Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleFlare posted:

You know, that scene with Michonne and Judith talking about remembering those they've lost and trying not to forget their voices (or however it went, I forgot the exact dialogue) might have held more weight, if the absent father hadn't secretly survived so he could star in three spin-off movies without ever contacting his family. Especially if it turns out he survived for years during the timeskip. For all we know he could still be alive right now, all while people have been mourning him for six years.

I hope all three movies actually do get made so that we can see that last one end with Rick getting ambushed by a teleporting zombie three miles away from Alexandria, one day before this episode begins.

At this rate I hope he makes one final appearance on the show, when they are about to be overrun he arrives with a loving tank battalion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Needs to be Andrew Lincoln walking away and burning Gimble & TWD writing staff.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone have one of those audio "hear different things" happen with the whisperer speak?

I watched it 3 times and swore they said "In a pickle" not "They must be close."

"Where are they?" "In a pickle. Don't let them get away."

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

eclectic taste posted:

The writers & producers of this show are like home chefs trying to duplicate the work of the chefs they see on TV, but aren't skilled enough to pull it off. They have the ingredients, and the basic tools, but not the skill, so ultimately it ends up a pile of goo.

Imagine if someone like Vince Gilligan, Cary Fukunaga, or Matthew Weiner, etc., were show runners, what a fantastic series we could have had. Gimple & company are definitely third stringers.

Nicotero is a makeup artist thrust into the role of director, producer, and basically co-showrunner.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im still confused how the saviors had survived this long by sleeping in a warehouse with the door wide open and no lookouts

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Finally having a sit-down to watch the ep...

CGI bird right off the loving bat.

E: Ezekiel's hair feather leveled up

Yo, is that the guy from Fantastic Beasts?

E: Michonne going all Ace Attorney here. Jeez, it's not like they had two good prisoners on their side back in season three. Like you ain't even gonna ask 'what were you in prison for?'

Oh, Rosita just said what we were all thinking.

E: in six years, everyone's just changed their hairstyles. Anybody got an eyepatch or something?!

'Is there a reason things changed?'
'Yeah, but we'll all be vague about it.'

E: zombie cart is actually a pretty smart move

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 15, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

LadyPictureShow posted:

Finally having a sit-down to watch the ep...

CGI bird right off the loving bat.

E: Ezekiel's hair feather leveled up

Yo, is that the guy from Fantastic Beasts?

E: Michonne going all Ace Attorney here. Jeez, it's not like they had two good prisoners on their side back in season three. Like you ain't even gonna ask 'what were you in prison for?'

Oh, Rosita just said what we were all thinking.

E: in six years, everyone's just changed their hairstyles. Anybody got an eyepatch or something?!

'Is there a reason things changed?'
'Yeah, but we'll all be vague about it.'

E: zombie cart is actually a pretty smart move

Holy crapola! I totally forgot about the ridiculous CGI bird eating the worms from the zombie stuck in the tree...that was some first-year film student allegory right there. :rolleyes:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'm pretty sure a writer learned what a Chekhov's Gun was this episode too, and felt super smart having the guy chew a match for no reason at all.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wait, was Judith sitting on the stairs with the magnum in case Magna tried to start some poo poo?!

'I'm starting to forget their voices' would she even be able to remember Carl? She was like, 2 when he died.

I think my episode cut off early; it ended with a 'zombie' saying 'don't let them get away'. Was there supposed to be more dialogue?

I will give some faint praise to the show, they keep the camera shot fully on Connie and Kelly when they sign. But you would think that when the group was all alone, Luke and Magna would at least simcom. After six years they had to have picked up enough ASL to talk to their own group member.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

LadyPictureShow posted:

Wait, was Judith sitting on the stairs with the magnum in case Magna tried to start some poo poo?!

'I'm starting to forget their voices' would she even be able to remember Carl? She was like, 2 when he died.

I think my episode cut off early; it ended with a 'zombie' saying 'don't let them get away'. Was there supposed to be more dialogue?

I will give some faint praise to the show, they keep the camera shot fully on Connie and Kelly when they sign. But you would think that when the group was all alone, Luke and Magna would at least simcom. After six years they had to have picked up enough ASL to talk to their own group member.

Nope, that was the end...

I would give them praise for their diversity hires with the new cast if it weren't so obviously a diversity casting - all of whom will almost certainly be killed over the next 3 eps. :nallears:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Judith is a lil' rear end kicker 'cause Daryl said so, what's hard to get?
Also no, that's where the episode ended.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Okay, cool. Since it was so abrupt I figured I missed another 'zombie' replying or something.

E:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Nope, that was the end...

