Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How much super energy do you get back in pvp with shards? I saw someone get a triple and then have it again the next round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

actionjackson posted:

How much super energy do you get back in pvp with shards? I saw someone get a triple and then have it again the next round.

Depends on how many kills/hits you get. More obviously gets you more, but it's very fickle.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Shards and Ursa should just be banned in comp or pvp in general. Also heavy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

And doomfangs.

And nova warp. loving cheater bullshit, do something about it bungo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

And doomfangs.

Nova Warp isn't a joke. Played against one who got TWO Annihilation medals during one super. Wiped us, zapped to the opposite side of the map in the time it took to respawn and crushed us all a second after reviving.

It's cancer^69.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i sit on blades for nova warps. i don't push with a super, i dont look for multi's. i just sit on it for that guy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

actionjackson posted:

I haven't used Ursa yet. Does it do something beyond "hope your enemies shoot at you"?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lol so bio, gogo, spiv and me roll some gambit and during round one bio loses power and gets dropped. with our git gud pants on we got prime up around the same time as the other team.

gogo recorded him and spiv two manning the prime and you can see me going ham in the kill feed with no heavy lol just a vendor bygones and a Long Walk. lmao at the hunter on the left of the start room sitting in the corner. that had to have felt real loving bad.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pro-gun-control/video/63755353

get hosed on, dorks

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 16, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lol so bio, gogo, spiv and me roll some gambit and during round one bio loses power and gets dropped. with our git gud pants on we got prime up around the same time as the other team.

gogo recorded him and spiv two manning the prime and you can see me going ham in the kill feed with no heavy lol just a vendor bygones and a Long Walk. lmao at the hunter on the left of the start room sitting in the corner. that had to felt real loving bad.

get hosed on, dorks

The way he goes to sit in the corner is amazing.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

xzzy posted:

And doomfangs.

I've avoided complaining about Nova Warp because I figure it'd be met with "git gud lol" poo poo. But yeah, something's gotta be done about that. It's total bullshit.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Can't help but wonder if slowly releasing Armory over the course of the season is bungie trying to draw out a lack of content. I bet they're hoping that keeping it at a steady drip will keep people playing as opposed to them buying it, spending a day on it, realizing it's barely any actual content, then going back to CoD or something

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

gogo recorded him and spiv two manning the prime and you can see me going ham in the kill feed with no heavy lol just a vendor bygones and a Long Walk. lmao at the hunter on the left of the start room sitting in the corner. that had to felt real loving bad.

get hosed on, dorks

So I started playing destiny 2 today, got on this thread for the first time and read this post

This was an intimidating first post to read

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

orange sky posted:

So I started playing destiny 2 today, got on this thread for the first time and read this post

gambit gets you riled the gently caress up!!!

also welcome, some good bros here in this thread.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

orange sky posted:

Heh, destiny 2 is not the most newbie accessible game in the world. Maybe like... The least? Close 2nd behind that car soccer game.

We were playing a mode (gambit) that's basically horde mode or firefight mode, if those terms mean anything to you, with two twists. You're competing against another team who is in a similar firefight arena in a race to kill enough enemies to summon and kill the big boss (Primeval). And intermittently, you can send one player over to the other team's arena to kill them and slow them down.

We basically won a 3 against 4 which is really hard to do, because our invader kicked a lot of rear end and we had a ton of damage potential on our team.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I haven't used Ursa yet. Does it do something beyond "hope your enemies shoot at you"?

That's pretty much it, it's just that people are gonna shoot you, and it gives you back a ton of super energy if they do.

If people learn not to shoot Banner Shields, Ursa will probably lose some of its power in PvP, I think, and you'd have to be smarter about how you use it (like don't guard all the time and pop up your guard real quick if someone tries to snipe or rocket you or something).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
why the gently caress u running ursa when you get 8 million doom fang shield tosses that don't ever miss?

https://i.imgur.com/W5D1tde.gifv

lmao "aiming", who tf does that anymore?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Basically but it's an incredibly stupid concept. You should be able to deal with a super besides just run away.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Basically but it's an incredibly stupid concept. You should be able to deal with a super besides just run away.

nah, it should take concentrated fire and good positioning to bring down a super. they are called supers and its super fun to have that power fantasy of killing everything.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nova warp is the pendulum swing from 2016's "supers make it too easy for bad players to kill skilled players" that gave us vanilla d2 crucible.

Bungie always misses the mark but I like this mistake better.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oh yeah, if they are doing the drawn out thing like they did with the dreaming city I'm all for that. That has been a drat cool thing.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Can't help but wonder if slowly releasing Armory over the course of the season is bungie trying to draw out a lack of content. I bet they're hoping that keeping it at a steady drip will keep people playing as opposed to them buying it, spending a day on it, realizing it's barely any actual content, then going back to CoD or something

More likely, there is content but the new release model now illicits each expansion to remain relevant for longer, bolstering the public perception of the game's value and squashing gripes of content droughts... while also permitting Bungie time to add, alter, etc. to match expectations or merely not gently caress a thing up.

