Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

codo27 posted:

Girlfriends coworker/friend is this young chick, just turned 20, 8 or a 9 in anyone's book. Kinda tall, slim, real pretty. Virgin. Hasn't done poo poo. She was fooling around with the World's Most Patient Man but I think the most they did was maybe kiss. This has been going on for months. She asks gf for advice, has GOOGLED HOW TO MAKE OUT but is like especially nervous even though she's been told to just get it over with. WMPM gave her an ultimatum that if they dont do anything last time that was it, (dick move regardless, you dont give people ultimatums) and she was a wreck about it. So of course then tonight, posts the stereotypical basic pose with wine glass pic on IG with the caption, "thank you, next". smdh
Sir this is a Mcdonald's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Maybe you should stop concerning yourself with the love lives of underaged poultry. :shrug:

Gf has to hear about it all the time, so then I have to hear about it, and in turn you now have to hear about it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Related:

https://twitter.com/gwenckatz/status/1063907374291812352

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

codo27 posted:

Gf has to hear about it all the time, so then I have to hear about it, and in turn you now have to hear about it

when did you get redpilled?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

when did you get redpilled?

Na, he's just living in a sitcom from the '90s.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

codo27 posted:

Girlfriends coworker/friend is this young chick, just turned 20, 8 or a 9 in anyone's book. Kinda tall, slim, real pretty. Virgin. Hasn't done poo poo. She was fooling around with the World's Most Patient Man but I think the most they did was maybe kiss. This has been going on for months. She asks gf for advice, has GOOGLED HOW TO MAKE OUT but is like especially nervous even though she's been told to just get it over with. WMPM gave her an ultimatum that if they dont do anything last time that was it, (dick move regardless, you dont give people ultimatums) and she was a wreck about it. So of course then tonight, posts the stereotypical basic pose with wine glass pic on IG with the caption, "thank you, next". smdh

source your quotes

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Na, he's just living in a sitcom from the '90s.

90's sitcoms were pretty drat redpill-y. Ever gone back and seen all the lolgaytranny jokes?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

90's sitcoms were pretty drat redpill-y. Ever gone back and seen all the lolgaytranny jokes?

It's just anachronistic to call them that, is all. The Matrix only came out in 1999.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's just anachronistic to call them that, is all. The Matrix only came out in 1999.

I mean, the Matrix was an extended parable about taking estrogen and being trans so it doesn't really apply at all to the meaning of the term as we use it in the 2018 hellworld.

descriptivism rulez perspectivism droolz.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
And anachronism is worse than both. :shrug:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

codo27 posted:

Instead of In addition to mockery (which you deserve), I'm going to offer some enlightenment:

1. Don't loving use a ten-point scale for women. Women are not a commodity and you are not motherfucking Consumer Reports.
2. Don't pressure girls into acts of intimacy they're not comfortable with. This should be self-evident but let's get it on the table.
3. Dating a girl isn't a case of "insert kindness, get sex". The "World's Most Patient Man" is not owed sex because he inserted kindness coins into this girl.
4. Breaking up with someone because they insisted that either you gently caress them or stop dating them is a good thing.
5. She is absolutely in the right here, you and WMPM are the assholes for expecting her to put out and shaming her when she doesn't just give you the sex you think WMPM deserves.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

codo27 posted:

Wait which one made the ig post?

E: because if it was the guy, and that's the first place he goes to when he gets frustrated then lol she dodged a bullet

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Nov 18, 2018

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Because I wanted to know:
https://twitter.com/gwenckatz/status/1063970882006052864

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

I mean, the Matrix was an extended parable about taking estrogen and being trans so it doesn't really apply at all to the meaning of the term as we use it in the 2018 hellworld.

It's true, Caitlyn Jenner was recently found soaring through the air to punch an albino dude with dreadlocks in the face.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's true, Caitlyn Jenner was recently found soaring through the air to punch an albino dude with dreadlocks in the face.

You know who directed the Matrix films right? Also the definition of "parable"?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Skwirl posted:

Yes, but the mental image of Caitlyn Jenner clocking the Pale Rasta Boys from the Matrix flicks is too hilarious not to share.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yes, but the mental image of Caitlyn Jenner clocking the Pale Rasta Boys from the Matrix flicks is too hilarious not to share.

Well, I mean, her Olympic career involved a lot of running and jumping so a flying attack would probably be a hell of thing from her, you know?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Well, I mean, her Olympic career involved a lot of running and jumping so a flying attack would probably be a hell of thing from her, you know?

Exactly what I was getting at, thank you!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

If they were trying to use this as a parable it was a dismal failure, as there is no indication anyone read it that way. Hell, this is the first I've heard of it being claimed, period.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

T-man posted:

Trans people intend to blot out the Sun - confirmed.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Volcott posted:

Oh no. Did you not hear about the fire?

The taco bell is a total loss, too.
To say nothing of the gates of hell.

