Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Lego: Age 12 and up, dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lego of my wallet

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Lepin, Mega Construx, and other plastic building toys

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Something AFOL: Jorts appreciation thread

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why does every thread title have to be some stupid joke. Why not just The Lego Thread?

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
The Lego Thread: Why does every thread title have to be some stupid joke?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Why does every thread title have to be some stupid joke. Why not just The Lego Thread?

Why is music way too loud?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sir this is the something awful forums

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Waltzing Along posted:

You're right. The thread title doesn't have to be some stupid joke - it should be a good joke. That's why we agonize so much over it.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
LEGO: The Plural is pronounced Jort

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mega Blocks K'Nex Capsela Construx Lincoln Log Lepin Mega Thread

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Can we go back to being the Sticklebricks Megathread

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sockser posted:

Can we go back to being the Sticklebricks Megathread

This was the best. When it would change every month to being some poo poo variety of construction or craft toy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sockser posted:

Sticklebricks

WOW I had some of these when I was really little, but they were called Bristle Blocks

Haven't thought about those in a while

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The Lego Thread : Darkness! No parents!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The LEGO thread: DIY Cask of Amontillado

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The Meccano Megathread

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Construx Megathread: Tying Strings on 6-sided Nuts

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Detective office and brick bank both retiring. As well as like 200 other sets.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Waltzing Along posted:

The LEGO Thread: Waltzing Along mixes Mega Bloks into their MOCs

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Scipiotik posted:

Detective office and brick bank both retiring. As well as like 200 other sets.

gently caress. Need to find the scrilla for Brick Bank on the quick. :argh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The LEGO Thread: Waltzing Along mixes Mega Bloks into their MOCs

:stare: SHOTS FIRED

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The Lego Thread: Can I buy this with plastic?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LEGOS

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Reported this filth.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

those helmet proportions are way off

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Went for the winter fire station. Got double points, diagon alley freebie and Christmas box freebie. Nearly 700 pieces of free stuff. Good deal.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Any word on if the Ghostbusters firehouse retiring soonish?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DrChud posted:

Any word on if the Ghostbusters firehouse retiring soonish?

There is a word and the word is yes.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Nth Doctor posted:

gently caress. Need to find the scrilla for Brick Bank on the quick. :argh:

I just pulled the trigger on it and back orders are still being accepted on the Lego shop site. Mine will ship by the 27th. Go go go!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The 40305 lego store just arrived at my local store. The clerk literally put it front of me as I was checking out the seasonal / specialty shelf.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Scipiotik posted:

Went for the winter fire station. Got double points, diagon alley freebie and Christmas box freebie. Nearly 700 pieces of free stuff. Good deal.

I went out and finally got Ninjago City because of this post. Nice going!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Been kinda putting off posting in this thread since my collection isn't Lego pure.

All my childhood (80's-90's) I had Legos, bins and bins full, and some of those damned Tyco bricks that never fit anything. They were my coping device. School sucked, I got bullied a lot, but Legos I could lose myself in. When I hit my early 20's my folks decided it was intervention time. I'd just bought a bunch of X-wings and Y-wings and was busy building a big hangar MOC. Went to visit my folks at their request and they dropped the hammer while my uncle had gone to my house and was dumping my collections into bins to haul off to donate to some brat.
I just never really felt the urge since for a long time to restart the collection. At the time Legos on the internet wasn't a thing. I lost tons of stuff, from the old classic pirates, city, space, and castle stuff to the just released Star Wars stuff.
This year after seeing what I missed out on I got back in. Started buying bulk stuff off ebay, bought the city crawler crane because I love cranes. But I missed so much stuff, and the prices shot sky high.
Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your views) other companies made knock off sets, so I picked up a copy of the city tower crane, the newer Imperial Flagship, and one of the old in between style pirate ships after the first runs. Lepin and Enlighten.
Then some huge self propelled artillery model from Xingbao, but gave up on it because the delicate assembly made it a display only thing.
Got a few Cobi tank builds, then back to the pirates thing with some Enlighten fort sets.
And of course hit up Bricklink more often than I care to admit to buy all kinds of random pieces to further build, or just because, because I can.

My folks have stopped by once for my birthday since I got back on the kick and just sighed "He's at it again"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
:chloe: loving sever, who the gently caress goes and literally steals your poo poo like that? It's not even that it's legos, I would never associate with someone who thinks "yes, I will plan this scheme to lure them out so my brother can go and steal their stuff" even if they're my parents. gently caress that.

hmmm this one thing brings him happiness in his otherwise terrible life? instead of helping him figure things out, let me literally rob him of the single joy he has

edit: I know that it was a while ago, but holy gently caress, that's a hosed up thing to do to your kid, and to actually go to their house and break in and take the stuff? y i k e s, I'm guessing they never apologized for it either

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 18, 2018

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If you're in a revenge sort of mood, do the same thing to them. That poo poo was not cool of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You should throw out something they enjoy and see how much they like it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Invictus posted:

:chloe: loving sever, who the gently caress goes and literally steals your poo poo like that? It's not even that it's legos, I would never associate with someone who thinks "yes, I will plan this scheme to lure them out so my brother can go and steal their stuff" even if they're my parents. gently caress that.

hmmm this one thing brings him happiness in his otherwise terrible life? instead of helping him figure things out, let me literally rob him of the single joy he has

edit: I know that it was a while ago, but holy gently caress, that's a hosed up thing to do to your kid, and to actually go to their house and break in and take the stuff? y i k e s, I'm guessing they never apologized for it either

My family's sort of messed up, yeah. I feel like most of my childhood was being raised with tips from Rosanne and Married with Children.
I didn't talk with them for a long time after. I mean I was in my 20's, but that just made me retract back into the corner again once my coping tool was gone. I had plastic models to sort of fill the void, anything that let me build really. But no, I've not been very social with my family since then.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
That really sucks. I had a middling LEGO collection gifted away by parents but it wasn’t malicious like that and at the time I didn’t notice. One of the space monorails, some aquanaughts, space cops, that first big Technic car. They saved some knex though. :flaccid: It’s only decades after the fact that I’m starting to recall some of the niftier sets and regretting the loss as I’ve rebuilt a LEGO collection for the kids and myself. Gotta find some tiny joy in this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow that's a hosed up thing to do to someone. Doesn't even really matter that it's Lego.