Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

we can only hope. I have little doubt him and his blighted family will try to spin a loss into the trump tv poo poo he was going to try after he lost to hillary.

He will make every future Presidential election about himself if he can. I hope he lives to be 250.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pellisworth posted:

If MS Sen goes (D) wouldn't that bring the net Senate change to zero?

Florida R Mississippi D would be R +1

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Hyde-Smith used to be a Democrat and voted in the 2008 primary:

"You can leave a ballot blank, or you can vote for the third or fourth person on there that nobody knows, because I assure you that I didn't vote for either (Clinton or Obama). That is just honestly the 100-percent truth.

"It was probably a no-name, but I still can't remember who the no-name was. But it certainly wasn't either one of them. Because you have so many folks who just, you know, their names on the ballot or you can have a write-in. That was, gosh, 10 years ago, and I have no idea what the name was."

I swear I didn't vote for Obama or Hillary your honor.

Easy Diff posted:

Reminder that Lex Luthor did win the presidency a few years ago in the comics, and he put LexCorp in a blind trust to avoid accusations of corruption.

A literal comic book super-villain is less awful than our current president.

The mind boggles.

Lex Luthor used to be a mad scientist, but he was reinvented in the 80s as an evil businessman.

quote:

It was a time when anti-corporate public sentiment against real-life Wall Street villains like Michael Milken and Barry Minkow was on the rise (the film Wall Street, featuring the partly Milken-inspired Gordon Gekko, was released one year later). But unsurprisingly, one wealthy ’80s mogul in particular inspired the new Luthor: "Of course, Donald Trump was our model," Byrne tells The Daily Beast.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 18, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

no, sorry, it's illegal to make me have hope in this race

mods, arrest this man

making them spend money on it is plenty cool

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/smit_linda/status/1063934653571244032

What's wrong with your FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I need to know if he brought a tanning bed to the white house

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

If MS Sen goes (D) wouldn't that bring the net Senate change to zero?

Net zero since 2016 but still minus one since Alabama.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1063925539835064320

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hehe, no way Republicans win the messaging war for weed and student debt relief.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ross Ulbricht is truly America's Greatest Hero.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

hehe, no way Republicans win the messaging war for weed and student debt relief.

gently caress, the wouldn't even be able to sell that to their own party, let alone anyone outside it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
So I have no idea how reputable the source is, but this seems fishy as hell:
https://qz.com/1465202/melania-trump-racked-up-a-174000-hotel-bill-during-a-one-day-trip-to-toronto/

quote:

How Trump and her staff ran up nearly $200,000 in hotel bills for a 12-hour trip is unclear (the total was nearly double the $95,050 bill for a hotel in Cairo, Egypt, where she stopped for a day last month during a trip to Africa). All six charges for the first lady’s Toronto hotel bills were paid to “miscellaneous foreign awardees” rather than a specific hotel. 

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

So I have no idea how reputable the source is, but this seems fishy as hell:
https://qz.com/1465202/melania-trump-racked-up-a-174000-hotel-bill-during-a-one-day-trip-to-toronto/

i thought the same thing initially but it is just based off a bunch of links to public records about her spending in toronto, so seems legit

also people who are generally good picked it up

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1063525572616306688

and apparently it's not the first time there were massive unexplained expenses for day trips

https://twitter.com/SarahFKessler/status/1063197686491426823

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Justin Trudeau is a high priced gigalo

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Chilichimp posted:

LOL, can you even imagine Republicans spearheading the reform of student debt of all things? They tried to kill the Public Service Debt Forgiveness program three times since Trump took over, and have done everything possible to make it harder to sue places that literally scammed people into fake diplomas.

And Weed? HA.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Man AOC really is a great litmus test for mainstream liberals.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

eke out posted:

i thought the same thing initially but it is just based off a bunch of links to public records about her spending in toronto, so seems legit

also people who are generally good picked it up

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1063525572616306688

and apparently it's not the first time there were massive unexplained expenses for day trips

https://twitter.com/SarahFKessler/status/1063197686491426823

the original article notes that Michelle Obama burned 200k on a two-day trip to Chengdu, but that maaaay have presented greater security and communications hurdles than twelve hours in Canada

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

God. How can you be this consistent of a fuckup? Like everything this man has done right since he published his first publicity headshot with the prominent marker stain on his shirt has just blown up right in his face.

Wile E. Coyote has a more solid success rate than this diaper dip.

The man makes a living by collecting a stipend from brain worm having senile conservative boosters. If he was capable at all and not spectacularly lazy, he'd be doing something else. He's Dave Rubin except even more dumb.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

LOL, can you even imagine Republicans spearheading the reform of student debt of all things? They tried to kill the Public Service Debt Forgiveness program three times since Trump took over, and have done everything possible to make it harder to sue places that literally scammed people into fake diplomas.

