Corpus weapons), but also the new weapons all require Fieldron so people are going to be all about that for a while. You need more Fieldron in general as well since a lot of Corpus weapons require more than 5, while only one Grineer weapon requires more than 5 Detonite (the Jat Kusar at 7). Once you've got the Ignis Wraith, Jat Kittag and Argonak you're basically done short of filling out mastery/doing hilarious things with the Nukor.

For reference, to build everything requiring Detonite you'd need 69 Detonite, compared to 108 for Fieldron. You need 91 Mutagen Masses for all the Infested stuff as well, which means who the hell is farming Detonite if they don't have to.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also from the energy lab I want to again plug my current favorite set up of Cycron + Falcor. Falcor isn't the best glaive but its the prettiest.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Just failed a submerged exterminate mission on the first (and only) unlocked node on Uranus. Not enough enemies spawned and I'm reading that this has been reported for literally 3+ years. :psypop:

First bad experience with this game, honestly surprised it took this long. This game is pretty great.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Flytrap posted:

So are Fieldron weapons just generally that much better than Detonite? Because on PS4 at least, it seems that the Corpus win most invasions unless the Grineer are offering parts for a really good gun.

Check out this video of a Fieldron weapon and it will answer your question quite handily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2wHrA2-io

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Seditiar posted:

Just failed a submerged exterminate mission on the first (and only) unlocked node on Uranus. Not enough enemies spawned and I'm reading that this has been reported for literally 3+ years. :psypop:

First bad experience with this game, honestly surprised it took this long. This game is pretty great.

All of Uranus is designed to make you quit the game, I'm convinced.

The best part of the game comes right after it, at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a rather rare sharkwing tile which pops up in the middle of a level. i have never once managed to find my way through it, even with the pipes.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
by the time I left Uranus I started to like it more, and once you've got the arkwing controls down the spy mission on Uranus is an absolute breeze to farm. Way fewer things to randomly ruin your day compared to a lot of other spy vaults.

Also that reminds me I still haven't bothered trying to do the Lua Spy Vaults. I know I should but.... :effort: Ivara is cool but I should get around to building Loki or Ash too.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
the lua vaults are super challenging if you don't know how to do them and hilariously easy once you do. definitely recommend going into it blind, it's something you only get to experience for a little while.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got myself to Cove, got Garuda kicked off, and picked up some Synathid bait. They spawn pretty commonly, but you have to find a cave hotspot, which is a massive pain in the rear end. I got a fish for my tank and a few Ecosynth Analyzers from it, but I don't think I'll be synathid fishing if I don't have to. Tromyzons seem more reliable. It's sort of the murkray/glappid thing from PoE.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Seditiar posted:

What I did when I ran into this was that I ran to the end of it, got on the far side, and sat on my rear end for two minutes. Then I went back to the nearest Grineer spawn and sure enough Regor had decanted some more people for me to shoot. I did this repeatedly until i won.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nessus posted:

What I did when I ran into this was that I ran to the end of it, got on the far side, and sat on my rear end for two minutes. Then I went back to the nearest Grineer spawn and sure enough Regor had decanted some more people for me to shoot. I did this repeatedly until i won.

Yeah. If you go looking around usually the biggest room nearest the extraction point will spawn a ton more dudes for you, but you've got to get far enough away from it for it to do this. On some maps you can basically walk out the door and then back into the room.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

IIRC one of the Uranus exterminate tilesets has you run through the whole facility and then you sit at extract while waves of dudes run at you from the building you just exited. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work, I've only done that particular one twice ever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They broke that in the chimera update where you'd have more than enough enemies to exterminate, now you're running short.

But if you run onto the exit zone, more will spawn.

:effort:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey I'm not going crazy right, that when Eudico says 'Hit his bank' she just means murder everyone and take their money? I'm not mishearing things?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hey I'm not going crazy right, that when Eudico says 'Hit his bank' she just means murder everyone and take their money? I'm not mishearing things?
Ridiculous, Eudico would never advocate such a gross violation of the non-aggression principle

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yup - smashing crates etc works too - but really going to any of the 'facilities' is the faster way to do it - and don't blow up the reinforcement beacons.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Goddamnit DE fix my broken-rear end Dark Split Sword already, I've got Corpus to chop >:[

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Just a quick note to anyone who is having a problem with only pobbers spawning and no bolarolas or virminks. This problem seemed to go away if I were to put lures directly on my wheel, then load into orb vallis directly from my ship, not through fortuna, then equip the lure of the animal I want directly from the gear wheel.

