Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's only on one of the rotations, I think you'll see Axi S4 in the other one? Something with a Soma rare. If the tier 5 bounty doesn't have any Axi relics in it, maybe PS4 is just losing out?

Again I have to say with Fortuna offering the possibility of double drops on completing bonus objectives (and I can confirm I have gotten Axi A5 x2 more than once) it's by far the superior bounty method to relic farm. five or so T5 bounties should max your daily cap at MR25/26/whatever and give you a ton of relics, 10+ easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Are these dev streams generally spoiler free (besides the obvious feature displays)? I know this may be a really silly question to ask on page 2000+ of a megathread older than time of a loot space ninja game but i'm just wondering what the tone of them usually is.

e: god that top menu is so teasing, want to click all those buttons

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
melee 3.0 next year

rip

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I mean this year has like... 6 weeks left. "Next year" isn't particularly specific there.

e: these devs are horrible monsters

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 16, 2018

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

FileNotFound posted:

Dojo - I'm out of spare malignant but have 4 extra splits.

I promise you some goon has 20+ of each

I'll be on later this evening and I'll try to ask around for them. It's a 24 hour build (I just started it on the app), plus I'll need to actually level it up, so I have some time to figure out the mods

I'm probably going to try to do some relics tonight. I've cracked a few in pubbie groups, but I've yet to make any concerted effort to get specific things. I was considering rad-ing a couple of the Chroma Prime helmet relics and seeing if I could get the rare part of his set. I've got 6 of the appropriate relics I think, but only enough void traces for 2 radiants. Is there an easy way to get void traces? Just run fissures over and over?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbrasiveLittlePoxYee

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

At least they finally gave us an explanation for the Melee 3.0 delays - they were actually close to release, then they started tinkering with instant switching between melee and guns, and that led them to more dramatic changes to the flow of combat and now it's basically back to square one since now they need to do work on almost every stance to accommodate the new melee style. The main dev in charge of it has been sidelined on Fortuna stuff, so no Melee 3.0 until that's all been settled.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm so glad someone clipped this :cheers:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

It's always fun watching the game surprise the DE team.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Substandard posted:

I'm probably going to try to do some relics tonight. I've cracked a few in pubbie groups, but I've yet to make any concerted effort to get specific things. I was considering rad-ing a couple of the Chroma Prime helmet relics and seeing if I could get the rare part of his set. I've got 6 of the appropriate relics I think, but only enough void traces for 2 radiants. Is there an easy way to get void traces? Just run fissures over and over?

When you're new, its not really worth focusing too much on a specific thing. Just run fissures like crazy, especially defense as it a decent source of affinity as well.

Right now is a pretty good time to crack as a lot players are busy cracking the recently unvaulted gear.

Really - you'll find that most of your primes will come out of other people's relics.....

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 16, 2018

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Got to Uranus and started the Sycorax Exterminate mission. Got to the second submersible part, accidentally swam too far up so that it phased me back down, but my archwing was still going up so I got locked into a cycle of fade to black, spawn a bit down, repeat. Couldn't even exit the mission.. had to alt+f4. What a loving broken rear end game.

Also, is there an auto skip cinematic option? So much wasted time doing esc -> click.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
i always autoskip by hitting space twice

and i've run into a few silly glitches but nothing mission breaking yet. Do missions - infinite ones aside - get way longer later in the game? I'd kinda bummed if my mastery test glitched out but otherwise that's like 5-10 minutes lost at most.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Not really. The longest non-endless missions are probably quest ones. Maybe if you chained like 10 bounties in a row outside Fortuna without going back inside?

Ambaire posted:

so I got locked into a cycle of fade to black, spawn a bit down, repeat.

Next time try typing /unstuck in chat, because poo poo happens and they already included that as a way out. Doesn't always work, but it's always worth a try. I've had the infinite loop you describe happen to me like, I dunno, 5 times out of thousands of missions. It sucks but it's not common at least. :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 16, 2018

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

...my mastery test ..

Speaking of those.....all new players - please realize that you can and SHOULD practice for these in the relays. Most are trivial - but you don't want to be caught off guard by some of the rougher ones.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mimesweeper posted:

I don't know about consensus but at first glance they look amazing, and I've heard a couple of people say they've built some real monsters.

