Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I need a clip from Revenge of the Nerds where the jock gets super mad and shouts “Nerrrrrds!” Only it’s “LIBERALS!!”

I mean a liberal being unapologetically liberal with her liberal ness doing liberally things because liberal is a dirty word or something

Might as well say Millenial or something

I actually like Cortez and kind of like that this is going on. They’re so terrified they’re threatened and trying to take her out from the start. I really hope she gets good people around her to help her make strides and find success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gatts posted:

I need a clip from Revenge of the Nerds where the jock gets super mad and shouts “Nerrrrrds!” Only it’s “LIBERALS!!”

I mean a liberal being unapologetically liberal with her liberal ness doing liberally things because liberal is a dirty word or something

Might as well say Millenial or something

I actually like Cortez and kind of like that this is going on. They’re so terrified they’re threatened and trying to take her out from the start. I really hope she gets good people around her to help her make strides and find success.

if you're talking about that guy using "liberals" in his tweets, i don't think he's strongly anti-liberal or super lefty or whatever

https://twitter.com/johnastoehr/status/1063126108881719296

https://twitter.com/johnastoehr/status/1063126305284210688

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Gatts posted:

(at one point this was a comic about republicans)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Bugsy posted:

eric trump, tucker, lou dobbs, rand paul, grassley and gaetz also retweeted this conspiracy bullshit.

...Why

Why the gently caress is everything so goddamn loving stupid?! Who the gently caress is this dumbass chud who senators are retweeting?!

Why is this era a loving event horizon of the most stupid loving insane people alive?

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :psyboom:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

TulliusCicero posted:

...Why

Why the gently caress is everything so goddamn loving stupid?! Who the gently caress is this dumbass chud who senators are retweeting?!

Why is this era a loving event horizon of the most stupid loving insane people alive?

Once upon a time on the internet I would've found this kind of lunacy charming, in its way. Like Time Cube or that dodecahedron dude.

Now that people like this have the ear of the actual president of the USA, it's not so much fun anymore

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Barry Foster posted:

Now that people like this have the ear of the actual president of the USA, it's not so much fun anymore

The president is a dumb poop brain but come on, everyone in this thread needs to stop being dumb grandpa that doesn't know how the internet works, he tweeted at those people, not by those people. Like I get everything is terrible now and that the interface on twitter makes the distinction hard to see, but everyone doesn't need to fall right into being absurdly gullible and thinking things that aren't true over it. No senator has retweeted or even seen this dumb minor tweet by nobody.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063042585802039296?s=19

17 screaming angry democrats

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The president is a dumb poop brain but come on, everyone in this thread needs to stop being dumb grandpa that doesn't know how the internet works, he tweeted at those people, not by those people. Like I get everything is terrible now and that the interface on twitter makes the distinction hard to see, but everyone doesn't need to fall right into being absurdly gullible and thinking things that aren't true over it. No senator has retweeted or even seen this dumb minor tweet by nobody.

No, I know - I just meant insane conspiracy theorists in general, not this particular thing

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

If nothing else, now all the idiots who squealed that of course the US would never charge Assange for things, because what he did isn't technically illegal, and anyway he's not a US citizen and hasn't even visited the US in the first place, and so on, and so he's just being a big dumb babby hiding out in that embassy, can kindly shut the gently caress up forever.

So the government’s willingness to indict him for election interference in 2018 is proof that they’ve had a black site ready for him for the last five years for his Snowden crimes, good galaxy brain take

Do they have an orbital laser aimed at the front door of the Ecuadorian embassy as well?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior posted:

So the government’s willingness to indict him for election interference in 2018 is proof that they’ve had a black site ready for him for the last five years for his Snowden crimes, good galaxy brain take

Do they have an orbital laser aimed at the front door of the Ecuadorian embassy as well?

No don't laser the kitty.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

It's possible he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror while he was yelling at a side table or something, didn't recognize himself, and assumed it was someone on Mueller's team

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like someone might have actually yelled at him since he seems like he has added that detail to every post he makes suddenly after rotating the same 5 slogans for so long.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like someone might have actually yelled at him since he seems like he has added that detail to every post he makes suddenly after rotating the same 5 slogans for so long.

I mean, we always say that Trump’s weird baseless accusations are actually confessions, and screaming and shouting at people until they give him the answers he wants does seem like a pretty good description of Trump’s “leadership” style

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

skeleton warrior posted:

I mean, we always say that Trump’s weird baseless accusations are actually confessions, and screaming and shouting at people until they give him the answers he wants does seem like a pretty good description of Trump’s “leadership” style

someone yelling at him and him getting all upset and scared then fuming about it nonstop in every conversation forever after also seems extremely trump.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

(at one point this was a comic about republicans)

It still is. You all are just so over sensitive that you had a panic attack when a journalist used “liberal”, despite clearly not hating the term

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Condiv posted:

It still is. You all are just so over sensitive that you had a panic attack when a journalist used “liberal”, despite clearly not hating the term

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

He clearly isn't using the term in a derogatory way, even if he's using it frequently. :confused:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Did you see up above where he praises Nancy Pelosi, says she should stay house majority leader, and that progressives are liberals? He wouldn’t say stuff like that if he were a progressive or leftist that hates liberals

You’ve proven my point. You see the word liberal and you start hyperventilating immediately

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Remember when D&D posters were calling anyone thinking the US government wanted to charge Assange crazy?

