Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I don't like that "This daddy of a dragon" is a sentence that exists but I cannot say it is wrong.

Read it again, it says something slightly different

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That joke reminded me of this one:

Welcome to the Republican party :smugdog:

That thread was so good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I don't like that "This daddy of a dragon" is a sentence that exists but I cannot say it is wrong.

Why can't we just go back to everyone wanting to gently caress Prince Sidon the robots from Nier Automata?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

This hurts

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Regy Rusty posted:

Read it again, it says something slightly different

That thread was so good

I missed that but my point stands.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's a really good CD player. Don't think I had one in the 90s, though. (Didn't have any CDs either so :shrug:)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

RareAcumen posted:

Why can't we just go back to everyone wanting to gently caress Prince Sidon the robots from Nier Automata?

They haven't moved on. You're just hearing from a different subset of horny folk.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That was me in 2001 actually

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Elfface posted:

They haven't moved on. You're just hearing from a different subset of horny folk.

See that's the thing cap, I'm always horny.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Phlegmish posted:

That was me in 2001 actually

Everyone knows the 90s lasted till about 2004.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Clearly not a Roman, god dammit Russia, get your meme poo poo together.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

other than the haircut, that was me dead on. this hit me hard

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Hihohe posted:

Everyone knows the 90s lasted till about 2004.

2001, we must never forget or history will keep rememing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB5ib4ouxes

:rip: us

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Featuring the art of Christine W. Chandler, you say? I'm in.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Twistershift posted:

Clearly not a Roman, god dammit Russia, get your meme poo poo together.

Objects in those memes are not supposed to match their captions, that's the whole point.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This is the truest poo poo I have ever seen posted in this thread

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This girl never knew how much she was adored.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Oh man, I'm ready for this.

In a very similar nature, I highly recommend the Channel 101 movie "Our Robocop Remake".

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I still have that haircut.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's actually really good.

A farmer in the Bavarian countryside is having trouble with his chickens. For some reason, they've stopped laying eggs. He's tried a number of different things to help -- feeding them different food, raising the temperature, lowering the temperature, giving them a bigger coop, playing them music -- but nothing works. After some time with no success, he thinks to himself: "there has to be a solution, but I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. I'll go into town and get a university professor to help me out."

The next morning he takes his wagon into town and heads to the local university. He walks into the main building and asks,

"Who is the smartest person here?"

The receptionist, bemused by the question, replies "well, it's hard to say, as we have many very smart people at this university. But I think that many people would tell you that Dr. Bergmann, in the mathematics department, is the smartest person they have ever met."

The farmer thanks the receptionist and heads off to the mathematics department. Finding Dr. Bergmann's office easily, he introduces himself and explains his problem.

"Well," says the professor, "I can't say that I have much experience with chickens, or with agriculture at all. But everything in the universe can be described mathematically, if you simply look at it deeply enough. I might be able to solve this problem for you. I'll look into it and send for you when I've got a solution."

The farmer thanks the doctor profusely and heads home.

Days pass, then weeks, with no word from the university. After nearly a month, the farmer wonders if Dr. Bergmann has simply forgotten about him. He heads back into town, back to the professor's office, knocks on the door -- but there is no reply. Poking his head inside, he sees that the professor has stepped out, but every surface is absolutely covered in diagrams of chickens and complex mathematical formulas. From the disheveled piles of papers and empty coffee cups scattered around, it's obvious that the chicken question has consumed the professor's attention.

Near the center of one of the chalkboards, the farmer sees what looks like a feeding schedule. Having tried everything he could think of himself, and not wanting to bother the great man any more than he has to, the farmer simply copies it down into his notebook and heads home.

Back at the farm, he starts following the schedule of specific foods at specific times. The results are almost immediate -- the chickens perk up within hours and a few days later they start laying eggs again. The farmer is overjoyed, and at the end of the week he fills a basket with eggs to bring to the professor in thanks.

Heading up to the professor's office, he finds Bergmann slumped over, pulling his hair, staring at the chalkboards and surrounded by crumpled papers, very much the worse for wear.

The farmer places the eggs on the desk. "Doctor! I came here to thank you! You've solved my problem and my chickens are happier than ever!"

The professor looks up, confused. "What? I...No. How..."
"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I peeked in last week and didn't tell you...I didn't want to disturb you, but I saw the feeding schedule you'd come up with" -- he indicates the schedule on the chalkboard, now crossed out and scribbled over -- "and copied it down. It's perfect! I've never seen chickens so happy and healthy."

Still baffled, Bergmann stands up and walks over to where the farmer had pointed. "This?"
"Yes, that one. It's brilliant!"
"But that's impossible," the professor says. "The formula is incomplete. This solution is only valid for the case where there are a positive number of chickens, each having nonzero mass!"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

A farmer in the Bavarian countryside is having trouble with his chickens. For some reason, they've stopped laying eggs. He's tried a number of different things to help -- feeding them different food, raising the temperature, lowering the temperature, giving them a bigger coop, playing them music -- but nothing works. After some time with no success, he thinks to himself: "there has to be a solution, but I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. I'll go into town and get a university professor to help me out."