There's at least one kitgun that, hypothetically, has around 100k DPS.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FileNotFound posted:

Speaking of those.....all new players - please realize that you can and SHOULD practice for these in the relays. Most are trivial - but you don't want to be caught off guard by some of the rougher ones.
I really dont know why they hid that away on a specific location that the game never really makes you visit on another hidden sublevel in a side room. Instead of just having the "practice" option right there in the menu on your ship. Had to go through 3 wiki pages just to find it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

Even if the wiki says that the test is something easy, I'll practice a test a couple times before doing it for real just to be sure.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I really dont know why they hid that away on a specific location that the game never really makes you visit on another hidden sublevel in a side room. Instead of just having the "practice" option right there in the menu on your ship. Had to go through 3 wiki pages just to find it.

Every time you click to do your Mastery test there's a blurb on the screen that says you can practice in Simeris's room. That's how I found it.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Yeah test #5 (the hacking one) was the first one I practiced and I barely passed my practice run with less than a second left. I spent a few seconds trying to figure out that I was supposed to be doing the consoles in order and couldn't just run to any of them, and then stumbled on the very last puzzle for too long. My real attempts I smoked it easily, but it definitely was nice to know what i was doing going in.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I just crafted ciphers for that one

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

nerdz posted:

I just crafted ciphers for that one

I was about 500 hours into warframe when I realized that I could build ciphers 10 at a time.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Probably the best part of the Dev stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJogmjfHxKE&t=2584s

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

FileNotFound posted:

I was about 500 hours into warframe when I realized that I could build ciphers 10 at a time.

What?? I'm only at 300 hours so how do I do this?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

There's a 10x cipher bp in the market

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

There's a 10x cipher bp in the market

WHAT

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh that’s cold DE. The PS4 akvasto relic is being sold by baro, unsure if it’s even available in bounties.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Do you want to blow your mind even more?

You can press 'y' to use a cipher to hack instead of clicking the button.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

My poor, poor dudes who have been spending 10 minutes to craft 10 ciphers :(

FileNotFound posted:

Do you want to blow your mind even more?

You can press 'y' to use a cipher to hack instead of clicking the button.

also this

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Raptor1033 posted:

Oh that’s cold DE. The PS4 akvasto relic is being sold by baro, unsure if it’s even available in bounties.

I got a few from bounties before. I feel like out of the rotations its only on one and the other two are the S4. Just uncommon. I can't find a Lith M2 to save my life though, so much time wasted in the void I started to just do bounties, and even with a 25% shot at it in the last stage and burning through the sections quick I had nothing after like an hour (but I needed cetus rep anyway, so not terrible).

I wanted to go to bed last night but I was in a pub fissure group and some guy kept consistently cracking out rad A5s so I figured I'd stay as long as he did, and after opening like 8 of them without getting the akvasto blueprint I was pretty sad. I hoped he hadn't bought them from Baro.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

Raptor1033 posted:

It's available in the highest tier Cetus bounties. Has a higher drop chance there than Venus, too.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

devinebovine posted:

It's available in the highest tier Cetus bounties. Has a higher drop chance there than Venus, too.

And the cetus bounties are faster too.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Devstream confirmed Dojo skate parks. :krad:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
tenno.zone confirms, 2/3 rotations of Bounties are S4, so that's.... 6 hours between A5 periods?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

devinebovine posted:

You can get at least two of them at a time as bonuses for Venus bounties.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If you're lucky you can get the Axi A5 (or any currently available relic) from cashing in syndicate standing - I always unintentionally end up with a bunch of vaulted relics because of this :haw:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Best way to get Axi A5 right now is to just run Axi relic cracks with pubbies. Every Axi fissure I've done had someone cracking an A5...

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Syndicates were so good for S3s during Nyx&Rhino time.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I got a few from bounties before. I feel like out of the rotations its only on one and the other two are the S4. Just uncommon. I can't find a Lith M2 to save my life though, so much time wasted in the void I started to just do bounties, and even with a 25% shot at it in the last stage and burning through the sections quick I had nothing after like an hour (but I needed cetus rep anyway, so not terrible).

I wanted to go to bed last night but I was in a pub fissure group and some guy kept consistently cracking out rad A5s so I figured I'd stay as long as he did, and after opening like 8 of them without getting the akvasto blueprint I was pretty sad. I hoped he hadn't bought them from Baro.

A5 is on he current drop table. So, good to see it after like three days of checking. And yeah, RNG can be rough like tht

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
You can also get Vasto relics in the void, both the entire Mot line and in the Belenus Defense mission.