Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

ruddiger posted:

haha wtf some sweet little old man came up to my car window while I was waiting for the light to change green, waved good morning to me and started saying "You know who I love? DONALD TRUMP! And you know who I hate? GANG MEMBERS AND LIBERALS." I was just like uh... alright old timer, good for you, just get out of the street so I can make this turn.

Happy Friday everyone!

Not that sweet, surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is so loving loveable

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Helios & Matheson lost $137 million in Q3 and will be de-listed from the stock exchange if its price doesn't get over a dollar by December 18 (the NASDAQ has said they are giving the company no further extensions; the stock currently trades at 1.7 cents). RIP MoviePass.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Do I leave my house tonight and go catch Skate Kitchen or do I stay in and maybe watch Ballad of Buster Scruggs or something on Filmstruck?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

TrixRabbi posted:

Do I leave my house tonight and go catch Skate Kitchen or do I stay in and maybe watch Ballad of Buster Scruggs or something on Filmstruck?

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/1063484480902623232?s=21

Watch this be more successful than the real Dark Universe.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Boo Berry is my bae so I'm there. If they end up making more than one of these I'm prepared to declare it a success over the Dark Universe.

Also: Boo Bae or Bae Berry?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

A literal cardboard box of Count Chocula would have more screen presence than Luke Evans so I'm down for it.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

hmmmm

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Buster Scruggs is mostly entertaining but almost all of the stories are very thin. Didn’t it turn out that it was never intended to be a miniseries at all? That definitely fits because these would not have worked as individual episodes.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

I've been told to be sure to watch it in one sitting as it all connects at the end. But also, I dunno there's still something about it where I'm not super excited for it, just more so going to watch it out of Coen completionism since I've seen every other thing they've done. Hoping it surprises me.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

https://twitter.com/dannydevito/status/1063495379952394240?s=21

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of that.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Egbert Souse posted:

RIP William Goldman

The Princess Bride, Misery, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, dude had some hits. RIP to a real one.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Friends Are Evil posted:

Boycott this poo poo until those assholes start making Fruity Yummy Mummy again.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Friends Are Evil posted:

I don't think these cereals are sold outside NA, so their scope is somewhat limited.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Boycott this poo poo until those assholes start making Fruity Yummy Mummy again.

He'll be in the post-credits stinger.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mierenneuker posted:

I don't think these cereals are sold outside NA, so their scope is somewhat limited.

Not necessarily, very, very few people gave a poo poo about Iron-Man before the movie. It probably had more international recognition than Count Chocula, but not by much.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skwirl posted:

Not necessarily, very, very few people gave a poo poo about Iron-Man before the movie. It probably had more international recognition than Count Chocula, but not by much.

Nowadays it's hard to remember how totally b-tier Iron Man was. The only reason Marvel made an Iron Man movie was because they licensed out the rights to all of their popular characters and Iron Man was the best of what they had left.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The Princess Bride, Misery, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, dude had some hits. RIP to a real one.

Maverick, Marathon Man, Magic, A Bridge Too Far, All the Presidents Men etc.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TrixRabbi posted:

I've been told to be sure to watch it in one sitting as it all connects at the end.

This most definitely does not happen

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1063523391569895424

the_tasman_series
Apr 20, 2017

Looks like streaming is good again!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm going to be the first person to whine for a PS4 app.

Actually gently caress that. Bring it to Switch.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

so tempted to do the annual right now, holy poo poo

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Signed up. $100/year is a loving steal, let alone the discounted $90 for charter members.

I used to have Hulu mainly for the Criterion stuff and that didn't even include all the OOP titles and laserdisc ports, supplements, and exclusive videos.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

TrixRabbi posted:

I've been told to be sure to watch it in one sitting as it all connects at the end. But also, I dunno there's still something about it where I'm not super excited for it, just more so going to watch it out of Coen completionism since I've seen every other thing they've done. Hoping it surprises me.

It's playing at a single theater here in DC, so I'm trying to see it there if I can. Granted, the theater itself is not great, so I may just see it on Netflix anyway.

Oh gently caress yeah. I signed up for this pretty much immediately when I saw it and you should too.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

His book Adventures In The Screen Trade is also fantastic. (As is Which Lie Did I Tell?).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

therattle posted:

Not that sweet, surely?

Nah, that old geezer was sweeter than a creampuff. I've had poo poo said to my face that was way worse, he wasn't really about that action. Dude was practically trembling when he said "gang members and liberals," I should've asked that him if he needed a hug or something, poor little guy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The olds know we could crush them in a heartbeat and that they serve no purpose other than being a living memento mori so they are incapable of feeling anything other than constant terror.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CPL593H posted:

The Halloween drink from Starbucks this year tasted just like Yummy Mummy and it hosed me up.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FreudianSlippers posted:

The olds know we could crush them in a heartbeat and that they serve no purpose other than being a living memento mori so they are incapable of feeling anything other than constant terror.

What's the deal with how the main candidates in America for 2020 all seem to be loving ancient?

Trump will be 74 and the three main Democrats will be 80 (Sanders), 76 (Biden) and 74 (Warren).

Is there nobody under the age of 60 who could run on either side?

Seriously, people made jokes about McCain being old and he was, what, 72 when he ran?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cmd+Shift+4 btw

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the deal with how the main candidates in America for 2020 all seem to be loving ancient?

Trump will be 74 and the three main Democrats will be 80 (Sanders), 76 (Biden) and 74 (Warren).

Kamala Harris is 54, there's probably a Governor or 2 who will throw their hat in the ring.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Escobarbarian posted:

Cmd+Shift+4 btw

That's not cool and grungy lookin' though

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Skwirl posted:

Kamala Harris is 54, there's probably a Governor or 2 who will throw their hat in the ring.

Cory Booker isn’t old either but god help us if he’s the nominee. Gillibrand also seems likely to run.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose in Britain there are two "major" party leaders who are under 50. They're both 48 and neither of them is actually an MP; I guess the SNP's leader in parliament is 49. But beyond that we have May, Corbyn and I suppose Vince Cable who are respectively 62, 69 and 70.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Seriously, people made jokes about McCain being old and he was, what, 72 when he ran?

Are they confirmed to be running? Warren in particular has said a few times that she isn't interested in a presidential run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CPL593H posted:

Are they confirmed to be running? Warren in particular has said a few times that she isn't interested in a presidential run.

I am an ignorant non-American and they are just the ones I would have assumed were most likely to try. They're the ones I sometimes see people talking about on the Internet; I don't really see anyone else getting talked about.

I don't really know American politicians other than a) the headliners; and b) ones who have been dead for 100 years. The youngest person ever to get the nod from a major party to my knowledge was William Jennings Bryan. I think he was the absolute minimum age you could be at the time (I don't know - have they put it up since then? Lowered it? I haven't a clue).

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 17, 2018