Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Drone_Fragger posted:

No, the new reworked leblanc, which is basically old leblanc after they reverted her, but the R mimics last spell cast instead of the next spell you press.

Vermain posted:

That's how old, pre-rework LeBlanc worked, too. Pretty much the only difference between current LeBlanc and pre-rework LeBlanc is some numbers changes and that E no longer slows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
edit: nevermind I hate this game

isaboo fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 16, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ah. i like this game a lot. but i respect your opinion too. thank you for sharing

Malah
May 18, 2015

Comrades, have you heard the good word of AP Shaco? :getin:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Dare you enter my magical domain? *bush full of joker boxes*

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i first timed ap shaco support today and set up boxes in the enemy tribrush almost killing their top laner after he was done leashing red. if i didnt recall to go bot XD

Malah
May 18, 2015

Anidav posted:

Dare you enter my magical domain? *bush full of joker boxes*
You win the special prize!! You must respawn to collect your prize.

Malah fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 16, 2018

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Huh, okay, I coulda sworn it operated the other way. apologies.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Does anyone know when exactly server transfers will be up?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2y2wtHjtJY

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Playing Leona is so much fun. Can I make solo lane (AP?) Leona work somehow?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

In discussion of Aatrox, I actually kind of like the rework but wish they'd bit the bullet and got rid of his revive, it's such a huge part of his power budget and it makes his new ult actually kind of boring and awkward. I'd rather his ult just improved his other spells and gave him the AD.

More to the point the rework is cool but the removal of the voicelines and personality is less so, the new one is fine the old one just felt so good to listen to.

Also because of him being an ability based juggernaut and what his damage is loaded into he's like the only juggernaut who routinely loses face to face fights against divers. He really needs a Sweet Spot near him on every ability so he doesn't just get close range bodied.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Qtpie on Seth Rollins training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaCEPwWGtc

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smol posted:

You can do it as a gimmick in lower MMRs, but she's intentionally designed to be crippled in a solo lane. Too much of her power budget is locked behind her passive.

Lord_Magmar posted:

He really needs a Sweet Spot near him on every ability so he doesn't just get close range bodied.

Him having several exploitable dead zones is a significant part of his balance. The tradeoff of him getting more mobility and upfront damage than a typical juggernaut is that he has to use that mobility intelligently instead of simply spamming Q until you die.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Smol posted:

Her passive is literally useless if she’s in a solo lane unless someone is ganking. Even then, it’s way worse than with an ADC who can pop it with ranged autos. If you MUST run non-support Leona, jungle Leona is a running joke. It’s not great, but mostly because the first clear is so difficult; she ganks really well.

Honestly just keep playing support, please. Once you get the hang of curbstomping your lane, integrate roaming mid into your playstyle. Successful ganks mid from support is literally one of the best ways to win a game from the support position because their mid might just ragequit.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Calling it now, it’s a chameleon with tiddies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFcCn5IBwo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Aren’t we all?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Calling it now, it’s a chameleon with tiddies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFcCn5IBwo

Oh, man, is this their version of The Morrigan from SMITE? I'd been pondering a while back if they could implement it in League without it being either ridiculously overpowered or nigh-unplayable due to the insanely high skill cap you'd need to both play the champ and play the shapeshifted versions of other champs.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Or maybe it'll be like Abathur's (HotS) Ultimate Evolution where you'll temporarily disappear to create a limited* copy of a friendly hero.

*No ultimate, no talents.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
EUW has been a total mess tonight. Seems like they still haven't sorted out issues with Clash...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
If it's like Relm from FF6 I'm down

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Servaetes posted:

If it's like Relm from FF6 I'm down

I don't think Riot is skilled enough to intentionally reproduce the sketch bug.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Smol posted:

I don't think her ratios are good enough to make AP Leona good at all. Like I have no idea why she even has those ratios in the first place. Jungle Leona is workable but like was said so much of her is tied into her passive she works best as a support. No matter what you do with her she's pretty purely a tank.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How do you get good at Kai'Sa? So far I just flail about wildly and occasionally snipe people with my poke tool that seems to do basically zero damage, and then somewhere around three items people start dying. Often including me, because it's easy to pop an ADC at that point in the game.

