Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

are you certain the queen accepts bribes? it’s surprising, considering her vast personal wealth.

true, it's probably more likely that she just doesn't give a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Yeah man drop by the Palace and you can slip her maj a fiver to look the other way while you kick a corgi

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
How long will May stay in power?

twoday has issued a correction as of 11:19 on Nov 18, 2018

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pissflaps posted:

are you certain the queen accepts bribes? it’s surprising, considering her vast personal wealth.

Rich people engaging in schemes to make them even more rich?! What kind of ridiculous idea is that!?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Samovar posted:

Rich people engaging in schemes to make them even more rich?! What kind of ridiculous idea is that!?

the queen doesn’t need to take bribes to get richer

I was trying to be polite but the idea is absurd

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Pissflaps posted:

the queen doesn’t need to take bribes to get richer

I was trying to be polite but the idea is absurd

rich people spend far more money ensuring they never have to lose less money than they would if they just didn't spend the money in the first place, there is no rationality about rich people, they only care about one thing, expanding their hordes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its definitely something I can see the lesser royals doing though

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Jose posted:

Its definitely something I can see the lesser royals doing though

absolutely

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

twoday posted:

for as long as she likes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

twoday posted:

Until we're out of the EU probably. Soon as it's over she will be "strongly encouraged" to gently caress off by her colleagues. So maybe March. Or maybe it drags on interminably.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

for as long as she likes

or until a riot happens close enough to her that she gets spooked and bolts a la thatcher

she'll probably be in for a good long while though

forkboy84 posted:

Until we're out of the EU probably. Soon as it's over she will be "strongly encouraged" to gently caress off by her colleagues. So maybe March. Or maybe it drags on interminably.

she was already "strongly encouraged" to gently caress off by everyone and refused to leave, which is where the occasional tory no confidence vote is coming from

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

not a cult posted:

agreed, let the queen take the matter of sperm shortage into her trembling veiny hands

serious question: do you guys think the queen ever sucked a dick?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Something's got to keep a marriage going 71 years...

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

it's a little-known fact that her majesty's mechanical aptitude AND lifelong love are both memorialized in the name of that everyday device, the philipshead screwdriver

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Royal Dicksucker is one of the lesser-known staff positions in the queen's court, but a no less vital one

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yinlock posted:

she was already "strongly encouraged" to gently caress off by everyone and refused to leave, which is where the occasional tory no confidence vote is coming from

The only Tories who want her to go before Brexit are the real raving lunatics and there's less than a hundred of them. Most Tories realise that May loving off before Brexit means the next leader gets tarnished with the disastrous fallout and they really want it to be on May's shoulders. So for the time being she can't lose a no confidence vote in her party and she seems unlikely to lose a no confidence motion in parliament so we're stuck with her despite having zero authority or zero clue or zero support.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apparently that MEP lady has written ten novels very nice, I love conservatives who write novels

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

oliwan posted:

Apparently that MEP lady has written ten novels very nice, I love conservatives who write novels

I wonder how many hours of actual work some of these MEPs do in a week

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

What is the option that maximizes lmao but minimizes harm

That's what I want

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

brugroffil posted:

What is the option that maximizes lmao but minimizes harm
The deal is accepted by parliament but only after an amendment stating that from this day forward, all of the UK is in fact part of Northern Ireland, with big implications for Westminster as it becomes a Stormont style assembly voted in by ranked lists, where no legislation can ever happen again due to petitions of concern on a left/right basis. All schools henceforth have to teach people in English, Irish, and, controversially, Ulster Scots.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'd have a lot of respect for May if she just did a Harold Wilson and quit in the middle of all this, that would rule

I mean she's still a monster who covered up rapes but you know

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I'd have a lot more respect for the corbynites if they came out and said gently caress the vote, we want to try to remain if we can.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dance Officer posted:

I'd have a lot more respect for the corbynites if they came out and said gently caress the vote, we want to try to remain if we can.

source ur quotes

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dance Officer posted:

they don’t want to remain

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Martout posted:

I wonder how many hours of actual work some of these MEPs do in a week

30 minutes

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Still no explanation as to what 'bisto' is, voted 1, bad thread!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nikosoft posted:

Still no explanation as to what 'bisto' is, voted 1, bad thread!

quote:

Bisto is a well-known brand of traditional British foods in the United Kingdom, most famous for its gravy products.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
just lol at British "cuisine"

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

oliwan posted:

just lol at British "cuisine"

lmao don't you live in germany

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Not to be confused with Maxwell House.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Whorelord posted:

lmao don't you live in germany

No one said being better than the British at food was an impressive achievement.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Germans eat exclusively sausages

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
can't wait what horrors will arise from British cuisine when they brexit themselves out of a food supply

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Grape posted:

No one said being better than the British at food was an impressive achievement.

*eats bread made entirely of mud*

lecker

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

can't wait what horrors will arise from British cuisine when they brexit themselves out of a food supply

Ireland dictating policy to the UK is the funniest part of Brexit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1064445032797736960

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I’m surprised that an avowed communist wouldn’t understand the difference between ‘the markets’ and ‘the economy’, or consider the former crashing for whatever reason to be a cause for concern.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
To be fair, she is crashing the economy too

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/18/theresa-may-tory-rebels-brexit-deal-uk-immigration

quote:

“Getting back full control of our borders is an issue of great importance to the British people,” she will say, adding that EU citizens will no longer be able to “jump the queue ahead of engineers from Sydney or software developers from Delhi”.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/liberal-democrats/news/94573/former-cabinet-minister-says-theresa-may

quote:

Lib Dem Ed Davey said that he and the party’s now-leader Vince Cable pushed for a deal between the EU and the Commonwealth country but that it was vetoed by Mrs May, the then-Home Secretary.

In 2016, the Prime Minister also rejected calls from Indian officials to up the number of visas given to its citizens, allowing them to travel to Britain, saying the UK had a “good system” in place.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

“Getting back full control of our borders is an issue of great importance to the British people,” she will say, adding that EU citizens will no longer be able to “jump the queue ahead of engineers from Sydney or software developers from Delhi”.

This is some extremely galaxy brained poo poo