Turns out: They did charge Assange, but kept it sealed: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.dcb0c2b12875

Lambert fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 16, 2018

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Lambert posted:

Remember when D&D posters were calling anyone thinking the US government wanted to charge Assange crazy?

Turns out: They did charge Assange, but kept it sealed: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.dcb0c2b12875

Well that's just real fukin neato

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lambert posted:

Your are kind of using a deceptive characterisation here. D&D posters thought the different would not charge him and he was a fool for holing up at the time he actually did it, way before he interfered in the 2916 election. After that a lot of people thought his rear end would be grass for that specifically

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

way before he interfered in the 2916 election

WAY before

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Your are kind of using a deceptive characterisation here. D&D posters thought the different would not charge him and he was a fool for holing up at the time he actually did it, way before he interfered in the 2916 election. After that a lot of people thought his rear end would be grass for that specifically

the consensus has largely been that Assange did the government a big favor by apparently doing some crimes, rather than exclusively operating as a publisher in a way that would make him way harder to charge

e.g.:
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1063353844694945792

eke out fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 16, 2018

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

TulliusCicero posted:

...Why

Because there are no consequences to their stupidity.

E: As for Assange, people were absolutely right pre-2016 election when they said the US Government didn't give a poo poo about him. Then he interfered in the election and put a big loving bullseye on his back. Now he's gonna get got on general principle.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 16, 2018

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

way before he interfered in the 2916 election.

Mars Prime Minister: "earth isn't sending their best"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

AhhYes posted:

Wait. What?

WHAT?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

were you not in CC: when pelosi emailed us about the new democrat branded ion cannon?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

They didn't retweet it, they were tagged in it by the guy sending the tweet. Y'all are old.

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

...Why

old people dont know how to internet. they believe everything theyre told. Its like the era they grew up in didnt train their brains critical information processing skills

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Yinlock posted:

true, but that's more because a lot of the propaganda is actually true outside of the super outlandish stuff like her being a literal witch

hillary got her political start doing courageous things like crossing picket lines and telling black people to sit down after mlk was murdered, she was awful even then

Cite?

And I'm not talking about pre-college crap we know that she was raised Republican. Cause I find it hard to believe that a woman who made her name calling out incrementalists on civil rights, who worked on the Chicago Five's defense team is who you are describing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mulva posted:

E: As for Assange, people were absolutely right pre-2016 election when they said the US Government didn't give a poo poo about him. Then he interfered in the election and put a big loving bullseye on his back. Now he's gonna get got on general principle.

I think they did want to arrest him given there was a good amount of legally murky things about wikileaks, but there were a lot of conspiracy minded people who were certain that the US government was waiting to pounce on him and lock him up in Guantanamo with no trial for the rest of his life and that was bullshit. And the government definitely wasn't setting up rape charges specifically to do that. Assange wanted to present himself as the enemy of the great satan who was being persecuted and the reality was pretty far from that. Over time, as well, there was less interest in bringing him in.

Of course, now that he's actually part of a criminal conspiracy with Russia to attack the United States, they definitely want him and that's one that they aren't going to let fade away.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

thewalk posted:

old people dont know how to internet. they believe everything theyre told. Its like the era they grew up in didnt train their brains critical information processing skills

You mean people in this thread right? Because those people didn't repost that, it's people freaking out senators reposted it that are being fooled by their non-understanding of how twitter works.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Funny thing about right wing propaganda is that you don't even realize how effective it is until someone points it out to you.

Hell, I'll go ahead and :toxx: that before the USPOL Spring thread ends, there will be some posters complaining about AOC selling out/not leftist enough/whatever.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Luckyellow posted:

Funny thing about right wing propaganda is that you don't even realize how effective it is until someone points it out to you.

Hell, I'll go ahead and :toxx: that before the USPOL Spring thread ends, there will be some posters complaining about AOC selling out/not leftist enough/whatever.

Every politician eventually casts a vote you don't like. So this would happen with or without propaganda.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Smeef posted:

25 years ago this would have been pretty much the same story but with Hillary.

Not trying to resurrect Hillary’s reputation, but the decades long propaganda campaign against her has hurt her on the left, too.

it was propaganda that she talked about super predators and had prison slaves lol

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Lambert posted:

Do you believe he committed a crime sometime in the last couple years or not?

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You mean people in this thread right? Because those people didn't repost that, it's people freaking out senators reposted it that are being fooled by their non-understanding of how twitter works.

Yeah I readily admit to not knowing Twitter very well.

But I also don't think it's beyond the pale to think it's possible that the people listed in that post actually did highlight insane conspiracy theory stuff. It's just our world now.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Luckyellow posted:

This started the moment she won her primary

There's a certain kind of leftist that can't grapple with the idea of winning anything so when a leftist wins something it can only mean they're not a true leftist.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

AhhYes posted:

But I also don't think it's beyond the pale to think it's possible that the people listed in that post actually did highlight insane conspiracy theory stuff. It's just our world now.

No, the excuse of 'well it doesn't matter if it didn't because you know it WOULD" has been the brain dead excuse people have been giving forever when they fall for literal stuff. Just say "oh, oops" when you find out you fell for something fake, there is no need to dig in or give it creditbility. donald trump didn't post some lazer conspiracy, and like literally he does enough bad stuff every minute of every day you don't need to go into made up fake stuff to find things to be upset about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So what could Mueller, or for pure chaotic fun, Trump's staff, charge Assy with? WaPo was fear mongering WHAT IF HE'S BEING CHARGED WITH TELLING THE TRUTH, but there's also a good likelihood that he loving hack and stole to get that info.