Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Mordja posted:

It *seemed* better on the bayou too.

Oh, thats good to know, I havent played the old map in 3.0 yet.

I have a 970 and before 3.0 would get 45-60fps most of the time but it would just drop to 30 at completely random times. I get 60fps like 90% of the time in 3.0 on the new map.

My buddy has a 1070 ti and got like 70fps all the time before 3.0 and now gets 40fps and the game is only using a fraction of his GPU :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Is it just me or are the textures kind of grainy on the new map? I play on medium settings but up close a lot of the textures have this weird grain to them that I can’t unsee. Doesn’t exist on the bayou map.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
I keep getting huge missing texture patches on the new map (like a 20m swath will just be this brown/green splotch) so obviously not all the bugs are out

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

so my buddy figured out his geforce control panel was set to power saving mode :ughh:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Basticle posted:

so my buddy figured out his geforce control panel was set to power saving mode :ughh:

Oh hey, what do you know so was mine. Thanks Nvidia.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this is 3 minutes of looking at branches but I've never been more satisfied with kills in this game. I was literally shaking afterwords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHubge2lRGc

We then got killed by a level 3 and level 20 no-prestige with Romeros

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Rysithusiku posted:

I keep getting huge missing texture patches on the new map (like a 20m swath will just be this brown/green splotch) so obviously not all the bugs are out

Yup. I also went looking for a wagon supply that was marked on the map, yet it didn't actually exist in the game. Circled around quite a bit to be sure.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:lol:

https://streamable.com/0xmqk

I prestiged, killed a guy with a winfield compact, looted his Sparks Sniper, escaped, next map killed a guy and stole his Avtomat. I'm like the guy who traded a paperclip and eventually ended up with a house. A+ would loot again.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 19, 2018

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
It bums me out how unpopular this thread is because I have been having an absolutely blast playing since the update. Game is great and I wish it was more well known.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Skyarb posted:

It bums me out how unpopular this thread is because I have been having an absolutely blast playing since the update. Game is great and I wish it was more well known.
It's definitely my favourite, current multiplayer shooter, and the update's really solidified that fact. I really hope this game takes off in a big way.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

This is also my favorite FPS game right now. New patch is fantastic.

And while this thread may not be all that active, matchmaking times have been really good as of late in the game.

Also, The roadmap is looking very promising. I'm glad to see a shooting range and full tutorial in the works. Not sure how I feel about crafting though...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Varkas posted:

This is also my favorite FPS game right now. New patch is fantastic.

And while this thread may not be all that active, matchmaking times have been really good as of late in the game.

Also, The roadmap is looking very promising. I'm glad to see a shooting range and full tutorial in the works. Not sure how I feel about crafting though...

From what little information I've scrounged up, the crafting is pretty much for weapon variants, e.g. making a Romero into a Romero Talon. Still, I'm with you.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So uh it was passed along to me to change your Post-Processing graphical setting to "Low" instead of running medium or high and boy howdy, my FPS has been rock solid ever since, I sometimes get a little dip when it loads a new area but I no longer get the just random stuttering and FPS drops I used to.*

* I still havent played the old map in 3.0 though
** This does not apply to Arden Parish which kills my game when I get near it.

I have had this happen a couple of times though https://streamable.com/3iqz6

```````````````````````

I'm trying real hard not to double post so I just keep adding things

```````````````````````

I have to say that killing a 36-prestige guy whos steam name is his twich url with a Romero is the most satisfying thing in the world.

```````````````````````

In one game there was a giant fight in the little shaded grassy area south of the water at Sweetbell Flour. 3 teams were fighting, my buddy and I went in and killed the last 2. We're looting the 6 bodies when my buddy gets killed from 176 meters by a guy on the roof of the fort with a Sparks Sniper. :stare:

```````````````````````

This is what five teams sounds like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keO_pZ4d5Yo

*edit* so I posted that on reddit and someone (I think correctly) pointed out that that sounded like a bunch of chaos bombs

Basticle fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 21, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

4.0 coming to test server friday maybe https://old.reddit.com/r/HuntShowdown/comments/a0x3v5/40_live_stream_summary/

Also the old map runs way better for me now and has much better lighting for me

https://gfycat.com/HomelyFeminineIndianrhinoceros

Orv
May 4, 2011
I need to get back into this, anyone need a partner with good ears who shoots like a blind, handless corpse?

