Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Yinlock posted:

sorry, i overreacted to the "the protagonist is actually the villain" thing because it's a lame plot twist that people online love to talk about constantly

I'm not that big on Killer Queen but i'm still all for Soft & Wet being able to explode things

Couldn't S&W just take away something's molecular stability or something like that to make it explode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm curious about whether the "gappy's stand is actually just a very quickly spinning thread that moves so fast that it looks like a bubble" will go anywhere

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
the drawing director/general works supervisor just posted this:

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/1063469747709177856

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
love the reminder that abbachio does find mista and narancia's bullshit funny

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmfao this looks amazing

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/1063295598990770177

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Clips exist. Better than you think.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I really want to see what anime only people think about our gang of heroes torturing a dude and then breaking into a spontaneous dance.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh my god they straight up made it a music video

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The dance owned

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks Araki and his holy son David
It was
PERFECT

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Thanks Araki and his holy son David
It was
PERFECT
I think you could, perhaps ironically, write that it was "off the hook".

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

They made the loving dance better

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I didn't post this in the anime thread since it's too on the nose with a Stand we haven't seen, but I was disappointed this didn't play for the dance, especially since I was able to time it in like 2 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNNxXFr8jns

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEprhLmM2-k

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
The dance was amazing and the song was great.

Had a similar rhythm to a certain Prince song from around the same time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XG4FUVKZOs

e: ah yes someone already mentioned this in the anime thread. still any excuse to share some Prince

Night Goat fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 16, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's really easy to edit songs into that and Prince is the first choice but also most likely to be taken down the fastest.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dragonwagon posted:

Couldn't S&W just take away something's molecular stability or something like that to make it explode?

I don't think it can quite get that intangible but s&w does have a ton of ways to kill someone, that's just usually counterproductive to Josuke's goals.

when Josuke wants someone dead they tend to die real quick

e: I kinda wish the first schott bro stuck around longer though because his weird object-shifting power was actually real interesting in practice

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 17, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darko posted:

I didn't post this in the anime thread since it's too on the nose with a Stand we haven't seen, but I was disappointed this didn't play for the dance, especially since I was able to time it in like 2 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNNxXFr8jns

Did you edit any of this? This fit too well.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did you edit any of this? This fit too well.

No, all I had to do was find the point where the first beat came in and cut the starting point based on it, and it all lined up. It matches an Aerosmith song more than anything else I've seen, too, which is too perfect.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Expect My Mom posted:

I also forget if Mista can see through Sex Pistols eyes, when he reunites with 1 and 2 after shooting the dude in the leg, they tell Mista where they got him which I thought was neat.

I don't think he can, but the Pistols seem to be telepathically linked to each other somehow, so he can send a few out and keep one to relay information back to him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Cool, yeah I remember that they could exchange information and that Grateful Dead fight is where Mista starts using Sex Pistols for stuff other than bullet control, but wasn't sure of The Rules. I mostly just like that he does have to talk to them to get the most of them, it's very cute.

Looks like we'll get to Trish in about two weeks? There's still more than half the Kraft Work fight left and that's if they don't put Mista's backstory at the beginning of next episode. She joins way earlier than I thought

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Refresh my memory: When Giornio stats using his stand to replace people's missing body parts is it brought up that when he dies all their body parts will revert back to objects? I just thought of this when they said the fly not turning back into Narancia's shoe was proof he wasn't dead. It seems like a good insurance policy on Giornio's part because if he dies everyone's internal organs are going to turn back into toasters and stuff.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CJ posted:

Refresh my memory: When Giornio stats using his stand to replace people's missing body parts is it brought up that when he dies all their body parts will revert back to objects? I just thought of this when they said the fly not turning back into Narancia's shoe was proof he wasn't dead. It seems like a good insurance policy on Giornio's part because if he dies everyone's internal organs are going to turn back into toasters and stuff.

