Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Spoiler: Yeah, they're dumb enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RandomBlue posted:

IF DNC is dumb enough to put up Hillary or Biden then Trump will probably get reelected IMO. There's already tons of Uncle Creepy video of Biden.

Biden would probably beat Trump but Biden also sucks probably as bad or worse than Hillary on policy so it's not really a great thing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Vox Nihili posted:

Biden would probably beat Trump but Biden also sucks probably as bad or worse than Hillary on policy so it's not really a great thing.

correct

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
biden winning would just lead to trump 2.0 in 2024. same for any of these other pathetic neolib cucks

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

ur in my world now posted:

biden winning would just lead to trump 2.0 in 2024. same for any of these other pathetic neolib cucks

also correct

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

that's why i'm excited....

for Jeb!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

ur in my world now posted:

yea there's no way a neolib dem doesn't eat poo poo in 2022, especially in the midst of a likely recession

luckily it's basically the opposite of 2018 but still could lose the house with some shithead

KaptainKrunk has issued a correction as of 04:06 on Nov 18, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

holy poo poo stop posting

username/post but also not wrong

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Bernie is going to be 79 in 2020, Biden is going to be 78. If the Democratic field is that barren, yikes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kuato posted:

Bernie is going to be 79 in 2020, Biden is going to be 78. If the Democratic field is that barren, yikes.

Don't worry, we'll poo poo out another tepid neoliberal semi-republican eventually in 2024, if we're not all dead by then.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kuato posted:

hillary will be 73, clearly the superior choice

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Kuato posted:

There are plenty of young people they could run but because this country is rapidly aging and old people vote for old people and the old people in power just want more old people like them in power both parties just tend to run geezers.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

KiteAuraan posted:

There are plenty of young people they could run but because this country is rapidly aging and old people vote for old people and the old people in power just want more old people like them in power both parties just tend to run geezers.

the US political system leans towards being gerontocracy for sure but the Democrats do actually tend to be older than the Republicans for a few reasons - in addition to prioritizing seniority far more than Republicans re: positions of congressional leadership/committee assignments (blocking opportunities/exposure for younger politicians) they're also suffering the effects of having gotten completely wrecked under the Obama administration at both the state and federal levels

turning into a regional party of the coasts meant that the surviving congressional dems were the most lich-like long-term incumbents in incredibly safe districts/states (who generally had things locked up so tight nobody could plausibly challenge them), and the beating dems took at the state level largely eliminated whatever pipeline of political talent might have otherwise existed

this is changing, but there are specific structural/historical reasons the Democratic bench is largely an uninspiring bunch of politicians who've been around since at least the 1990's (and seem to have worldviews that are permanently stuck there)

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Another thing I think happens is that there really isn't a Democratic equivalent of the Koch Brothers and all those shits grooming young talent all through their lives like Paul Ryan and the various judicial ghouls.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

KiteAuraan posted:

Another thing I think happens is that there really isn't a Democratic equivalent of the Koch Brothers and all those shits grooming young talent all through their lives like Paul Ryan and the various judicial ghouls.

WHAT ABOUT (((SOROS)))

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

KiteAuraan posted:

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1048704115923202048?s=20

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kuato posted:

yeah the dems only have those two and then between ages 35 and 75 you've got 10,000 milquetoast jon ossoff and tim kaine clones and then under 35 you've got a couple of people who are actually good

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Shear Modulus posted:

that's why i'm excited....

for Jeb!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah the dems only have those two and then between ages 35 and 75 you've got 10,000 milquetoast jon ossoff and tim kaine clones and then under 35 you've got a couple of people who are actually good

sexx tricker 2020

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
Buttigieg 2020. Make America gay again.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
mandatory homosexuality was a bit of a sudden change but i’ve got to say that it turned out pretty well. thank you buttigieg

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

KiteAuraan posted:

i mean, there still is the lanyard careerist path for the dems

it's just that it's been dominated by the right wing of the party since carter and utterly controlled by it since clinton. a person literally has to qualify for early social security in 2020 to be old enough to have gone for their first volunteer position before the party's new hotness was platitudes about the market from people who were only interested in student interns as future staff, absolutely no shop stewards.

