Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

cheese posted:

I realized playing at a 20 for mouse sensitivity was probably holding me back and moved it up to 70. God help me, I'm so bad now. Did I make the right move?

That’s extremely high unless your mouse is at like 100DPI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

O. Henry O-Face posted:

Just had my best game ever. Played as medic and got my first jb-2 or w/e call in. We lost every single day because of my awful team...

Especially on front lines where 2 full squads of snipers sat in the church on twisted metal which is 3 feet from the capture zone while we almost captured it without their help. Then some famous pubg streamer joined the other team and they took all our objectives in one go.

Oh well I did some cool medic stuff I guess.

Do you happen to know if it was shroud? If so I might have seen that

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
On a standard conquest 64, what would you say the best strategy is for an organized squad?

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Cap points that the main pubbie zerg is ignoring

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RE: Bugs, anybody still buying a battlefield game at launch (or god forbid, a paid beta) really should know what they’re getting by this point

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

KingKapalone posted:

On a standard conquest 64, what would you say the best strategy is for an organized squad?

- Stay away from the church. Yes, on both maps with a church.
- As was said, cap the points the pubbies are ignoring and keep moving from ignored point to ignored point.
- Have a medic with smoke.
- Don't split up.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Is the assignment for Airborne mode completely broken or is it just me? I've tried the "Down 5 Transport planes as an Allied soldier" about half a dozen times now, and it never once counted. The alternative would be planting explosives with your squad as Axis, but that only seems to happen once in a blue moon.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Big issue with the game: I can't do my normal control scheme of melee to mousewheel up and primary/secondary swap on mousewheel down. It bugs out the melee if I try so I have to pick between stabbing or swapping and gently caress you game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Big issue with the game: I can't do my normal control scheme of melee to mousewheel up and primary/secondary swap on mousewheel down. It bugs out the melee if I try so I have to pick between stabbing or swapping and gently caress you game.

I always go with primary on mousewheel up and secondary down and works perfectly since BF3 (in BC2 I had to use an external app to macro the wheel to key buttons).

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i drove a tank into the second story of a building and crushed two snipers before the building collapsed under me, dropping me down onto their medic, wiping their squad

goty

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rusty posted:

BF4 had terrible server connection issues and all sorts of netcode issues. BFV has all sorts of dumb bugs, but at least you can play.

Well, not with the menu disappearing bug, but yeah, it took like six months at least to fix the worst BF4 issues and another six to balance a whole range of things. BFV is comparatively solid.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Never forget "Something went wrong".

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It sucks that they fixed the G3+MASS thing on BF3. EU goon crew were MASSing entire servers.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

KingKapalone posted:

Alternatively, stay with and support the main pubbie zerg and drown in points and revives and actually win. Only break off when it looks like the meat grinder is in full effect and your team needs a new approach.

All central points are a trap, sometimes the entire team will defend E on Arras and while it feels good to hold the town it ultimately isn't worth any more than other points.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
When playing as brits on Hamada during operations I take it upon myself to clear the skies of arrogant Junker scrubs. The salty tears are quite something to behold.

Spitfire MkVa with 8 MGs is incredibly powerful. You see a German and that German be dead.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

KE7
Stg44

The medic guns are kind of meh unless you're playing super close and getting the jump on the enemies, then the Sten is solid for putting bullets on heads but be aware it's not a dang assault rifle and you're gonna need like 6 clean hits on the dome to drop someone.

I feel like the Lewis gun is better than KE7 in everything but hip fire and even hip fire on the Lewis is still 'ok' compared to MG34.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Noctone posted:

That’s extremely high unless your mouse is at like 100DPI.
I dropped it back down to 40, much better. I just have to accept my old age and play hip fire SMG medic and MG42 support dood I guess.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

cheese posted:

I dropped it back down to 40, much better. I just have to accept my old age and play hip fire SMG medic and MG42 support dood I guess.