I think this is one of those details you aren't supposed to think about to much, because part 5 needed healer that wasn't Bruno or a stapler.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I had assumed it was more of a matter of time. He can slot in the new parts but the body still has to integrate them fully and if the body doesn't fully integrate them then they're still at risk of transforming back into one of Giorno's endless supply of ladybug brooches.

That's my interpretation and I'm stickin to it

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

CJ posted:

I thought it was that if Narancia was dead, then the fly wouldn't be trying to go back to him?

edit: nevermind, I was thinking about a completely different scene. And no, I don't think it's brought up because it's implied that once it's part of the body, then that's it. Or something.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 17, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah the fly was proof Narancia was alive as it was his own shoe trying to get back to him

which also makes zero sense. I can understand why a person's tooth would try to get back in their mouth but for some reason is shoe is what makes me go "Well this is just silly"

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah the fly was proof Narancia was alive as it was his own shoe trying to get back to him

which also makes zero sense. I can understand why a person's tooth would try to get back in their mouth but for some reason is shoe is what makes me go "Well this is just silly"

In the subtitles he said "Giorno's powers haven't disappeared yet." That sounds to me like the fly would turn back if he died.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Yeah I was thinking of another scene before that, sorry.

However, they still don't say "If Giorno dies then our new body parts will revert back" later on so it's probably assumed that once a new body part is in a person, it's there forever. Maybe. :v:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Speaking of healing and body horror in part 5 (:frogsiren: big spoilers for anime people who peeked in here for some reason, possibly to to see what this thread was saying about the dance, be warned)

The fact that the dance turned out so amazing is giving me extremely high hopes for the Cioccolata beatdown. I went back and reread that fight in the manga and it's pretty confusing. When he reveals himself in the copter, he's like a floating torso with 1 arm and a spine and bones hanging out of him. The explanation is that he's a monstrosity with extensive anatomical knowledge and had no qualms about mutilating himself to lay a trap. So then,

1) Gold Experience lands a punch, which looks like it tears a chunk off of him
2) His detached arm punches Giorno, and his legs come out of nowhere to kick him, which I guess is because they're being "controlled" by the mold.
3) Cioccolata starts to reassemble himself while giving his speech about happiness

So either

A) He can heal himself with the mold (which would make sense, because really what was his endgame otherwise? He's a crazy sick gently caress but I still don't think he would do that to himself without a plan)
B) GE punching him fills him with life energy and that lets him heal somehow
C) Who cares, Araki wanted him back intact so GE could MUDA him for 7 pages

I'm leaning towards C

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't see how it could turn back if it's healed and integrated with the body

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i dont see people asking if okuyasu or hayato will die when josuke dies so im not sure why giorno would

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Because the series explicitly says, "Giorno's powers will (probably) disappear when he dies" in this instance. After Baby Face most fights end with Giorno sticking objects into people's wounds to "fix" them, while Josuke just returns them to their prior state, at which point his power stops being active.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
doesnt abbaccchio say that? it's the first time abbacchio has actually seen giorno use his stand so i dont think he knows poo poo about tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Okuyasu and Josuke will die at the same time no matter what because neither of them wants to live in a world without the other.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
like literally every other stand power it's based on nothing other than whatever the gently caress araki wants it to do at the time

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Trish's hand gets reattached by Sticky Fingers after it's cut off, and it's not like her hand suddenly falls off at the end of Part 5 when Buccellati dies.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New chapter day!

I have no loving idea where any of this is going, but I love it anyway.

They defeat the Doctor using Newton's Third Law and a roll of tape. Amazing.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 18, 2018

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Wow. So that new stand is literally applying vectors of power to whatever they touch. That's... crazy versatile. :stare:

Also, kinda interesting how the good doctor (I think I spotted one panel where he had THREE doctor signs on his coat) isn't actually dead... Once someone untangles enough parts of him from the elevator, he could reform around his head and free himself. Eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, Awaking III Leaves might be one of the most universally useful stands ever.