Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

I like the idea of the explosiveness of Gambit's projectiles depending on whichever object he is throwing. In fact, they should retcon his powers, that poo poo with charging stuff with kinetic energy or whatever never made much sense. Make it so that Gambit unleashes each object's individual explosive potential, or opens its connection to explodimension.
These aren't mutually exclusive! Just make it so each object can hold a certain amount of kinetic energy, so a can of beans can be charged further than, say, a playing card. Doesn't even really require retconning, just specifying the bounds of his mutation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Samovar posted:

Huh. For some reason I thought Gambit's power was simply to convert matter into energy, not charge stuff up.

No, you see, first you charge da card den you blew it up

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But that's already his power though, he just takes longer to charge up more massive objects.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gambit's powers are already supposed to be that the bigger the object the bigger the explosion - it just takes longer to charge them and that's why he carries small objects he can charge instantly.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Also, even before his mutation, he was probably the kind of guy to practice throwing cards.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Plus there are all kinds of cool phrases with cards. There aren't any for cans of beans.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Is this the Hill (of Beans) you want to die on?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So long! it's been a nice time. You might say it has bean a blast.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I thought the idea was that once the van exploded, the individual beans would spray out and explode on contact, like bomblets.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TheCenturion posted:

I thought the idea was that once the van exploded, the individual beans would spray out and explode on contact, like bomblets.

Give this man a no-prize

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

bunnyofdoom posted:

Give this man a no-prize

:(

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Gambit's power should be retconned so that beans, and only beans, are way way more explosive than anything else forcing to switch to an entirely bean-centric lifestyle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's Cajun, not Mexican.

THIS IS A FOOD JOKE IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE SHUT UP.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

I like the idea of the explosiveness of Gambit's projectiles depending on whichever object he is throwing. In fact, they should retcon his powers, that poo poo with charging stuff with kinetic energy or whatever never made much sense. Make it so that Gambit unleashes each object's individual explosive potential, or opens its connection to explodimension.
That's always been the case. It takes him longer to charge larger objects, but bigger ones always 'splode more. He uses cards because he can charge them nearly instantly and a pack of them fits in a coat pocket. Also it's cool.

Edit: Oh there's another page where I was mercilessly beaten.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Rhyno posted:

He's Cajun, not Mexican.

THIS IS A FOOD JOKE IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE SHUT UP.

Red beans and rice is a Cajun dish, it still works!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It not you, it Gambit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC's Gunfire shamelessly stole Gambit's powers and it worked like suggested, that every item had a specific amount of stored energy. I do recall Gambit on occasion being able to overcharge and item for a bigger blast but it was dangerous to himself.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So it's time to post this panel again right?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Lobok posted:

Plus there are all kinds of cool phrases with cards. There aren't any for cans of beans.

"It's bean real, mon ami."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, he should continue to use card jokes, that have been clumsily beanified.

It's in the carbs, the rear end of spades...

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Elfface posted:

Clubs, clubs, the magical suit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Remy LePew

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

ImpAtom posted:

Remy LePew

Suddenly his thing for Rogue and the white stripe in her hair make so much sense

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Archyduke posted:

"It's bean real, mon ami."

"I'm taking you down to Beantown!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

ImpAtom posted:

Remy LePew

The Great Blam-bean-o.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bees?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Beans

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Sacre legume!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I can't not imagine the bean-based version of Gambit as he would have appeared in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

"Ka-boom legume!"
"Magic bean!"
[super flash] "Refried... justice!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"This just need a little Gambit magic."

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I wanted to make a joke about him adding cayenne pepper to everything, but of course that was the joke made in the episode.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I remember an X-men pop up book which also had Gambit in the Kitchen :allears: God bless free book piles, but who knows where mine ended up over the years.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Huh. Never realised how weird Gambit's arm is in that shot.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It looks like he's just staring at the pot as Thing from the Addams Family pops up to give him a taste.

EDIT: that is one Lurch-like Gambit, too.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

It doesn’t defy human anatomy, but it’s a really loving awkward way to hold a spoon for tasting.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Secondary mutation

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That's the Gambit magic.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Elfface posted:

Ya mighta smelt it, mon ami, but it's ol' gambit that dealt it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

It doesn’t defy human anatomy, but it’s a really loving awkward way to hold a spoon for tasting.
I'm pretty sure the radius and ulna are designed such that it is, in fact, defying human anatomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

I'm pretty sure the radius and ulna are designed such that it is, in fact, defying human anatomy.

I actually tested it, lol.

While I could do it, it was super uncomfortable.