Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

areyoucontagious posted:

I’m sure this got posted already, but:

https://twitter.com/riotwomennn/status/1063544689280856071?s=21

It’s amazing. In a bad way, sure, but it is truly amazing :allears:

“I was in a certain state, and I won’t say which one (because it didn’t happen or my mush brain forgot).”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondii
May 31, 2003
King of The Cider Farm

cheetah7071 posted:

why carve out an exemption for religious headwear instead of just allowing all hats

The future liberals want!!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bondii posted:

this but unironically

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

eke out posted:

Seems like there's a lot of dangers involved in pleading guilty, namely being murdered by Russian agents.

Isn't WITSEC pretty good though?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm kinda surprised there's never been a Jewish rep that wore a kippah.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
In few elections, there will be some freshmen Republicans that want to wear their trilbys.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I expect some chud fucker to make a dumb "protest" if this passes by wearing an ostentatious hat and claiming it's his religious headwear.

Bondii posted:

Yeah, like this.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Lycus posted:

In few elections, there will be some freshmen Republicans that want to wear their trilbys.

You know if Roy Moore made it in he'd insist on the cowboy hat

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Prester Jane posted:

You called me out specifically for not voting you disingenuous piece of poo poo. Quote me where I have ever done anything you accused me of or retract it. I'm done with this nonsense.

God drat there's no difference at all between arguing with you and arguing with any Republican. It's all personal insults and accusations and then when called on to present evidence you deny you ever did what you just did and then accuse a bunch of unspecified others of being the people you were really accusing. gently caress you.

Also just LOL at the idea that you're in a lie. All you do is punch left with basically every post you make. You have the audacity to accuse me of hurting minorities when I'm a loving disabled transwoman who's out on the front lines doing whatever she can to make life better for all of us. You are a worthless privileged fuckwit who should sit down and shut up until you have spent at least 15 minutes outside of that privilege little bubble you exist in.

You're not an ally. Stop pretending otherwise.

I was replying to the general Dems are a waste argument which you jumped in to defend, my argument wasn't specifically with you but rather at the general attitude of Dems are bad and the nihilism inherent in that continual argument.

That said this idea that I should just sit down and shut up because I don't happen to be a member of a minority or else I'm not an ally is :catdrugs: for one it implies that there is uniformity of opinion among oppressed groups on what their problems and preferred solutions happen to be which is pretty arrogant for anyone to claim. I guess I'm not supposed to be critical of Herman Cain or Caitlyn Jenner because I'm a white guy and they are members of an oppressed minority? Yeah whatever. Being considered an equal and ally doesn't mean that people have to defer to you. Or should we have all deferred to MAGA Kanye?

I'm not saying that I know better how to address the issues of minorities. I'm saying that engaging in a circular firing squad and endless infighting isn't helpful to anyone, particularly when that fire is directed at the better Democrats of whom Pelosi is one.

Also privilege or not I actually do care what happens to people who don't happen to be CIS gendered straight white men, I have a family including an autistic child and a daughter who sure as gently caress can be affected by this stuff, I don't know what their gender identity and sexuality will end up being so I have a vested interest in helping to create a world where it doesn't matter and won't result in them being discriminated against. I have friends who are minorities too that I care what happens to. Plus I actually do have empathy for all people regardless of where they are from because I'm an empathetic human being.

Also what the gently caress are we even fighting about? You are taking offense because you are internalizing what was intended as a general response to a particular belief and attitude that you've already said you don't hold. It's a little tiring that this is your go to rhetorical devices to shut down debate. You find a way to take offense and then accuse someone else of being privileged as your argument to discount their position rather than actually addressing their argument. You're a big girl and I'm not going to argue with you like you are some porcelain doll who can't hold her own. This isn't a discussion about things that affect LGBT people alone, this is a general discussion of politics as it exists in the United States so my dumb privileged rear end is affected by it too and as I didn't have any more choice in being born with this privilege I'm not going to shut up just because you disagree with my opinions. You are welcome to make your arguments and if I find them compelling I'm open to change but as a human being living on this planet with you I have plenty of skin in the game as well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

enraged_camel posted:

Uh, where did it go? You didn't mod-delete it, did you?