And Weed? HA.

yeah and even without killing it, they're administering it in such a way that it's loving impossible to get it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/the-education-department-data-shows-how-rare-loan-forgiveness-is.html posted:

Just 96 people across the country have been released from their debt, thanks to public service loan forgiveness. Last year was the first year of eligiblity, since the program was signed into law in 2007 and it requires at least 10 years of payments to qualify. Nearly 30,000 borrowers have applied for the forgiveness, according to the Education Department's data.

That means less than 1 percent of people who've applied for public service loan forgiveness actually got it.

i guess, charitably, it may not be solely malice, since apparently the program is really non-transparent and people who think they qualify actually don't. but i assume malice is involved

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the original article notes that Michelle Obama burned 200k on a two-day trip to Chengdu, but that maaaay have presented greater security and communications hurdles than twelve hours in Canada

They also make a point of saying Michelle's expenses included her staff as well, and Melania's didn't. I know it's probably minor in the grand scheme of things, but poo poo's weird.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TyroneGoldstein posted:

The man makes a living by collecting a stipend from brain worm having senile conservative boosters. If he was capable at all and not spectacularly lazy, he'd be doing something else. He's Dave Rubin except even more dumb.

I'm sure he's making a good living. I mean a lot of people have no ethics who aren't doing as well financially as he is.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Horseshoe theory posted:

Ross Ulbricht is truly America's Greatest Hero.

On the one hand a life sentence is really quite harsh, especially considering how young he was when he was arrested. But on the other hand that motherfucker did seven separate murders for hire, or at least he believed he did anyways. (The assassin's were all feds.)

He also kept an incredibly detailed daily diary of his activities as related to the Silk Road*, and it paints a portrait of an psychopath who just doesn't care what the consequences of his actions are to anyone who isn't him.. Beyond that though the diary made the feds case a hilariously amazing slam dunk.

*He literally kept the diary on the same laptop he used to admin the entire Silk Road website.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He’s the origin of the “mycrimes.txt” meme.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

mcmagic posted:

Man AOC really is a great litmus test for mainstream liberals.
Eric Garland is a really lovely grifter #Resistance type guy so I try to ignore him when possible. But yes, the liberals who are having a collective aneurysm over AOC need to rethink their priorities.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I think you will find that all the bears and moose will gently caress your poo poo up around here so security is probably super expensive.

Or she went to a Leafs game. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

They also make a point of saying Michelle's expenses included her staff as well, and Melania's didn't. I know it's probably minor in the grand scheme of things, but poo poo's weird.

also, lest i accidentally contribute to a Bad Narrative, it ALSO mentions that she spent Melania-Canada-visit levels of transportation expenses on TEN days in Denmark

Furnaceface posted:

I think you will find that all the bears and moose will gently caress your poo poo up around here so security is probably super expensive.

Or she went to a Leafs game. :v:

welp mystery solved

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

As evidenced by the flood of replies to that tweet telling Weird Mike to gently caress off with that poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

As evidenced by the flood of replies to that tweet telling Weird Mike to gently caress off with that poo poo.

i wish to reiterate that Mike Cernovich tried to get a friend of mine kicked out of her grad program for mouthing off to him on Twitter and so I hate him that little bit more personally than other generic Nazi rape-apologists

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Fuuuuuuck

https://twitter.com/ER_DavidLittle/status/1063958492183023616

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

And towns like that are a dime a dozen in northern California.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Lol for real this list is, as far as I can tell, literally every town and city in the state:

http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/fireplan/fireplanning_communities_at_risk

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, I can think of a few mountain towns in Socal like that too. I'd be so sad if Idyllwild burned down :(

There are a lot of forest or mountain towns all over the state cause those were the places that had reliable water or a major mine

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Never would have guessed this.

https://twitter.com/MitziEpstein/status/1063492305678561280?s=20

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Hahaha wtf actually that list I linked is some bullshit...both Ridgecrest and loving North Edwards are listed as "at high risk of damage from wildfire", and both of those are in the middle of the goddamn desert, North Edwards especially so. Places like that have no business being on the same list as say, deathblaze waiting to happen Oroville.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rigel posted:

We shouldn't get our hopes up, but Hyde-Smith has screwed up her Mississippi runoff race so badly that polls are now tightening.

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1063992784770801664

"Pro-public hanging"

What the poo poo?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Pro-public hanging"

What the poo poo?

You might want to sit down for this in my seat at the hanging!

:v:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rigel posted:

We shouldn't get our hopes up, but Hyde-Smith has screwed up her Mississippi runoff race so badly that polls are now tightening.

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1063992784770801664

I live in Hattiesburg Ms and voted this time and will be voting again. But trust me, there is zero chance of a Republican not beating a black man here. However racist you think Ms is, whatever caricaturized cartoon land version of it you imagine, it is worse.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Pro-public hanging"

What the poo poo?

https://www.theroot.com/gop-mississippi-senator-jokes-about-public-hanging-and-1830386883

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
GAH... Cursed image as the splash...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Cable Guy posted:

GAH... Cursed image as the splash...

Ordinarily I’d say it’d be hard for anything in that room to be more hateful than the couch, but they managed to do it twice in one photo!