Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Ex3 is crunchy but had legitimately exciting, innovative base mechanical systems. Even Crafting, which is kinda bloated and uneven, does legitimately attempt something new and interesting in the 'crunchy fantasy RPG' space. It will never be to everyone's taste but I'm very glad it exists, because it is to mine.

2e was just so painfully flawed and uninspired that its only meaningful innovation (outside of the weirder secondary sourcebooks, which did some interesting ancillary things) became the thing that destroyed its mechanics beyond repair.

Exalted 3 decided that 2 was too simple and had too few Charms, so they just multiplied them by like 2.5 with a gigantic assload of uneccesary granularity and now like 80% of charms are just minor boosts to rolls.

Like, the core engine might be better, but that alone is a huge no-sell for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So far I am loving KILLBOSS's fighting style of do a move once
Then do it harder

Fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand ways to slam your face into the wall once

Rather, fear the man who has practiced one way to slam your face into the wall ten thousand times

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Then do it harder

After doing an airborne 270-degree turn, too, since Allison's face started in front of him, came around behind him, and ended up to the right of him

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF KILLBOSS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KILLBOSS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I KICK DOWN SOME CHEEKY HUMAN OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A WALL. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SHOVED THE RISING KING FACE FIRST THROUGH A STEEL PLATE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SECRET SYLLABLES OF ROYALTY AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Not quite Clay Tablet, but good effort!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Mimesweeper posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A RISING KING INTO MASONRY

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
haha, i think you did it better than i did. noticed after the post that it breaks more like rocks than metal but it was too late to stealth edit.

also that'd make a hell of a thread title. mods???

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Xand_Man posted:

:perfect:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hell yes that's a title

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Xand_Man posted:

Patware posted:

hell yes that's a title

Yes. Please make this title change happen. Not that the current title isn't appropriate, but this is too good to not be immortalized.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Too long, I think.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

PMush Perfect posted:

Too long, I think.

You could shorten the name of the comic in the title to K6BD to make it fit.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
K6BD - OPEN PALM SLAM A RISING KING INTO MASONRY is short, and you could drop the ‘into masonry’ too. Something will stick.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
K6BD: a rude, renegade, and unrefined style,

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lame this dude is obviously just mashing the same two moves over and over

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Truly the martial-arts master most reviled in my youth.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If you keep falling for the same command grab, you have to level up your Yomi

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Then do it harder

Brute force solves all problems. If it doesn't, you're not using enough of it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

K6BD - Drop Kick Yisuns.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
But have you seen the size zipper pockets on those intensely toned glutes?

Yeah they just got curbstomped and all, but lets focus on the fashion choice.

I wonder if it was intentional that Allisons magus bubble over her head turns into a heart shape when she saw white chain

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-2-25/

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1063676298533441536

:vince:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah that's some good stuff.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
:sloppy:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

:mediocre:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

:sbahj:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Alas, Smashy Ramone

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
White chain's standard attack seems to be stomping on peoples heads regardless of how upright they are like loving mario.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

While Allison's spent the whole year levelling up in buffness, White Chain has spent it levelling up their fashion game

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Motherfucker posted:

White chain's standard attack seems to be stomping on peoples heads regardless of how upright they are like loving mario.

Which to their disappointment Allison has yet to master, what with all the faffing about with empty palms and getting knocked through walls and the like.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Motherfucker posted:

She’s in constant statue transform. I imagine it’s a rather effective technique.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
White Chain better take a long rear end time to lecture Allison

all the while standing one-foot on KILLBOSS's chin as he's stuck, arched and flailing

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Also, whoever called this as the actual training, props.

Fight crime, 10 reps. It makes perfect sense when training under an angel

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"You have been japed my friends" would also make a good thread title btw.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

M. Propagandalf posted:

White Chain better take a long rear end time to lecture Allison
It'll be White Chain barking orders at Allison as she fights Kill Boss.

Meanwhile Vash sneaks away so he can get owned again in a later book.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DYNAMIC ENTRY~!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I really like Kill Boss. He strikes me as the kind've demon who would be totally down being the cobra-kai to Allison for a brief karate fight.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I'm just glad that after one year of training Allison is not actually martial arts Jesus. This seems like a good amount of progress, but not too much.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just added Volume 1 to my Amazon christmas wishlist, since I have the original, small one. But I noticed that Amazon also lists that Volume 3 is available for pre-order, with a release date of March 12 next year.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

IUG posted:

I just added Volume 1 to my Amazon christmas wishlist, since I have the original, small one. But I noticed that Amazon also lists that Volume 3 is available for pre-order, with a release date of March 12 next year.

Volume one is eh.... not great. The art doesn't look like it was created at a high enough resolution to fit the format. I can take some pictures of it if you'd like to see it before you buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I got a copy of volume one from the original run (complete with a couple of typos and pre-retouch panels) but I've moved house twice since then and I can't remember where it got stashed :(

Anyhow it's good poo poo and I can't wait to buy the whole story and then corrupt my sister's children by gifting it to them slightly before what might be considered an appropriate age :buddy:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 17, 2018