I never posted it, it's on al-sura though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crain posted:

I expect some chud fucker to make a dumb "protest" if this passes by wearing an ostentatious hat and claiming it's his religious headwear.

Yeah, like this.

Maga hat

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

my dude sometimes it's wise to just stop digging

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Def qualifies as a sincerely held religious belief.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1heObgMgyA

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Friday evening news drop

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Skex posted:

I was replying to the general Dems are a waste argument which you jumped in to defend, my argument wasn't specifically with you but rather at the general attitude of Dems are bad and the nihilism inherent in that continual argument.

That said this idea that I should just sit down and shut up because I don't happen to be a member of a minority or else I'm not an ally is :catdrugs: for one it implies that there is uniformity of opinion among oppressed groups on what their problems and preferred solutions happen to be which is pretty arrogant for anyone to claim. I guess I'm not supposed to be critical of Herman Cain or Caitlyn Jenner because I'm a white guy and they are members of an oppressed minority? Yeah whatever. Being considered an equal and ally doesn't mean that people have to defer to you. Or should we have all deferred to MAGA Kanye?

I'm not saying that I know better how to address the issues of minorities. I'm saying that engaging in a circular firing squad and endless infighting isn't helpful to anyone, particularly when that fire is directed at the better Democrats of whom Pelosi is one.

Also privilege or not I actually do care what happens to people who don't happen to be CIS gendered straight white men, I have a family including an autistic child and a daughter who sure as gently caress can be affected by this stuff, I don't know what their gender identity and sexuality will end up being so I have a vested interest in helping to create a world where it doesn't matter and won't result in them being discriminated against. I have friends who are minorities too that I care what happens to. Plus I actually do have empathy for all people regardless of where they are from because I'm an empathetic human being.

Also what the gently caress are we even fighting about? You are taking offense because you are internalizing what was intended as a general response to a particular belief and attitude that you've already said you don't hold. It's a little tiring that this is your go to rhetorical devices to shut down debate. You find a way to take offense and then accuse someone else of being privileged as your argument to discount their position rather than actually addressing their argument. You're a big girl and I'm not going to argue with you like you are some porcelain doll who can't hold her own. This isn't a discussion about things that affect LGBT people alone, this is a general discussion of politics as it exists in the United States so my dumb privileged rear end is affected by it too and as I didn't have any more choice in being born with this privilege I'm not going to shut up just because you disagree with my opinions. You are welcome to make your arguments and if I find them compelling I'm open to change but as a human being living on this planet with you I have plenty of skin in the game as well.

Is this sourced from Reddit?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skex posted:

:chloe:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What do people like about Pelosi? Genuinely curious. She's not good at keeping the party together when it comes to voting. She doesn't stand up to Republicans much. She doesn't help win elections for the party. Her wealth has largely been built on corruption. And the thing I see touted as a positive is her ability to raise money. But that's only because she'll sell out to any corporation willing to donate.

I'm not looking for ideological pure Speaker or anything. I just don't understand what people have seen in her leadership that they feel is good.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Party Plane Jones posted:

I never posted it, it's on al-sura though.

Those images are fake

https://twitter.com/Abdalla_Salmi/status/1063570310220472320

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How graphic are the photos of the reporter?

Edit: lol never mind

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
I like Pelosi because she doesn't post about herself in this thread.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Friday evening news drop

What should the US do?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just can’t wrap my mind around how someone outright forgets that they need to vote for Senate.