Jesus that sounds insanely high, I run at about 10-15% and my DPI set to 800

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cheese posted:

Hip fire smg medic is the run and gun stuff though. Just turn your sensitivity down low and you'll get used to it, okay yeah you don't have the neuroplasticity of a 15 year old but you also cant play games all day, which is way more inportant for building skills than being young. If you just play the game and learn positioning and have good aim skills to back it up, then you'll do way better than human aimbot children with excellent aim skills just durdling about.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

When playing as brits on Hamada during operations I take it upon myself to clear the skies of arrogant Junker scrubs. The salty tears are quite something to behold.

Spitfire MkVa with 8 MGs is incredibly powerful. You see a German and that German be dead.

Unless it's a Junkers with the upgraded passenger guns. Those loving things can still kill you in half the time it takes to kill it back. :argh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think I'm at like 1200 DPI and 20%

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I found out that Field repair on my Bomber is just worse than emergency repair. Fixing the wings/engine doesn't really help much since I can't win a dogfight. I gotta level this thing up to 4 and start the entire progression over just to fix this mistake?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

eonwe posted:

1200 DPI and 20%

:same:

Tried 1600 DPI at first but was always overcorrecting in ADS.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I found out that Field repair on my Bomber is just worse than emergency repair. Fixing the wings/engine doesn't really help much since I can't win a dogfight. I gotta level this thing up to 4 and start the entire progression over just to fix this mistake?

Yup. Your choices are locked in until you can reset.

You don't grind exp all over, you just switch immediately. You just need four to reset the choices.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kaddish posted:

I feel like the Lewis gun is better than KE7 in everything but hip fire and even hip fire on the Lewis is still 'ok' compared to MG34.

The Lewis gun is a really well rounded LMG. 10% bullet speed, both recoil upgrades and stability is awesome.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

We had this talk in the COD PC thread, I used to think I was too old and slow and moved to playing mostly on consoles, then after playing Overwatch I converted to a low sens, and it made a huge difference. I doubled my SPM in BF1 from what I had on PS4. I'm using 1600dpi and 3 sens, 89% zoom.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

eonwe posted:

I think I'm at like 1200 DPI and 20%

yeah thats pretty high, professional gamers will be like 4-800 dpi and sensitivity in the single digits

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
the game tells me I can specify mouse movement for certain actions - I'm trying to bind yaw instead of roll to side movement but it won't register. Any ideas why?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Talking about sensitivity is kind of pointless given all the variables. What matters is your 360 cm/inches, which is at least a tangible measurement.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Azran posted:

the game tells me I can specify mouse movement for certain actions - I'm trying to bind yaw instead of roll to side movement but it won't register. Any ideas why?

Clear all of the mouse axis binds first and then try to rebind them

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5o9MLJCgPU

vietnam just became my second favorite battlefield

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, after tooling around with the Churchill's 95mm howitzer for a bit, and :iia:. Most of the tank guns feel kinda mediocre against infantry, but with that thing you just go PHHUMP and watch an entire building get obliterated.

I hope the Germans get something comparable eventually. Come to think of it, the StuG would be a great fit (considering the Brits already have something comparable with the Churchill Gun Carrier), since you could have a sidegrade into a StuH with the 105 mm gun:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

automaticswim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5o9MLJCgPU

vietnam just became my second favorite battlefield

fjell is my own personal vietnam

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Azran posted:

You doing it while ingame? Only works when at the main menu.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
where the h*ck is bfv symthic

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Bohemian Nights posted:

where the h*ck is bfv symthic

Fukken same

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Seconded.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Someone did link this cool stats thing though for BFV

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/nuzayets

Lookit how much I suck

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Guillermus posted:

The Lewis gun is a really well rounded LMG. 10% bullet speed, both recoil upgrades and stability is awesome.

It's my favorite, especially with the expanded mags which hold about a hundred bullets for just hosing someplace down. I've seen people seemingly trying to catch me in a reload cycle get up and rush me, only to find another fifty bullets immediately coming their way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Pivo posted:

Someone did link this cool stats thing though for BFV

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/nuzayets

Lookit how much I suck

Nice

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Ruxbin1986

Top 16% of Recons!