I mean, Bungie will invariably gently caress up anything which can be but overall I appreciate in theory what they're doing here.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

nah, it should take concentrated fire and good positioning to bring down a super. they are called supers and its super fun to have that power fantasy of killing everything.

I agree but you can't shoot down an Ursa without giving them super energy back. That's what I'm saying is so stupid.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

https://i.imgur.com/4osw8Oh.gifv

That’s ~half of a super back right there

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 16, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
84 to 8 lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Holy crap, I can't believe what I'm seeing!!!!

You're playing crucible!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Dennis McClaren posted:

Is Destiny currently an Esports game? Was it ever? Seems like a good candidate. I would honestly be surprised if it wasnt'; but then again I know next to nothing about esports.

Head on over to the Luxor, Las Vegas' premiere (and only) esports arena, to watch Bone Krew square off against the Clowns of PBR on May 5th!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Holy crap, I can't believe what I'm seeing!!!!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah and what he's saying is that it's mad gay to not be able to concentrate fire on a sentinel Titan without giving his super back again which hell I agree with

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
fair

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just ignore it like bubbles in the olden days

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Ursa Furiosa Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Shield Like Nigga Turn Around Haha

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It'd be rad if teammates ever shot through the commander shield, but sadly the Pubbie Instinct upon seeing a friendly super is to put their gun down, pop a squat, and see how this plays out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean the Sentinel can still just throw his shield at you. Ursa Furiosa doesn't prevent you from using your super offensively. It's just that if people start concentrating their fire on you, you get to block it and get your next super a lot faster as a result.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Do you think that by the time I get uriosa furiosa the public will have learned to stop shooting it?

Nah.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

pubbies are still dumping supers into well servants without Harmony

what are we on? week 10?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If your lizard brain doesn't compel you to shoot at the glowing magic purple Shield Man sprinting at you, then you are from another planet and I don't believe you.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Skyburner's Oath should shoot through the sentinel riot shield.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

pubbies are still dumping supers into well servants without Harmony

what are we on? week 10?

It's a wonder how pubbies put their pants on in the morning.

RBA Starblade posted:

Skyburner's Oath should shoot through the sentinel riot shield.

I'd be down for this. Skyburner's got a pretty good buff from the first Exotic once-over, but it needs a little more "oomph."

*E* Heck, let the Wish Ender hyper-penetrate shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

Do you think that by the time I get uriosa furiosa the public will have learned to stop shooting it?

Nah.

I played a comp match last night when I was finishing my lunas where a guy got four in a row because the bluebs on my team couldn't help themselves. Dude was terrible with actual guns.

Supers need some tweaks; for starters the hunters blade panic gets it's damage resistance from the beginning of its animation so it survives a striker slam and shoulder charge and survives a direct hit hammer. This is really dumb since it means it's an instant win even if someone is really dumb about popping it.

Imo scale that back a fraction so the person using it needs some situational awareness.

Nova warp is impossible to out run in a straight line, and has more range in its pop than a striker slam which lol. It also goes through walls and bridges etc that nothing else seems to. It can also survive a point blank shotgun and follow up punch.

Burning maul is 100% useless in PvP. Give it a movement buff or something. Make the spin close distance maybe?

Golden gun still has some hit detection fuckery but it's mostly fine.

Most other stuff seems fine-ish I don't see a lot of spectral blades but it seems ok but I still don't get how their balance has stuff like:
Dawn blade you can throw 10 blades, move super fast everywhere but hammers doesn't get a movement buff. You can throw I think 6 if you spam them (iirc) the projectiles are slower moving and track less but In exchange you get your enemies to explode but it's inconsistent in proccing and doesn't deal as much damage as graviton spooge.

The vanilla supers need a buff to bring them up to the current level. Especially nova bomb.

Weapon balance is pretty good at the moment outside of telesto, you could argue certain dusk rock blues should have their wings clipped too. The range at which it can click your lights out is stupid.

Heavy spawns in comp in general need to gently caress off quite a bit though. It should take twice as long as it does now to spawn up. I played a game last night where a dude got 18 grenade launcher kills because he didn't stop camping the heavy crouched with a grenade launcher and a one eyed mask. Dude could shoot the poo poo out of his grenades but it spawns waaaay too often in comp especially in survival, control and clash.

I dunno. I played a lot of comp in the last 4 days and that mode is far from polished.

Not hard to make the argument some adjustments are needed when you load into games and there's 4 hunters running blade barrage and 3 nova warps.