Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Use a double Windsor in front of a jury. And only if the tie is long enough to end at your belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Use a double Windsor in front of a jury. And only if the tie is long enough to end at your belt.

I had to get some ties lengthened to even do a four-in-hand.
I have a bunch of fancy trail lawyer stuff I never really get to use anymore like bespoke suits, over a dozen allen edmonds, and I regret nothing.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Mezlan or gtfo

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

California bar results continue the plummet.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Eminent Domain posted:

California bar results continue the plummet.

Now that I'm on the inside looking out this is clearly a good thing.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Last time I tried to tie a tie it was on a six year old

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

sullat posted:

Never tie a tie on a kid. Tie it first and just slip it over their noggins.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Never tie a tie on a kid. Tie it first and just slip it over their noggins.

Let's just say I really like that Calvin & Hobbes comic & wanted to re-enact it.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

sullat posted:

Calvin and Hobbes remains the only comic with the skill and verve to pull off depicting a child about to be executed by hanging.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Bolo tie supremacy. Perfect for any occasion, a good one can be used as an improvised garrote.

Also, to continue my mission of thread cross-pollination, from the federal jobs thread:

Testvan posted:

This depresses me a lot: we have a bunch of homeless employees at my facility.

I personally know two of the homeless working here: a GS-12 and GS-11. The only reason I know is because they are friends and trusted me enough to tell me about their situations. There is a large amount of shame that keeps people from talking about it.

I have no clue how the GS-5 mailclerks or GS-7 admin staff exist. I know some have 3-5 hour commutes per day.

This place (bay area) is broken beyond repair.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Discendo Vox posted:

Bolo tie supremacy. Perfect for any occasion, a good one can be used as an improvised garrote.

Also, to continue my mission of thread cross-pollination, from the federal jobs thread:

I don't buy this. Yeah, you'll have a lovely commute, but gs-11 pays at 70k with locality in the bay and, hell, you can live on BART at that rate if you're not that picky. You can even be picky if you're single with low debt.

Vallejo also still exists and has a ferry to SF.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
after looking at a bunch of poo poo that I'd need to tailor to fit, I found an off the shelf suit in macy's that looks pretty decent so I don't have to spend any real suit money yet.

I do wish I could find three button jackets. I don't like the two button style that's en vogue now.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

after looking at a bunch of poo poo that I'd need to tailor to fit, I found an off the shelf suit in macy's that looks pretty decent so I don't have to spend any real suit money yet.

I do wish I could find three button jackets. I don't like the two button style that's en vogue now.

Well nobody likes people who dress like 1920's reporters so deal with two buttons

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

Well nobody likes people who dress like 1920's reporters so deal with two buttons

Did this say french revolutionaries and then you ninja edited it, because, yeah, bring out the guillotines.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Yes, get a life

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

Yes, get a life

I'm going to run the spotlight for a musical in a bit. I've got nothing else going on but playing with my dog (which I just dressed as a unicorn) for the next half hour or so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
They’re good dogs, Brent.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

blarzgh posted:

Could have gone with a 90s ska band here tbh.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

Could have gone with a 90s ska band here tbh.

Or Rockabillies

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I dress like Don 'Magic' Juan because I know Green's for the money and Gold's for the honey

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

All dogs are good dogs but that's an especially good dog.

blarzgh posted:

Spoken as someone not willing to be avantgarde. Myself, I'm trying to formalize knitted sweaters.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

If the costume were made out of bread would this be a sandwich?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Are you still not supposed to button the bottom button on a two button suit? That’s just one button

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are you still not supposed to button the bottom button on a two button suit? That’s just one button

I think the rule is never button the bottom button, regardless of how many buttons precede it

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Rules are made to be broken

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yes. Wear either two button or three roll 2 (button only middle) coats

nm
Jan 28, 2008

3 button jackets are hideous.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yes. Or just leave it unbuttoned.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Always wanted to wear one of those Chinese chairman mao style suits to court to see what happened

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Unless you are a 6'8" professional athlete three buttons is not for you

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I own a 5 button suit.

I’d have to lose 50 lbs to fit in it again, though.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

TheMadMilkman posted:

I own a 5 button suit.

How many buttons did you button?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Seriously, I'm 6'4 with a long torso, and they look wrong.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Two button or nothing. Never button.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Two button and button one button
Note that I have the physique to not look like poo poo with a buttoned button of a two button when I stand upright

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nm posted:

You sound short.

nm posted:

I had to get some ties lengthened to even do a four-in-hand.

nm posted:

Seriously, I'm 6'4

nm out here flexing hard on these manlets

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alexeythegreat posted:

Two button and button one button
Note that I have the physique to not look like poo poo with a buttoned button of a two button when I stand upright

Didn't even know two-button track suits existed

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

EwokEntourage posted:

Always wanted to wear one of those Chinese chairman mao style suits to court to see what happened

I saw The Wire and it seems like courts are big on ties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Nice piece of fish posted:

Didn't even know two-button track suits existed

I'll be wearing a traxedo to my wedding
jk like I ever will have a wedding I exist to bill and answer pointless emails