the other route into politics is, of course, funding your own election, which self-selects for bougie scum something fierce obviously.

so the left basically has to take the once-in-a-decade flukes it can get that also then don't disgrace themselves even with twice the enemies of a normal pol, and the one we got happens to be old.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

logikv9 posted:

mandatory homosexuality was a bit of a sudden change but i’ve got to say that it turned out pretty well. thank you buttigieg

I haven't gotten my assignment yet. :ohdear: Could the paperwork gotten lost in the mail?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I remember watching the 2008 democratic convention and thinking we’ve got a pretty deep bench for the future. Brian Schweitzer stood out, as did some others. It hadn’t occurred to me we’d be thinking about Biden/Hillary 10 years later.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kuato posted:

I remember watching the 2008 democratic convention and thinking we’ve got a pretty deep bench for the future. Brian Schweitzer stood out, as did some others. It hadn’t occurred to me we’d be thinking about Biden/Hillary 10 years later.

the clintons spent the years between 2008 and 2016 making sure nobody would get in the way of hillary running in 2016

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shear Modulus posted:

the clintons spent the years between 2008 and 2016 making sure nobody would get in the way of hillary running in 2016

KILLARY'S DEATH SQUADS :ohdear:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Screaming Idiot posted:

KILLARY'S DEATH SQUADS :ohdear:

You joke but have you ever met anyone who's survived her death squads? I didn't think so.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I'm still in a jade helm fema camp and they tell me that I won't be released til I'm fully converted to Muslim and gay married

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
seth rich was running for president and didn't get the hint

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shear Modulus posted:

It goes back even further than that, and not just in how they tried to sabotage Obama in 2008 once they finally woke up to him not being the minority flash-in-the-pan they expected. When Dean made his quixotic run for the nomination in 2004 he was up against considerable opposition from the Clintonite DLC, who didn't want him potentially screwing up her planned run in the next election cycle. It's hard to overstate just how much of a stranglehold those two have had on the party ever since Bill won the presidency back in the 90s, really.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Kamala Harris and Cory Booker are going to get lots of attention come 2020 and sadly they're probably the best the Dems can field under age 60

Either would be preferable to Biden, who will probably gaffe something racist and and something sexist and something both in at least one debate

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Biden is already torpedoed because of the kavanaugh/hill comparisons he's a dead man walking

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
rip nelson. looking forward to the new chuds in power implementing new guidelines that cap vote counting to the same day or something

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AHHHHHH nice thumbnail

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Mandoric posted:

i mean, there still is the lanyard careerist path for the dems

it's just that it's been dominated by the right wing of the party since carter and utterly controlled by it since clinton. a person literally has to qualify for early social security in 2020 to be old enough to have gone for their first volunteer position before the party's new hotness was platitudes about the market from people who were only interested in student interns as future staff, absolutely no shop stewards.

the other route into politics is, of course, funding your own election, which self-selects for bougie scum something fierce obviously.

so the left basically has to take the once-in-a-decade flukes it can get that also then don't disgrace themselves even with twice the enemies of a normal pol, and the one we got happens to be old.

how many lanyards actually end up in positions of office though rather than just being permanent support staff and hangers-on and also podcast idiots?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I want to believe Trump won't win in 2020 but lmao at any of the democrats we know now being able to beat him

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

logikv9 posted:

rip nelson. looking forward to the new chuds in power implementing new guidelines that cap vote counting to the same day or something

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1064302885486383104

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

cubans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
the tales of how inconsistently the digital voting machines work would be funny if they weren't sad. I think the general public has a perception that machine = reliable, I know I used to. Actually working with machines in manufacturing has shown me that in general machines are frustrating and unreliable piles of garbage.

I'm betting the answer is no, but do they do QA process control checks on these voting machines during operation? It's insanely easy for a machine to start operating out of specification if you aren't constantly validating that it is.