The next morning he takes his wagon into town and heads to the local university. He walks into the main building and asks,

"Who is the smartest person here?"

The receptionist, bemused by the question, replies "well, it's hard to say, as we have many very smart people at this university. But I think that many people would tell you that Dr. Bergmann, in the mathematics department, is the smartest person they have ever met."

The farmer thanks the receptionist and heads off to the mathematics department. Finding Dr. Bergmann's office easily, he introduces himself and explains his problem.

"Well," says the professor, "I can't say that I have much experience with chickens, or with agriculture at all. But everything in the universe can be described mathematically, if you simply look at it deeply enough. I might be able to solve this problem for you. I'll look into it and send for you when I've got a solution."

The farmer thanks the doctor profusely and heads home.

Days pass, then weeks, with no word from the university. After nearly a month, the farmer wonders if Dr. Bergmann has simply forgotten about him. He heads back into town, back to the professor's office, knocks on the door -- but there is no reply. Poking his head inside, he sees that the professor has stepped out, but every surface is absolutely covered in diagrams of chickens and complex mathematical formulas. From the disheveled piles of papers and empty coffee cups scattered around, it's obvious that the chicken question has consumed the professor's attention.

Near the center of one of the chalkboards, the farmer sees what looks like a feeding schedule. Having tried everything he could think of himself, and not wanting to bother the great man any more than he has to, the farmer simply copies it down into his notebook and heads home.

Back at the farm, he starts following the schedule of specific foods at specific times. The results are almost immediate -- the chickens perk up within hours and a few days later they start laying eggs again. The farmer is overjoyed, and at the end of the week he fills a basket with eggs to bring to the professor in thanks.

Heading up to the professor's office, he finds Bergmann slumped over, pulling his hair, staring at the chalkboards and surrounded by crumpled papers, very much the worse for wear.

The farmer places the eggs on the desk. "Doctor! I came here to thank you! You've solved my problem and my chickens are happier than ever!"

The professor looks up, confused. "What? I...No. How..."
"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I peeked in last week and didn't tell you...I didn't want to disturb you, but I saw the feeding schedule you'd come up with" -- he indicates the schedule on the chalkboard, now crossed out and scribbled over -- "and copied it down. It's perfect! I've never seen chickens so happy and healthy."

Still baffled, Bergmann stands up and walks over to where the farmer had pointed. "This?"
"Yes, that one. It's brilliant!"
"But that's impossible," the professor says. "The formula is incomplete. This solution is only valid for the case where there are a positive number of chickens, each having nonzero mass!"

Hahhahaha, we used to have a similar variation of the joke going around in the faculty, only it involved generalising stability testing to a case of a table with N legs.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
First, we assume that all the chickens are perfect frictionless spheres

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hahhahaha, we used to have a similar variation of the joke going around in the faculty, only it involved generalising stability testing to a case of a table with N legs.

Is the punchline basically "table with one leg is unstable, table with one +1 leg is unstable, therefore all tables are unstable?"

I would like to hear it anyway. Sounds like another good one to add to my oeuvre of extremely specific niche jokes I tell only to annoy the students

I have a really good one about UDP packets but I don't know if anyone gets it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

Is the punchline basically "table with one leg is unstable, table with one +1 leg is unstable, therefore all tables are unstable?"

I would like to hear it anyway. Sounds like another good one to add to my oeuvre of extremely specific niche jokes I tell only to annoy the students

I have a really good one about UDP packets but I don't know if anyone gets it

Nah it's "why is table with 3 legs wobbling (assume rectangular table with corner legs)". It's been a while since I've heard it so I'm vague on the exact recollection + translation but it basically went like a table is wobbling on 3 legs, so then theoretical research is conduct to see if table with no legs, 1 leg, 2, and N legs is stable. So I mean technically yes, the joke is the one you assumed, just a bit different entry point.

Also nice one about UDP lol.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aka "The Repressed Slut Starter Pack"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Also nice one about UDP lol.

thanks. are you ready to hear my joke about TCP packets?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
lol

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Sagebrush posted:

thanks. are you ready to hear my joke about TCP packets?

Yes I would!

(PACKET WAS DROPPED FOR THIS SPOOFING)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Melaneus posted:

Yes I would!

(PACKET WAS DROPPED FOR THIS SPOOFING)

Okay! I am now telling the joke about TCP packets.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

MizPiz posted:

what is wrong with you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

:chloe:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

MizPiz posted:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MizPiz posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MizPiz posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Guys, let's not drin...
You already are poo poo-wasted, assholes.

From Russian Memes Limited.