I would give them praise for their diversity hires with the new cast if it weren't so obviously a diversity casting - all of whom will almost certainly be killed over the next 3 eps. :nallears:

I'm expecting them to 'need' Connie's 'Deaf skillz' to fight the Whisperers or some dumb poo poo. I can just imagine Luke and Eugene come up with some sound/music device dealie to affect the bad guys and Connie has to set it off because she can't hear it.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 15, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone please breach protocol, princess grimes says it's okay to let them in

I really like their way of hiding aaron's missing arm

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

You know I didn't think about it before but yeah Z Nation is basically Fallout: the TV Show now only without the 50s fetish.

the 50s fetish is the best part. sad.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I really like their way of hiding aaron's missing arm

holy gently caress i 100% forgot about this. did they just have his missing arm on the other side of his body in every shot?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Johnny Truant posted:

holy gently caress i 100% forgot about this. did they just have his missing arm on the other side of his body in every shot?

No he has like the Venom Snake arm prosthesis on him, except way more lame.

A goofy glove basically.

EDIT:

Mein gott... Rick is the medic. He is going to get in a helicopter crash, go into a coma and then have his muscles massaged for 9 years so he'll be jacked to the gills when he wakes up and escapes the hospital he is in... AKA episode 1. Then the whole thing begins anew.

Endless cycle of TWD.

:negative:

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 15, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
so what's the guess at the end of the episode

is carol getting some darryl action on the side

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

No he has like the Venom Snake arm prosthesis on him, except way more lame.

A goofy glove basically.

so they're just making him wear a glove now? lmfao

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Uhhh.

What were the saviors doing to deserve that?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The whisperers make absolutely no goddamn sense in any capacity

Like what do they do for fun

Why do they pursue people, are they cannibals?

If they're cannibals, we already saw that there is a far easier way to go about that

If they're not then why do they shamble after people

Man this poo poo is dumb

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Senor Tron posted:

Uhhh.

What were the saviors doing to deserve that?

Spared Carol’s life. :peanut:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Spared Carol’s life. :peanut:

It was nice, after spending all that time earlier in the season driving home how violence begets violence, that they then have an example of how "killing someone who spared you is SUPER RAD" because there is no way you aren't supposed to think Carol was totally awesome there committing an insanely violent act.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Carol Did Nothing Wrong

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Can't wait for season 10 when Carol is the main villain

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

precision posted:

Can't wait for season 10 when Carol is the main villain

I mean that'd be pretty tight I've gotta say

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

I would totally be on board for Murder Carol as the antagonist. She might as well be at the moment.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

precision posted:

The whisperers make absolutely no goddamn sense in any capacity

Like what do they do for fun

Why do they pursue people, are they cannibals?

If they're cannibals, we already saw that there is a far easier way to go about that

If they're not then why do they shamble after people

Man this poo poo is dumb

How do they sleep? You can't just sit down and start snoring in the middle of a zombie horde.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Johnny Truant posted:

I mean that'd be pretty tight I've gotta say

Carol vs. Daryl for the final season just to go out with a real bang

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Carol vs. Daryl for the final season just to go out with a real bang

Only if it ends in hot sex

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also wow that wig sure is something lmbo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Only if it ends in hot sex

Carol without a pixie cut is a war crime.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

me @ carol's wig tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUc01MjDRp8

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I absolutely can't believe that Dan Fogler was in that episode and that other than one person live watching nobody mentioned it.
He seems like an expensive person to be getting considering how poo poo the CGI is now.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

Carol Did Nothing Wrong

Well she could have had Henry watch her burn alive a group of sleeping people who had let them go.
It would be a fine lesson for the young man.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Just to play Carol's advocate. The people she burned alive were actively victimizing other people, and had a history of participation in mass murder and enslavement. Killing them almost certainly saved others.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

galagazombie posted:

How do they sleep? You can't just sit down and start snoring in the middle of a zombie horde.

How do they drink water without being noticed? Where do they get nutrition from if all they eat are corpses?

The concept kind of falls apart the minute you look closely at it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ersatz posted:

Just to play Carol's advocate. The people she burned alive were actively victimizing other people, and had a history of participation in mass murder and enslavement. Killing them almost certainly saved others.

Since the convo before Carol dropped the match was basically
'this stuff you have belonged to people that went out and never came back'
'C'mon lady, we just found it.'

I'm wondering if the 'big twist' would be the missing people were offed by the 'zombies' and the supplies were later found by the Saviors.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm wondering if the 'big twist' would be the missing people were offed by the 'zombies' and the supplies were later found by the Saviors.
With these writers, you're probably right.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Boy won't Carol's face be red when she realizes she immolated the wrong people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

It is absolutely going to be this.