Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The worst part is the salt. Our roads end up with more salt than the Dead Sea by the end of January and that poo poo eats your vehicle like you wouldnt believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pirate Radar posted:

Lol I forgot the missile part of the Digimon movie was in the middle and the end was that bit with the baby Digimon

If you forgot that part you also probably also forgot that the movie started with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57LrcA_TDs

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
kinda glad i dont live right next to ontario anymore

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Homura and Sickle posted:

kinda glad i dont live right next to ontario anymore

Still better than living in Ohio.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

hey vb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8f5RgwY8CI

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This article loving owns https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-flat-earth-conference-where-the-worlds-oldest-conspiracy-theory-is-hot-again

Logan Paul, David Dees, and Pepe walk into a convention center...

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

They've done music videos for like every single track on this album lol. Not particularly impressed with any of them.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Is cinnamon really considered "hot" in 'murica?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

It’s not “hot” the same way as peppers are but we do use that word to describe the taste yeah

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s not “hot” the same way as peppers are but we do use that word to describe the taste yeah

I feel like I suddenly understand all the "White people in America don't know spices" memes.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

in the parts settled by germans, yeah

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

going to grab some hot coffee

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

to be fair to us white americans, our stupidity goes both ways and this is a white people only thing

https://www.hotsauce.com/daves-gourmet-insanity-hot-sauce/

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
“Cinnamon is a spice that’s hot but not spicy” is a succinct explanation of how dumb English can be

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Randler posted:

Not the way you are thinking. No one is eating a cinnamon roll and waving at their mouth going "thats-a spicy meatball" or anything. just cinnamon isn't hot.

artificial cinnamon flavor or cinnamon extract has a hot flavor when concentrated and a bunch of candy (and alcohol) is based on that. Cinnamaldehyde activates heat sensing nerves, and has a cinnamon flavor and there isn't particularly enough in the raw spice to add a hot flavor to a baked good but can make a hot candy if that is the main ingredient.

Owlofcreamcheese fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 18, 2018

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They don't have atomic fireballs in Germany?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What about fireball 'whiskey'? It's a favorite among hicks and frat boys.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Fireball and cider is good but you can make it yourself with real cinnamon and better whiskey and it's awesome on a cold evening

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

til that latvia *actually* has 420 firemen

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
brb gonna start my arson career in latvia

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

randler show us how tough you are by eating a couple spoonfulls of cinnamon. the anglos will be real impressed

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

randler show us how tough you are by eating a couple spoonfulls of cinnamon. the anglos will be real impressed

I know that this is something the kids on Youtube do, so I'll have to decline.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Randler posted:

I know that this is something the kids on Youtube do, so I'll have to decline.

eat a tide pod old man

do it

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

also free dickeye namaste

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Randler posted:

I feel like I suddenly understand all the "White people in America don't know spices" memes.

I feel like it's so weird how the actual thing "americans use a limited pallet of spices" mutated into 'americans don't like hot food". Food around the world has never been very hot, south america uses chili peppers in things but like, just chopped up or dried or pickled chili peppers aren't particularly extreme, like thailand and that region is the only place that really has a really authentic tradition of making a lot of concentrated chili oil that is used commonly in everyday food. The idea of anyone eating xxx tream heat food only happened in modern times when people got way into chemically extracting stuff or doing novelty breeding. The real thing "americans don't like spice" is that americans grill chicken breasts and then eat that, not that they don't like 'spicey" hot food.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like it's so weird how the actual thing "americans use a limited pallet of spices" mutated into 'americans don't like hot food".

it’s not weird when you qualify “Americans” with “white Americans”

you dumb moron

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

stone cold posted:

it’s not weird when you qualify “Americans” with “white Americans”

Yeah, but the joke/stereotype is supposed to be about seasoned vs unseasoned, not about hot vs not hot. There isn't a tradition of black people eating super hot food, there is a tradition of black people seasoning food in much more interesting ways than white americans. Like it's weird when people took the "spice" part to mean "hot spice".

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm not a particular expert on caribbean food and exactly what part of its roots stretch back to africa, but it is definitely a cuisine that makes intense heat a part of everyday cooking and my impression is a lot of that comes from peppers imported from africa

if nutranurse is around he'll know more than me

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also lol, i've enjoyed the food of the rhineland and while it is rich in meat, cream, and other associated dairy fats i would not call it heavily spiced

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

blood isn't a spice

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I think we already discussed the depressing social causes and implications of the "White people food is bland" meme a while ago, because that clearly inspired me to eat McDonald's this week (twice even!).

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
sometimes, once or twice a year, for no reason i get an insatiable craving for mcdonalds and i go out and eat mcdonalds and then i am filled with regret. i wish i knew the physiological drive behind this cycle

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/1063066289151692802

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm not a particular expert on caribbean food and exactly what part of its roots stretch back to africa, but it is definitely a cuisine that makes intense heat a part of everyday cooking and my impression is a lot of that comes from peppers imported from africa

if nutranurse is around he'll know more than me

Wouldn’t the peppers in question not be imported from Africa but be gathered more locally? Unless it’s specific cultivars that were split off from American peppers and are now local to Africa?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Good cat (Muniz is a CHUD if I recall correctly).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

...life is unfair....

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/1061317102945099776?s=21

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Horseshoe theory posted:

Good cat (Muniz is a CHUD if I recall correctly).

his brain is all hosed up from multiple concussions to the point that he suffers from regular minor strokes, and claims not to remember filming malcom in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pirate Radar posted:

Wouldn’t the peppers in question not be imported from Africa but be gathered more locally? Unless it’s specific cultivars that were split off from American peppers and are now local to Africa?

again, i'm very familiar with the culinary history

it has been undeniably spicy for a good length of time though

edit: er… not very familiar

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 19, 2018