The W seems weak throughout the whole game. Maybe because I tend to go for an AD build? (Stormrazor -> Rageblade -> Hurricane -> GA/IE)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
xFSN Saber has some good videos on YouTube about playing her. The reason her W feels weak is that you’re probably leading with it, which does like no damage and puts it on a super long cooldown. Save it for when the fight is ending and/or you need it to pop passive on someone that’s out of your auto range.

Also, her ult is CRAZY versatile, way more than I thought it was.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So what happens if you play ranked at the moment? Does it matter if I get demoted for the season rewards?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

shurelia played leona mid at diamond and cleaned house. not sure if it was a “people were worse back then” thing though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Arcturas posted:

How do you get good at Kai'Sa? So far I just flail about wildly and occasionally snipe people with my poke tool that seems to do basically zero damage, and then somewhere around three items people start dying. Often including me, because it's easy to pop an ADC at that point in the game.

The W seems weak throughout the whole game. Maybe because I tend to go for an AD build? (Stormrazor -> Rageblade -> Hurricane -> GA/IE)

W damage is fine https://plays.tv/s/Lz9iee6gfB9E

edit: even with a full AD build the W damage is fine, obviously you want to be able to evolve the W. the thing about W is that it adds two stacks to her passive, the damage is a little down now since the latest nerf hit her AP damage a lot (which sucks because she's fun since she has build diversity) but off the top of my head stormrazor/rageblade/zhonyas should hit all three evolves by level 12 i think? so thats usually the build path i go unless i have a specific different need.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 19, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

shurelia played leona mid at diamond and cleaned house. not sure if it was a “people were worse back then” thing though

Weren't her ratios higher at some point?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

CODChimera posted:

So what happens if you play ranked at the moment? Does it matter if I get demoted for the season rewards?

No. Rewards were locked in at season close. Changes to your rank (and MMR) will go on your record though, which will affect where you place next season.

99% sure about that, anyway.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

W damage is fine https://plays.tv/s/Lz9iee6gfB9E

edit: even with a full AD build the W damage is fine, obviously you want to be able to evolve the W. the thing about W is that it adds two stacks to her passive, the damage is a little down now since the latest nerf hit her AP damage a lot (which sucks because she's fun since she has build diversity) but off the top of my head stormrazor/rageblade/zhonyas should hit all three evolves by level 12 i think? so thats usually the build path i go unless i have a specific different need.

Fair enough. I suppose like both of you said o need to be using her W for mid- and post-fight damage, rather than poke where I’m not getting anything out of the stacks.

Also thanks to the guy above recommending Kai videos. Very helpful.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Boxman posted:

No. Rewards were locked in at season close. Changes to your rank (and MMR) will go on your record though, which will affect where you place next season.

99% sure about that, anyway.

Awesome thanks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Extremely blurry Chinese leaks of the next champ, "Neeko", and a bunch of Snowdown skins:

Not content with already having everyone's money, they decided to make the next champ Rei Ayanami with a tail. Thanks, Riot Games!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Isn't the game like mad popular in china?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Isn't the game like mad popular in china?

It is ridiculously popular in China. They've always been coy on exact numbers, but most of the insider sources that've commentated on it have stated that China forms the overwhelming majority of the playerbase (to the tune of probably 75-80%).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Neeko: The Curious Chameleon, a jungler who's homies with Nidalee.
https://twitter.com/loleu/status/1064550129796042752

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

So, buttons are copy friendly champ, create illusion (with a short invis/blink like LB if you aren't wearing someone else's skin), the CC ability, and the ult does something that is hard to read because there are a million things happening in that little clip?

The illusion stuff seems so niche it doesn't seem like it'll be all that useful, but maybe her kit will have ways to set up ~~**mind games**~~.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Vermain posted:

It is ridiculously popular in China. They've always been coy on exact numbers, but most of the insider sources that've commentated on have stated that China forms the overwhelming majority of the playerbase (to the tune of probably 75-80%).

Yeah from what I've read, well, China is almost 1.4 billion people and free to play games in cyber cafes are a huge thing. The government likes to control what is available and league got the ok stamp so it would be a dumb business move to ignore the Chinese market.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Looks like a pro play champ to me, but we'll see.

The copying other champs thing probably won't have much of an impact, but a jungler with ranged CC and some kind of big area damage ult seems pretty good. Especially if it's AP, which it looks like it will be.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If it’s a Leblanc clone it will get us scrub players but pros almost never have trouble with it unless it copies friendly items and poo poo.