Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Splicer posted:

No reason he didn't duplicate both

You have a point, there. Creating two duplicates lets Loup keep the /real/ Annie in the forest with him, regardless of the outcome of negotiations with the court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

karmicknight posted:

It's hard to tell, they both have British accents.

Check the teeth.

maltesh posted:

You have a point, there. Creating two duplicates lets Loup keep the /real/ Annie in the forest with him, regardless of the outcome of negotiations with the court.

If there was no meaningful distinction between the two, Loup would have no reason to want Annie Prime to stay in the forest with him. There is some difference. We just don't know what the nature of that distinction is.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

maltesh posted:

But that wouldn't be as much fun, which is the actual point of all of this. The entire game being played by Coyote is "Can Loup (who is actually me, Coyote, even though he doesn't remember it) convince Annie to leave the Court for the Forest". Making a duplicate Annie who's staying with him wouldn't count.

Coyote didn't need those pieces to keep the Forest running, but "Loup" is convinced he does, because it's more fun for Coyote that way.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Splicer posted:

Which one got the recessive genes?

Kat trained all her life for this moment

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Coyote being able to just casually duplicate fire elemental spirit and thus being able to easily save Surma, but not doing so becouse he is Coyote, would be pretty interesting curveball. Tommy and Annie would not react well to that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Why would Coyote care? He would only do it as a trick and end up hurting someone, such as in Rey's case.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Y'all people speculating that court Annie isn't fake are gonna feel real dumb in 20 pages when she turns into a tree and starts attacking everyone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Assuming the two Annies melt back together somehow, how would that effect her studies? Did she pass the semester, or would she fail, since she basically missed half her courses?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Clam Chowdown posted:

Y'all people speculating that court Annie isn't fake are gonna feel real dumb in 20 pages when she turns into a tree and starts attacking everyone.

Jokes on you, I feel dumb in every page :smug:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

She gets all of both memories, which won't be that disorienting as it evens out to just an extra few hours at most. Then everything is fine and everyone is happy. :)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
They're both fake, the real one is still hanging out with Loup.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They're both real but Loup is fake

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the court is fake, and so are you.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The whole world is fake. This is just a trick to make Annie reveal the thing Loup knows Coyote deliberately forgot.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Warmachine posted:

Check the teeth.

If there was no meaningful distinction between the two, Loup would have no reason to want Annie Prime to stay in the forest with him. There is some difference. We just don't know what the nature of that distinction is.

Following up on the idea that we're seeing Annie split into Court and Forest editions, "our" Annie will want to stay in the Court, but won't be trusted there in some fashion by the authorities. Court Annie will want to go to the Forest, but Loup wants "our Annie, not the "fake" he made (even though both are real).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ymgve posted:

The whole world is fake. This is just a trick to make Annie reveal the thing Loup knows Coyote deliberately forgot.

That would actually be a pretty amazing twist. It would be just like that one episode of Invader Zim where Zim traps Dib in a virtual reality machine and has him fake live out his entire so he can get him to admit he through a muffin at Zim's head earlier that day.

...I haven't watched invader Zim in over a decade, why can I still remember that episode (and only that episode for some reason) with perfect clarity?

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Forest Annie just leaning back and saying “she’s OBVIOUSLY fake, duh” was a good panel

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think court!annies hair situation is just her hair being cut again

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Loup has closed the Annan Waters ravine. And stopped time in the Forest and only the Forest. And put the Avatar Of Earth on orbit.
Coyote has pulled the moon from the sky and let Annie poke it.

What makes you think that "they are both real Annies" isn't in the realm of possibility for Gods? I think that the problem is that there's no fake Annie, it's now 2 Annies. There will be no fusion of soul and body, the reality of 2 Annies is something everyone in the comic will have to deal with from now on. The panel where Forest Annie looks through the Ether at Court Annie, and sees the fire elemental spirit is kinda a confirmation of that.

Now the question of names comes up, how do we differentiate between them?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Antione and Antwomony

Tone and Tony

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Annie 1 and Annie A.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tollymain posted:

i think court!annies hair situation is just her hair being cut again

Pretty bold theory you got there.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the actual twist is gonna be when the real anthony walks in

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Everyone else isn't real, the whole story is just Tony staring into a snowglobe.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

Everyone isn't real, the whole story is just Tom staring into a drawing tablet

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

A-nnie and B-nnie, of course.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Anti and Mony.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Last Visible Dog posted:

A-nnie and B-nnie, of course.

A2nnie and 2Bnnie

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

The first one has her normal name, the second is Ann Reily.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Get real creepy and call one of them Surma

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPDlv3zr_cM
Space Annie.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Annie and Innie

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Annie and Einna.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Antimony and Yttrina

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
The one from the court is Rocky, the one from the forest is Woody.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Antimony and Ynomitna.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Fatty and Lady Tubsalot

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The one from the forest can be "Annie A"

The one who stayed at the court can be "The Fighting Mongoose"

That way everyone will be happy!

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
I like how Jones has been missing for 6 months and nobody was even concerned because, hey, it's Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It's not the "Staying Around Eye"