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Basticle posted:

4.0 coming to test server friday maybe https://old.reddit.com/r/HuntShowdown/comments/a0x3v5/40_live_stream_summary/

Also the old map runs way better for me now and has much better lighting for me

https://gfycat.com/HomelyFeminineIndianrhinoceros

I really don't like how Quickplay sounds. This game is not a Battle Royale game and I don't want it to become one. I don't want it to split the already small playerbase either...

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Orv posted:

I need to get back into this, anyone need a partner with good ears who shoots like a blind, handless corpse?

It's not uncommon for me to play this game solo, so I'm usually on the lookout for additional buddies. Feel free to add me.

I'm somewhat torn on Quick Play, but ultimately I'm okay with it if it happens to bring more players into the game in general.

I'm very glad to hear that head shots can be totally silent. I'd be more inclined to push some buildings if I know that I can avoid tipping campers off about my approach.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

I really don't like how Quickplay sounds. This game is not a Battle Royale game and I don't want it to become one. I don't want it to split the already small playerbase either...

Yeah, same

unrelated, I killed the whole map :vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jXBiH_UiLE

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 28, 2018

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.

Basticle posted:

Yeah, same

unrelated, I killed the whole map :vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jXBiH_UiLE

I think it is more based arround people not caring if they die with these Hunters and forcing them into PvP.

The game is already is a battle royal.

The problem is people aren't fighting enough. I have played entire games, clue, boss kill, extraction and all., Without seeing another player.

People bounce out too often. This mode takes that way out away. At the cost of not losing a hunter if you die.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Kwosge posted:

I think it is more based arround people not caring if they die with these Hunters and forcing them into PvP.

The game is already is a battle royal.

The problem is people aren't fighting enough. I have played entire games, clue, boss kill, extraction and all., Without seeing another player.

People bounce out too often. This mode takes that way out away. At the cost of not losing a hunter if you die.

This game is explicitly not a battle royale mode

Unless you consider like Quake a battle royale mode.

Skyarb fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 28, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kwosge posted:

are you saying theyre avoiding you or are you not even hearing shots because im put into games alone constantly, especially on the old map.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

The end of this is some bullshit, right? I'm not missing something obvious here?

Summary: at 2:17 in this clip I can see the body of the tier 3 guy I just killed, while his tier 1 partner pops up and starts a push on me. I take out the tier 1 and move to revive my teammate, only to find the tier 3 guy alive again.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

Varkas posted:

The end of this is some bullshit, right? I'm not missing something obvious here?

Summary: at 2:17 in this clip I can see the body of the tier 3 guy I just killed, while his tier 1 partner pops up and starts a push on me. I take out the tier 1 and move to revive my teammate, only to find the tier 3 guy alive again.

It's hard to tell. Usually when I review something like this it ends up as another team but I don't see the body, and his loadout seems to have the dolch precision (cannot see crossbow from guy who shot you but he was facing you the whole time). I'm not sure if there are any cheats greater than wallhacks, and tbh it's Crytek so cheats and bugs are probably equally likely.

Basticle posted:

are you saying theyre avoiding you or are you not even hearing shots because im put into games alone constantly, especially on the old map.

The old map is almost always empty now. I wish people played it because my eyes burn from the oppressive sunlight of the new map.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

AbsoluteLlama posted:

It's hard to tell. Usually when I review something like this it ends up as another team but I don't see the body, and his loadout seems to have the dolch precision (cannot see crossbow from guy who shot you but he was facing you the whole time). I'm not sure if there are any cheats greater than wallhacks, and tbh it's Crytek so cheats and bugs are probably equally likely.