Be careful around high voltage, guys.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If they were trying to use this as a parable it was a dismal failure, as there is no indication anyone read it that way. Hell, this is the first I've heard of it being claimed, period.
It's been floating around practically since Lana came out. I'm well iffy on it.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
The Wachowskis have confirmed their experiences as closeted trans people heavily influenced writing the first movie. A metaphor doesn't have to be surface level and easily read by everyone to "work". Hell, it can just be for the writer themselves, and if other people pick up on it, cool.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah trans people try to hide it but once you come out you are able to fly and stop bullets with your mind.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

The Wachowskis have confirmed their experiences as closeted trans people heavily influenced writing the first movie. A metaphor doesn't have to be surface level and easily read by everyone to "work". Hell, it can just be for the writer themselves, and if other people pick up on it, cool.

This sounds like necromancy of the author to me. If a metaphor only works for the author and doesn't actually communicate to the audience, that's failure on the part of the author. It sure as hell makes no sense to retroactively decide that a movie with a whole plethora of themes is a parable for just this one thing that wasn't really caught when it first came out, nor for years later.

Either way, the only reason I brought up The Matrix was because the term "red pill" comes from that, and it's anachronistic to use it to describe the mores of sexist etc '90s sitcoms which codo27 expressed in his stupid diatribe where the only idiot on social media was him. We have an r/relationship thread over at GBS for this type of stupidity.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

which pill do i take to not have to hear cis people say that something can't be about trans issues because they personally weren't aware of it at the time

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This sounds like necromancy of the author to me. If a metaphor only works for the author and doesn't actually communicate to the audience, that's failure on the part of the author. It sure as hell makes no sense to retroactively decide that a movie with a whole plethora of themes is a parable for just this one thing that wasn't really caught when it first came out, nor for years later.

Either way, the only reason I brought up The Matrix was because the term "red pill" comes from that, and it's anachronistic to use it to describe the mores of sexist etc '90s sitcoms which codo27 expressed in his stupid diatribe where the only idiot on social media was him. We have an r/relationship thread over at GBS for this type of stupidity.

No one said it was a parable for just one thing. The writers and directors just confirmed after they came out that their experiences did in fact influence the structure of the story when people asked them about it. And people asked them about it because they caught on to it. Meaning it worked on some level.

I'm not sure I get the point in trying to make this seem absurd. It was one of many metaphors in the script that folks caught on to later, not some "actually all the characters were dead the whole time and in purgatory" fan theory.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

No one said it was a parable for just one thing.

Literally what I was responding to:

T-man posted:

:shrug:

Brother Entropy posted:

which pill do i take to not have to hear cis people say that something can't be about trans issues because they personally weren't aware of it at the time

The "ignore" button's right there.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The red pill is a metaphor for taking a nyquil gel cap for the sniffles, cause that's the only experience I can relate to that metaphor.

Any other interpretation is bunk. BUNK!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Brother Entropy posted:

Any of them!

MariusLecter posted:

The red pill is a metaphor for taking a nyquil gel cap for the sniffles
DAYQUIL
:goonsay:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
All of them at once.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why the gently caress would anyone take DAYQUIL? If you aren't going to get the good stuff why even bother?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1064012676572110848

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
This person is very much not an idiot but I don't know where else to post it, so please enjoy this amazing gentleman:
https://twitter.com/alplicable/status/1063278589611790337

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Anyway, content: Eric Garland is having a completely normal one!

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1063970378370945025

:tinfoil:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Anyway, content: Eric Garland is having a completely normal one!

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1063970378370945025

:tinfoil:

The progressive woman of color who primaried a moderate democrat is encouraging other progressives, and especially ones who are women of color, to primary moderate democrats? Does she have no sense of :decorum:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

The progressive woman of color who primaried a moderate democrat is encouraging other progressives, and especially ones who are women of color, to primary moderate democrats? Does she have no sense of :decorum:

We need a new :newdanger:.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot posted:

This person is very much not an idiot but I don't know where else to post it, so please enjoy this amazing gentleman:
https://twitter.com/alplicable/status/1063278589611790337

He's got some moves. drat.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

A poo poo load of D voters are disillusioned with the stodgy old establishment that just rolls over and lets the right do whatever they want, news at 11.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ToxicSlurpee posted:

A poo poo load of D voters are disillusioned with the stodgy old establishment that just rolls over and lets the right do whatever they want, news at 11.

But surely we can blame foreign agents for that! After all, it is well known that destabilization operations invent divisions out of whole cloth rather than exploiting existing problems.

Edit:

Uh.... sure?

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1064026689867526145

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Nov 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What the gently caress did you say about my shades you little oval office? [sip] I'll have you know I mod a meme group on Facebook, and I've been involved in numerous coups, and I have a nice private harem that's not creepy at all [sigh]. I know how to make a Tumblr and I am the best at George Benson. You are nothing to me than a bad content peasant. I will shitpost that piece of poo poo meme page you call a home with content the likes of which you will never curate in your lifetime, mark my loving words [sip]. You think you can get away with talking poo poo about my shades over the internet? [eyebrow] Think again, fucker. As we speak I am sending the best network of memelords and SJWs across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, normie. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call a page and your life. You're loving dead, underage member. [sniff] I have mods and admins anywhere, anytime, and I can use them to ban you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my eyebrows. Not only am I extensively trained in starting a Tumblr, but I have access to a very large splinter group and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. [sip] If only you could have known what unholy retribution your "snide remark" about my shades was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddam normie [sigh]. I will poo poo content all over you and you will drown in it. Wanna go on a date, kiddo?