Also to note: animal conservation is much easier with equinox, you can quickly put multiple pobbers to sleep with her 2 ability, and it also puts bolarolas to sleep without concern for their armored plates.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Note: Do not use Nova to slow down the animals.

ed: WAIT CAN YOU USE LIMBO STASIS?!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Captainicus posted:

Just a quick note to anyone who is having a problem with only pobbers spawning and no bolarolas or virminks. This problem seemed to go away if I were to put lures directly on my wheel, then load into orb vallis directly from my ship, not through fortuna, then equip the lure of the animal I want directly from the gear wheel.
If you just bring out your tranq rifle it'll show all conservation spots you have a lure for. If you hold the lure for the animal you want (either by switching to it from the tranq rifle or directly from your gear wheel) it'll just show those spots.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

If you hold the lure for the animal you want it'll just show those spots.

*GASP*

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

If you just bring out your tranq rifle it'll show all conservation spots you have a lure for. If you hold the lure for the animal you want (either by switching to it from the tranq rifle or directly from your gear wheel) it'll just show those spots.

Yeah, the problem was I was getting no spots with the virmink or bolarola lure equipped. It only seemed to work if I swapped directly to a lure when loading in directly from the orbiter.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

ed: WAIT CAN YOU USE LIMBO STASIS?!

Everything that isn't an ally takes damage when switching planes so I guess no.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Captainicus posted:

Yeah, the problem was I was getting no spots with the virmink or bolarola lure equipped. It only seemed to work if I swapped directly to a lure when loading in directly from the orbiter.

Oh weird, haven't seen that one.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Do not use Limbo for conservation. You will not end up conserving anything.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Nessus posted:

Went back and forth in the water three times before time ran out. Even left the water for a bit when coming back, didn't see a single enemy.

The red marker stopped 81 meters before the end with nothing to enter anywhere close. :confused:

E: Second try I had at least 150 (while needing 126) before even reaching water.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Nov 16, 2018

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Pretty sure enemies don't respawn underwater

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
yeah the marker shows the nearest enemy is 800m away from you no wonder you couldnt find any

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Among the 200+ weapons (or frame abilities), which ones are the closest to feeling like a quake 3 railgun or rocketlauncher (if any)?

There aren't loads of rocket launchers. The Kulstar is a secondary that fires a cluster of rockets, the Angstrum is another secondary rocket launcher that can do single precise shots or cluster mag dump. Or there's the Zarr, which can fire explosive cannonballs and is important for pirate themed builds. The Ogris is probably the closest thing to a classic videogame launcher. It's not especially popular but I think it's fun, especially with its unique Nightwatch Napalm augment.

Can't forget the Lenz either, the rocket launcher dressed as a bow.

Closest thing to a railgun is the Lanka. The Opticor has a similar feel I guess, and is stupid powerful.

Probably the most Quake weapon in the game though is the Drakgoon. Or the Amprex.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 16, 2018

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

alphabettitouretti posted:

There aren't loads of rocket launchers.
Thanks, i'll keep those in mind!

Weapon and mod pools seem so staggeringly massive that going for a specific one via random drops or merging seems like an insane route, though i guess that's where trading (or knowing specific specialized rewards) comes in.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 16, 2018

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

yeah the marker shows the nearest enemy is 800m away from you no wonder you couldnt find any

Hence the comment that there weren't any. That marker was supposed to be the evac marker.

Bholder posted:

Pretty sure enemies don't respawn underwater

Good to know. :)

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Probably the most Quake weapon in the game though is the Drakgoon.
wtf... Drakgoon is literally the UT Flak Cannon, come on.

As far as Q3 railgun goes Opticor and Ferrox are high damage pinpoint beams but have charge time. Arca Scisco feels good and pinpoint but it's only accurate when aiming and not a railgun. Lanka fires a high dmg projectile but I wouldn't call it a railgun. The other snipers like the Vectis have more of a railgun-feel gameplay-wise.

Ogris is the best (and only) classic rocket launcher in the game

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Probably the most Quake weapon in the game though is the Drakgoon. Or the Amprex.

what about the Synapse

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

McKilligan posted:

Goddamnit DE fix my broken-rear end Dark Split Sword already, I've got Corpus to chop >:[
Patch notes say they did, is it not working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Traitorous Leopard posted:

In this! IGN is weedGOKU666 and getting it Friday 11/16 would be sweet.

When I get around to Moas, I’m making the tallest one I can and naming him Ozy (two vast and trunkless legs ya know)

Streamer took lawn-Moa and now I am sad and need something else unique and clever.