Yeah, a 3rd man with the same player model who was creeping about is the only non-cheat scenario I can think of. Unfortunately my teammate didn't remember the name of the guy who killed him, which would have confirmed if our suspicions were correct or not.

Edit- After taking a closer review, the tier 3 guy I killed has a crossbow and a Dolch precision that is visible on his back. The guy that kills me also has the same weapon configuration (~2:31). It'd have to be a super coincidence for a 3rd guy to have the same hunter model and weapon setup.

Edit2- Upon further review, someone spotted that there was in fact a 3rd guy who was crossing the water with the same configuration (~2:16). Wow, such a crazy coincidence.

Varkas fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 3, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Had my best game the other day on Lawson. We both went in with trash free guys, both have Officer carbines. Hear some shooting ahead of us, murder the duo camping in a house and take some of their stuff. Meanwhile, the bounty gets slain so we roll up just as it finishes and I put my fancy new Spectre to use. Naturally that means that the last surviving team assaults our building and kills my partner, but they got too close...Seven kills total, all told, because I ended killing the same guy twice.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

As soon as they make the random contract button play both maps then we'll be in a good place

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

so I've been killed by an avtomat 3 out of the 6 games I've played tonight (and heard one in a 4th), which is pretty loving annoying but highly unusual, so that poster who keeps accusing me of lying about the state of the game can come out of the woodwork again

Orv
May 4, 2011
The only time I've seen an Avtomat since very gradually coming back, the dude with it got killed by his teammate which was pretty good. Heard a couple more though.

I'm mostly hoping Quick Play doesn't murder this game in its crib.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I quit and my buddy played with our 3rd friend and those 2 ran into avtomats the next 2 games, what the gently caress. Thats 6 avtomats in one night, when I've only heard 2 or 3 during the past week.

p.s. this was evenly split between the two maps.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Since 3.0 I've only seen an avtomat once :shrug:

Its still a stupid gun that shouldn't exist.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This might be common knowledge but some guy on reddit has been posting map configurations.

I thought everything was randomized but it turns out that depending on map, # of bosses, size of the boss area etc. There are only a certain number of predetermined map configurations. So once you get the first clue and gray-out a portion of the map you can then determine where the boss is going to be

This is pretty disappointing to me honestly

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Basticle posted:

This might be common knowledge but some guy on reddit has been posting map configurations.

I thought everything was randomized but it turns out that depending on map, # of bosses, size of the boss area etc. There are only a certain number of predetermined map configurations. So once you get the first clue and gray-out a portion of the map you can then determine where the boss is going to be

I'm hoping that eventually they'll enter all the possible configurations by hand by the time the map is no longer "beta", I wonder if the first map suffers from the same issue or not?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Varkas posted:

I'm hoping that eventually they'll enter all the possible configurations by hand by the time the map is no longer "beta", I wonder if the first map suffers from the same issue or not?

Bayou is the same way, thats my point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptA8eqaLdgk

Basticle fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 5, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The timing on this is coincidental because the boss spawn thing has been known for months now, but 4.0 is live on the test server right now and in addition to quickplay, one of the new things is

quote:

The map's region rule set for shrinking has been modified to be more randomized in the greyed out sectors. The greyed out sectors may not always be adjacent from each other (This also makes locating the boss's lair to be less predictable in Bounty Hunt)

https://steamcommunity.com/games/770720/announcements/detail/1702821402243492292

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 6, 2018

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Man QuickPlay still feels like a clue campfest. Everytime I've died it's been to someone camping the clues.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I mean it sounds interesting to change up the standard "find the boss as quickly as possible" gameplay of banish-mode but Quickplay is solo-only and I have several friends I play this with daily so I doubt I'll ever play it more than once.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 6, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Basticle posted:

That doesn't surprise me at all because my limited experience had been mostly "find a clue, get most of the way to another clue oh look the boss is already being banished"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/rokti

:getin:

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

We encountered the best bug yesterday: https://streamable.com/sznnd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/ca9qe

Varkas posted:

We encountered the best bug yesterday: https://streamable.com/sznnd

amazing