Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Does Fortuna make Plains effectively skippable now?

No, but having a k-drive will help until you have an archwing launcher built, and the Fortuna mining laser is straight up better than anything you get from the plains and will help quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm super curious about how the new sentinel weapons from legs perform/function and it's maddening that they require such a high rank to buy

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Hobold posted:

What are some good, punny names, for the Helminth charger.

Not a pun, but after seeing all the tentacle-y bits on the helminth charger, I felt obligated to name mine Wiggles. :3:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hobold posted:

Vladimir Mutin

Infes-Ted

Phil Helminth

Minthy Fresh

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Nope. It's a whole different set of grinds.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So....as a newer player, day 53 I think and very off and on with work...when is the best time to start working on Plains stuff?

No, Plains still offer some things you will want. But strangely, Fortuna makes some Plains grind skippable. You need to finish the intro quest for Fortuna and you'd get your hoverboard that you can use in plains, until you can get your skywing which is way grindier. Also, do some Fortuna bounties until you have 2500 pts to spend on the mining laser, then you can skip all the Plains cutting lasers.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hobold posted:

Helminth Mayo

Helter Skelter posted:

No, but having a k-drive will help until you have an archwing launcher built, and the Fortuna mining laser is straight up better than anything you get from the plains and will help quite a bit.

I read on the wiki it doesn't give the highest tier of plains gems, so the Advanced Nosam is still important to have.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

super sweet best pal posted:

Helminth Mayo

I read on the wiki it doesn't give the highest tier of plains gems, so the Advanced Nosam is still important to have.

Can confirm this is false, I found Nyths and Sentiriums with the Fortuna cutter.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Shalhavet (in game) gave me the 2 mods I needed and I built the Boltor FileNotFound posted a few pages ago. It is pretty awesome. I need a bit more endo to put the last point or 2 into it to get to the final build, but it is tearing through guys like nothing. I do at least kind of have to aim, but I can mostly run around like crazy without worrying much about headshots and it's still super effective.

I paid some plat and bought a Nekros Prime since he's vaulted, and did a bit of relic cracking and got all the Chroma Prime parts except the systems, including two of the helmets.

Quick question re: abilities. Is there a mod to get energy back so I'm less reliant on drops? I was playing a bunch of Frost, and hit a while where I didn't get any energy drops after being energy drained, and couldn't use any of my skills for minutes in a row.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Theres (spoiler), and there's pizza. I think some pizza recipes are in the dojo?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
There's the energy siphon aura too. It's not corrosive projection, but by the time you really need to worry about bringing corpro you'll have (spoiler) energy regen, which is way better.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Hobold posted:

I named mine Clemidia (on account of the Infested Grinner Charger model)(and being gross)

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
I just got a bunch of free stuff from some lovely pal by the name of CaveAdapted so if you see this, homeslice, thank you for being such a darn nice guy/gal!!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I usually find room for hunter adrenaline on my warframes. Get hit? Get energy. Profit. People should have tons of them laying around to give away.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Someone reminded me how stupid I am, and to tap into my love of starcraft. Naming my helminth Dehaka. Him an Nidus fit the theme pretty spot on.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Hobold posted:

Dog-Sothoth

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

In addition to all the other energy generation methods mentioned, there are also syndicate procs from syndicate weapons or weapon mods.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Dumb question, but how do you actually get blueprints from the dojo? I joined GOON the other day, entered the dojo briefly and just got lost wandering around.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Working as intended.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Razakai posted:

Dumb question, but how do you actually get blueprints from the dojo? I joined GOON the other day, entered the dojo briefly and just got lost wandering around.

The four rooms off the main hall have terminals for blueprints. Lots of good stuff in there.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
How much of the game is actually exclusively locked behind the clan research stuff? Does sharing that stuff just speed things up or is the only other way to get all that stuff to whale it up in that platshop?

I'm very much enjoying the pace and goals of the early game, so i'm shying away from dropping into groups of long term players who'd just skip/fast forward me a ton with gifts of stuff they have 50000 units of just collecting dust.

Besides plastids. Plastids can go gently caress themselves

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 18, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah some things are clan only. Small clans require less materials than huge rear end ones so its more balanced than it seems at first.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

RoadCrewWorker posted:

How much of the game is actually exclusively locked behind the clan research stuff? Does sharing that stuff just speed things up or is the only other way to get all that stuff to whale it up in that platshop?

I'm very much enjoying the pace and goals of the early game, so i'm shying away from dropping into groups of long term players who'd just skip/fast forward me a ton with gifts of stuff they have 50000 units of just collecting dust.