That's the thought process that's been going through my head over this one. Like there's a lot of DUMB voters out there but I'm pretty sure Fox News told the Chud ones what senators to vote for and you'd think the vast majority of them would be like "hmmm...I seem to have forgotten to vote for something important" no matter how dumb you are. I mean if you can go through the process of registering to vote, getting your ballot at your polling station and bothering to vote you'd think you'd be smart enough to make sure you if nothing else vote for your senator, house rep and governor.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Honestly I'm just frustrated that here we have this huge victory taking the house and because of lovely 3rd way conservative Democrats (who might as well be loving Republicans) are sewing disunity and feeding into the media's "Dems are in disarray" narrative undermining the ability of Democrats to actually effectively counter the Fash and yet we still have posters itt who are directing their anger at the left wing of the party rather than the actual shitdems who are loving things up.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

why carve out an exemption for religious headwear instead of just allowing all hats

So the Republicans will say "Hey you should allow all hats instead, bet you didn't think of that libtards!" and the Democrats can say "Ok."

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1063200881850630144

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

She’s already denied this.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Iirc, AOC said this was fake news

Efb

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

yronic heroism posted:

“I was in a certain state, and I won’t say which one (because it didn’t happen or my mush brain forgot).”

I'm actually surprised that he's working on weekends now. He hasn't been to Mar a Lago in months, has he?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Beaten but with the tweet

https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1063215042517188608?s=21

AOC has been playing nice so far and making a lot of headway. The whole narrative of her being a disruptive brat is right wing bullshit.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Man the media really loves drat well making poo poo up about Ocasio-Cortez this week holy poo poo. :stare:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Kale posted:

Man the media really loves drat well making poo poo up about Ocasio-Cortez this week holy poo poo. :stare:

Gotta discredit her early. You know how the right-wing hate machine works.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What should the US do?

Stop sucking Salman's cock?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Skex posted:

Honestly I'm just frustrated that here we have this huge victory taking the house and because of lovely 3rd way conservative Democrats (who might as well be loving Republicans) are sewing disunity and feeding into the media's "Dems are in disarray" narrative undermining the ability of Democrats to actually effectively counter the Fash and yet we still have posters itt who are directing their anger at the left wing of the party rather than the actual shitdems who are loving things up.
I'm pretty sure literally no-one in this thread hates Pelosi more than the problem children - it's just that no-one here is defending them, so there's nothing to fight about and it's not as obvious.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that psycho navy seal's defense of posing with the dead teen he stabbed to death is that the kid died in a air strike. it's still a war crime to mistreat bodies.

sir i am not guilty of that! i'm guilty of THIS!

Kale
May 14, 2010

areyoucontagious posted:

I’m sure this got posted already, but:

https://twitter.com/riotwomennn/status/1063544689280856071?s=21

It’s amazing. In a bad way, sure, but it is truly amazing :allears:

My eyes kind of glazed back into my head partway through and then I came back after I realized the clip ended and was like "wait what the gently caress was he talking about?" I assume this was intentional.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Groovelord Neato posted:

that psycho navy seal's defense of posing with the dead teen he stabbed to death is that the kid died in a air strike. it's still a war crime to mistreat bodies.

sir i am not guilty of that! i'm guilty of THIS!

I think getting one's photo taken with anything that is dead is a strong sign of severe psychopathy.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Niwrad posted:

What do people like about Pelosi? Genuinely curious. She's not good at keeping the party together when it comes to voting. She doesn't stand up to Republicans much. She doesn't help win elections for the party. Her wealth has largely been built on corruption. And the thing I see touted as a positive is her ability to raise money. But that's only because she'll sell out to any corporation willing to donate.

I'm not looking for ideological pure Speaker or anything. I just don't understand what people have seen in her leadership that they feel is good.

At this point if Pramila Jayapal has her back who am I to argue?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kale posted:

My eyes kind of glazed back into my head partway through and then I came back after I realized the clip ended and was like "wait what the gently caress was he talking about?" I assume this was intentional.

trump is "trying to pad a paper to ten pages when you didn't do the research" given flesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skex posted:

I get scared when we agree