Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Luffy doing stealth missions?

Does showing up at the front door and screaming "[enemy name here] COME OUT!" count as stealth, can we just do that instead please?

Also why is Luffy guarding against bullets?

Observation haki is video game highlight vision (I don't know what game really did this first, but it looks like a really close copy of detective mode from the Batman Arkham games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm glad you're all giving reasons not to bother with it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i'd be okay with stealth takedowns if luffy screamed I'M SECRETLY ATTACKING YOU as he did it

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I mean they already made a pirate warriors right? It seems like that's what everyone wants out of a one piece game

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I tried 3 on the pc and it's kinda poo poo

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
The only One Piece videogame I want would be a fighting game with lots of cool little character interactions, like the recent Dragonball one. Also Usopp would take ten times as much effort as any other character to win with.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I mean they already made a pirate warriors right? It seems like that's what everyone wants out of a one piece game

Nah, stealth segments are fine with me but it shouldn't be Luffy doing them. Robin's an assassin! Using her unique powers for stealth takedowns would be fun!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

usopp, the dan of op

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

Nah, stealth segments are fine with me but it shouldn't be Luffy doing them. Robin's an assassin! Using her unique powers for stealth takedowns would be fun!

robin stealth takedowns are not gameplay just click on a person and they dead

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This videogame's environments still look like they were made for another game before they decided to make this a One Piece game.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

brainSnakes posted:

The only One Piece videogame I want would be a fighting game with lots of cool little character interactions, like the recent Dragonball one. Also Usopp would take ten times as much effort as any other character to win with.

:yeah:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a fighting game is the last thing I'd want

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
one piece would work really well as a fighting game by arcsys ya

theres loads of one piece games that do cool stuff already. i want one piece vs dbz!!!

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i would love a real full on marvel vs capcom esque one piece game because all the super weird fighting game mechanics that are normally in MvC games would fit like a glove with the OP universe. you can literally copy and paste magneto onto kidd, luffy as dhalsim with more rushdown and no projectiles, nami and ussopp as projectile characters. the possibilities are frigging ENDLESS. (blackbeard with a double damage system would be AMAZING)

edit: you can even have characters power up into their logia forms for a cost of bar, really go crazy and make luffy spend 2 for a snakeman or tankman powerup (but make them really insanely hard hitting with low frame full screen stretchy punches). spend one on ussopp and become sogeking, spend two and become godsopp etc, I've been dreaming about a OP fighting game forever

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 18, 2018

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Indiana_Krom posted:

Luffy doing stealth missions?

Does showing up at the front door and screaming "[enemy name here] COME OUT!" count as stealth, can we just do that instead please?

Also why is Luffy guarding against bullets?

Observation haki is video game highlight vision (I don't know what game really did this first, but it looks like a really close copy of detective mode from the Batman Arkham games).
Yeah, the whole "stealth" part of the trailer really felt like Bandai Namco just discovered the Arkham games and decided to replicate stuff from those games, despite the Arkham series being practically over and done with. The only difference is that Observation Haki comes with a time slowdown effect in combat that sets it apart from Detective Vision (unless one of the Arkham games did include that as an unlockable upgrade and I'm forgetting that).

On the other hand, Usopp and Franky as the blacksmith/equipment shop makes perfect sense. Chopper is almost certainly going to be handling healing items and health upgrades, but I have no idea what Zoro and Brook will be covering. Combat training makes sense for Zoro, but Brook...doesn't exactly have a role that would translate to what World Seeker is going for with the rest of the crew.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
He'll be the music menu

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

QuasiQuack posted:

Can Luffy read?

It aint canon but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-jYXg-Z9DE

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Observation haki makes perfect sense as detective vision let's be real here

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Indiana_Krom posted:

i think metroid prime did it first

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol i love this

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the best kind of one piece game would be a combination of wind waker and spider-man. or like the black flag sailing stuff, which is great fun and has cool navel combat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Luffy can actually be kinda stealthy when necessary. Impel Down mostly comes to mind. (though he went loud pretty quick)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

True but it shouldn't slow the enemies down. That is exactly what gear 2 should be for.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crocodile ragdolling down some stairs is great
World seeker GOTYAY

socialsecurity posted:

True but it shouldn't slow the enemies down. That is exactly what gear 2 should be for.