Goons will only help you if you want to be helped. Sadly things like plastids can't be traded so mostly it's just skipping awful mod drops, or helping you with prime parts for syndicates, or taxis to places (like places with plastids!), or index to avoid the hosed up credit earning balance in the game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Every clan gun/warframe is only available from a clan or for plat, you'll want to join up in a clan that has most stuff researched already and also pick up dragonkey blueprints and fun-haver items like itzal/staticor/nezha, half of the items require some invasion materials and a hefty credit sink but once you get to the index you can just slowly craft up fieldron/detonite/mutagen each day until you can have something new to make.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Just finished the missions that award a hoverboard. How do you summon the thing? I play m&k and my son plays on a 360 controller and we can't seem to figure it out. Googling just brings up controls for when you're already on the thing.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Is there some sort of strategy to collecting all the beetles and gew-gaws you need for plains and Fortuna rank? I'd like to have access to zaws.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Cactus posted:

Just finished the missions that award a hoverboard. How do you summon the thing? I play m&k and my son plays on a 360 controller and we can't seem to figure it out. Googling just brings up controls for when you're already on the thing.

You need to go to your arsenal and equip the launcher in your gear wheel. Then when you're in a mission you summon it by pressing q on m+kb (idk controller keybinds). You can also bind the gear wheel slot to a key if you want!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Xun posted:

You need to go to your arsenal and equip the launcher in your gear wheel. Then when you're in a mission you summon it by pressing q on m+kb (idk controller keybinds). You can also bind the gear wheel slot to a key if you want!

Haha was just coming back to delete my post after figuring it out. It's been a long time since I played this properly and am still rediscovering how everything works.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Arglebargle III posted:

Is there some sort of strategy to collecting all the beetles and gew-gaws you need for plains and Fortuna rank? I'd like to have access to zaws.

Get the mining laser from Fortuna. Mining definitely seems the way to go on Venus and it feels viable on PoE too. Fishing was the go to previously, but that involves dicking about grinding for stuff to help grind for other stuff.

Wandering around digging up rocks is easier. Plus, you'll probably wander past heaps of stuff you need to collect for Zaw building anyway. If it's moving, shoot it; if it's standing still, smash it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
drat, really glad I picked the Zenith. Only got 4 mods on it--Stormbringer, Malignant Force, Spit Chamber, and an unmaxed Serration--and I just handled a level 50 Phorrid with only a little difficulty.

Also during the fight that I realized that I could increase my Mag and Harrow game by bypassing one of the big weaknesses of shields by, well, just slipping into spoiler mode whenever I got hit with poison.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I still use this guide for farming mats if needed:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1303185143

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Right, i've been using that and a few others, but i'm still working my way through the star chart so the most optimal locations sometimes aren't accessible yet. Which is okay, i'm sure a few planets down the line i'll be swimming in plastids and cursing some other resource. :) Considering i have 3 frames, multiple weapons, 2 potatoes and a few helmets cooking after my first week i'm not surprised i'm running short on a few things.

I'm mostly running into a few roadblocks of soloing bosses with annoying invincibility patterns or weak points (looking at you Vay Hek) because i keep running out of energy and ammo and then it becomes a silly drawn out swordfight where either of us is too stupid and clumsy to do significant damage to the other.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 18, 2018

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Specters don't run out of ammo

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Can someone critique this build I'm looking at forma'ing my way into?

http://warframe-builder.com/Warfram...1-0-50/189420/0

It looks okay, but it doesn't have Hunter Adrenaline and I'm wondering if I might miss that more than its worth.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Can someone critique this build I'm looking at forma'ing my way into?

http://warframe-builder.com/Warfram...1-0-50/189420/0

It looks okay, but it doesn't have Hunter Adrenaline and I'm wondering if I might miss that more than its worth.

It has Steel Charge so, overall, 0/10.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

It has Steel Charge so, overall, 0/10.

Okay, but memes aside how does it actually look?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Valkyr doesn't need ability range and there's never a justification for locking yourself into Steel Charge unless you exclusively play solo.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Drop Stretch and 2 points off Umbral Fiber to slot Corrpro. The damage difference does matter.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Crono S. Magnum posted:

What are you trying to accomplish with the build? There's a couple flaws with it but how to improve it all depend on what you actually wanna do. Basic suggestions I'd have would be dropping Stretch for something else if it's a solo build, or dropping Steel Charge for a Dash polarity aura (depending on what you need) and swapping Umbral Intensify for Transient Fortitude. If you're trying to take it to super long endless poo poo, working Adaptation in would be a strong move as well, probably dropping Narrow Minded (Eternal War is essentially a duration mod already).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Crono S. Magnum posted:

It's not a meme, it's math.