Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

syscall girl posted:

i just learned the phrase 'virtue signaling' and my posting finger is itching

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Besesoth posted:

Gotta move those goalposts, surely this is better than admitting you're wrong!

I can't tell if you're being disingenuous or if you're actually this dumb, but either way, this trans person thinks you should shut the hell up.

The joke is that the BDSM collar in the colors of the trans flag is called a "friendship collar", as if the characteristics of the object didn't have more significant implications

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

jit bull transpile posted:

It's true, only an idiot would call someone woke like it was a bad thing

Nah son, dude wasn't treating transpeople as a joke, he was making a tepid observation/joke about how the color of the collar sorta resembles the trans-flag and you jump in to make GOD drat SURE that the guy who wasn't mocking transpeople was not, in fact, mocking transpeople.

EDIT: I don't know what you identify as, so I apologize if I made an incorrect assumption about your gender. But nah, that dude wasn't mocking transfolk.

Who What Now posted:

Yo check this out: you can buy whatever the gently caress you want whenever you want!

Nah, adults who buy toys are super weird.

EDIT: I was gonna add "unless they are adult toys" but nah, those are weird too.

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you were young you wouldn't have the money to buy them.

Nah, but I could ask my parents for them.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Nov 18, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Screaming Idiot posted:

On the bright side it gave me the chance to look up Transformer toys and they got some loving cool ones. There's one that looks like a shark and when it transforms into a robot it doesn't even have random bits hanging off of it. Toys are really cool these days, and it makes me wish I was young enough to be able to buy them.

If you were young you wouldn't have the money to buy them.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I am also a trans person, brain genius. And I'm tired of our mere existence being a punch line. I'm still waiting for any other explanation for that "joke"

The collar is in the colors of the trans flag. Collars are a common symbol of BDSM relationships; specifically, subs wear collars. Anyone who knows a) the colors of the trans flag and b) that subs wear collars is going to take the wrong message away from that "friendship collar", and it is funny that the manufacturer did not think about this before marketing the collar. The joke is not at the expense of trans people. The joke is at the expense of straight people who don't realize the symbolism inherent in the object.

Jesus loving christ, you're the reason people make lovely "DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?" jokes. Go do your concern trolling somewhere else.

e: Derail tax:

https://i.imgur.com/YzWZHjX.mp4

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 04:45 on Nov 18, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I just hope n one here is kink shaming trans people.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Really none of this is funny.

Well except for that picture of the transformer submarine. That was chuckle worthy.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Besesoth posted:

Jesus loving christ, you're the reason people make lovely "DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?" jokes. Go do your concern trolling somewhere else.

Actually people make jokes like that because they suck and you suck for making excuses for them

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Actually people make jokes like that because they suck and you suck for making excuses for them

You are a poor representation for your side of the argument and annoying while trying to be cute when called on it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Besesoth posted:

You are a poor representation for your side of the argument and annoying while trying to be cute when called on it.

You think I'm arguing for fun and trying to be disingenuous. I'm not. I was genuinely bothered by the post. You should think about why you perceive other people's emotions to be feigned or insincere.

What is with the internet and accusing people of trolling when they point out something is upsetting or offensive?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Maybe it’s because no one understands what was upsetting or offensive?

:shrug:

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

You think I'm arguing for fun and trying to be disingenuous. I'm not. I was genuinely bothered by the post. You should think about why you perceive other people's emotions to be feigned or insincere.

What is with the internet and accusing people of trolling when they point out something is upsetting or offensive?

what if the collar was blue, green, and yellow.

Would you have been offended if he had said those collars must have been made for Brazillian subs?

People are not suggesting that you are insincere in being upset (I think). They are suggesting you are being over-sensitive, and picking fights over a statement that was not inherently offensive.

I guess now he knows not to make any references to trans people in any context ever, I guess

hth

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

No, dumbass, I'm quoting from your rap sheet.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i think what the trans movement needs is more shouting at people for not speaking in my exact preferred way

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe it's because you have done this all over the forums for years

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok now this is funny.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Maybe it's because you have done this all over the forums for years

It's almost like these forums were a lovely place for trans people for years! One guy even sent threatening notes to my house because I asked him not to use the t word. But sure, I'm totally just play acting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I apologize for starting this derail, even inadvertently. Let's get back to posting funny images that no one could object to

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://i.imgur.com/B1ULXG8.mp4

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

It's almost like these forums were a lovely place for trans people for years! One guy even sent threatening notes to my house because I asked him not to use the t word. But sure, I'm totally just play acting.

No offense, but you sound like a loving idiot

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Yeah, jit, but somethimes you just get salty and argumentative and even transplainy and dig in your heels.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Why the hell would you give a goon your address :psyduck:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Besesoth posted:

now you're just victim blaming!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Don't really see much offensive about that joke but tbh I can see why someone would be sensitive to jokes made at their expense. A bunch of threads in the last few months have been dragged down by lovely transphobic jokes. And look at the various people coming out of the woodwork to snipe at jit for being "a bad trans person" or being "the problem with trans people", as opposed to like, being overly sensitive or whatever the actual issue is.

But whatever, move past it and heal. Post funny picture.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Gay Horney posted:

now you're just victim blaming!

That's..that's the definition of victim blaming, yes.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/heckendorcc/status/1060327122982584320

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Besesoth posted:

I bought a 3DS off a goon years ago. They sent it months late, just in time to be a surprise Christmas gift for my girlfriend. Like some sort of weird, goony Christmas miracle.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Everyone falling out about that collar ought to be strangled with it. We all identify as goons here.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I woke up like this in my grade 10 science class. Only when I woke up, I also threw my glasses across the room.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The General posted:

I woke up like this in my grade 10 science class. Only when I woke up, I also threw my glasses across the room.

I read a science thing once where there's a theory the jerking awake a thing is a holdover from the days going to asleep and falling out of a tree was a real concern.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Randaconda posted:

I read a science thing once where there's a theory the jerking awake a thing is a holdover from the days going to asleep and falling out of a tree was a real concern.

Pretty jerking awake like that is more likely to make you fall out of a tree. I think it's just your brain being dumb and thinking that you're dying, not just falling asleep.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Besesoth posted:

No, dumbass, I'm quoting from your rap sheet.

Is that top one actually Kid Rock? Dr. Phil Honestly looks less like a Fox News Grandpa of the two.

Gripweed posted:

I apologize for starting this derail, even inadvertently. Let's get back to posting funny images that no one could object to

Someone needs to track down the original "Pitbull Heroically Bites Someone" joke. We can kick Jerry Seinfeld off of the Elder Statesman of American Comedy throne.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I didn't know it had the trans flag colors, I just thought a BDSM toy being sold as "Friendship Collar" was funny. My bad.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

My friend, the joke that you are offended by was a joke about what the colors on a collar represented. It wasn't an attack on trans rights. You are picking a fight with allies because you are thin skinned.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

My friend, the joke that you are offended by was a joke about what the colors on a collar represented. It wasn't an attack on trans rights. You are picking a fight with allies because you are thin skinned.

I think they might be retarded.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Robin Williams posted:

Dude, retarded is not the preferred nomenclature!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Robin Williams posted:

The word "they" is triggering meeee

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

Dude, retarded is not the preferred nomenclature!

Spastic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

I don't get this one, where are the other three panels?