There is a difference between going faster and everything else going slower. And it involves having a way to traverse faster in an open world game.

Observation Haki as detective vision is great tho. Wonder what they'll do for conquerors?

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 18, 2018

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Idc what anyone says I'm gonna get this game

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

i would love a real full on marvel vs capcom esque one piece game because all the super weird fighting game mechanics that are normally in MvC games would fit like a glove with the OP universe. you can literally copy and paste magneto onto kidd, luffy as dhalsim with more rushdown and no projectiles, nami and ussopp as projectile characters. the possibilities are frigging ENDLESS. (blackbeard with a double damage system would be AMAZING)

edit: you can even have characters power up into their logia forms for a cost of bar, really go crazy and make luffy spend 2 for a snakeman or tankman powerup (but make them really insanely hard hitting with low frame full screen stretchy punches). spend one on ussopp and become sogeking, spend two and become godsopp etc, I've been dreaming about a OP fighting game forever

I would throw money at you to make that game. When do we start?

OP Vs Shonen?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

It makes perfect sense, sure, but detective vision is an old and tired gameplay mechanic by now. The whole game looks super uninspired.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Luffy playing like Spider-Man makes a surprising amount of sense. Also wondering if Gum-Gum UFO means UFOs are a known thing in One Piece world. Probably.

Also, with December coming up, I realise the Straw Hats have the setting's Rudolph equivalent as their full time doctor, and wondering what a pirate Santa Claus would be like. Almost certainly awesome.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Ahaha I was watching some Ed Edd n Eddy clips and this scene with sumo wrestling Jimmy is the conclusion of the Luffy vs Cracker fight down to a tee! I wonder if Oda would like the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eaNPsqWjjc&t=163s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like how most of that trailer is complete nonsense if you're not a One Piece fan.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ivankov seems to imply that he has a major secret on Crocodile, which the fandom has run with the fairly reasonable in contex theory that Crocodille is a transman. A particularly audaciously mad segment has concluded Crocodile is Luffy's mother.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It could also just be that Crocodile used to be a revolutionary/Is Dragon's brother or cousin/Ate the Sand Sand fruit in order to control a horrible bout if diarrhea he was having. :pram:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ivankov seems to imply that he has a major secret on Crocodile, which the fandom has run with the fairly reasonable in contex theory that Crocodille is a transman. A particularly audaciously mad segment has concluded Crocodile is Luffy's mother.

Also when Oda drew all the Shichibukai as kids Crocodile was very androgynous, and in the flaskback of Gold Roger getting executed Crocodile is only shown from the back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I hope we never find out what it is

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
https://youtu.be/OkUM2sse1PA

The anime just hit my other favorite part of WCI, Carrot's Sulong transformation. Super saiyan rabbit for nakama.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Julias posted:

It could also just be that Crocodile used to be a revolutionary/Is Dragon's brother or cousin/Ate the Sand Sand fruit in order to control a horrible bout if diarrhea he was having. :pram:

Crocodile is trans

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Jose posted:

I hope we never find out what it is

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
It was that he got chumped by Whitebeard. That was the secret. It was really really obvious, One Piece fans couldn't pick up on literary subtleties to save their lives.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ryaomon posted:

It was that he got chumped by Whitebeard. That was the secret. It was really really obvious, One Piece fans couldn't pick up on literary subtleties to save their lives.

... got chumped by Whitebeard. who in his 70's was called the strongest man in the world. who punched an island and it exploded. who created tsunamis as an opening attack.

like, no poo poo, he got chumped by Whitebeard. I'm pretty sure everybody who fought Whitebeard save for Roger got chumped.

so that makes the secret into... that he fought Whitebeard. which... isn't much of a secret, since the very first thing Crocodile does when he sees him is try to attack him, in front of hundreds of witnesses. so that's a pretty poo poo secret he's got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The best theory I've seen is that it was a very disgraceful defeat. Crocodile didn't go down fighting, but instead begged for his life to get spared.