Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Boy Mitsuba went from nothing to dope as hell EXTREMELY quickly

so is this ex-boyfriend the first true example of a fuckboy in jojo because he seems like a fuckboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Fuckboys & Failsons

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Patware posted:

Boy Mitsuba went from nothing to dope as hell EXTREMELY quickly

so is this ex-boyfriend the first true example of a fuckboy in jojo because he seems like a fuckboy

This is Annasui erasure. :colbert:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think everyones looking forward to Beach Boy/Greatful Dead so theres no real reason to mention it here.

Which parts of Vento are gonna be the dopest animated?

White Album is a chase sequence for half of it so it should be great, but White Album is a bit of a no brainer to pick

Notorius BIG on the other hand, that one will REALLY benefit from being animated since its entirely about tension and pacing, the animators will be able to make Yashuo moving around slowly a whole lot more effective when everything is actually moving around. Spice Girls ability will look really nice with movement too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i like the anime thread being like "wow mista seems competent and extremely useful, i bet 90% of the enemy stands from this point won't be completely immune to gunfire"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Fuckboys & Failsons

You just made realize besides Josuke and Tsurugi every guy in part 8 seems to be a piece of poo poo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

You just made realize besides Josuke and Tsurugi every guy in part 8 seems to be a piece of poo poo.

Norisuke's alright despite his poor parenting(in that his goal was to not have a bunch of entitled weirdos for a family)

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
https://hiwamatanoboru.com

Link to the chapter for those who dont want to go looking.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Unless I'm forgetting something Norisuke seems alright

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tsurugi is a poo poo too

Norisuke is cool tho

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also yeah tsurugi is kind of hosed-up, though that's more because his stand power is horrifying and he isn't fully aware of just how bad it is due to being a literal child

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
so is "uu tomoki" supposed to be wu tomoki for the steely dan ref but the HWMN is just not gonna change it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Can't wait for someone competent to translate Jojolion one of these days

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh right I forgot about Norisuke. My point still stands.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

somepartsareme posted:

so is "uu tomoki" supposed to be wu tomoki for the steely dan ref but the HWMN is just not gonna change it

that would imply that uu tomoki has suffered some kind of failure

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yinlock posted:

i like the anime thread being like "wow mista seems competent and extremely useful, i bet 90% of the enemy stands from this point won't be completely immune to gunfire"

Literally the next fight has Sale survive a gunshot to the head, so they'll learn fast.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
don't worry mista shoots the bullet in his head with another bullet to penetrate his skull but not kill him?

I think mista ends up getting shot by his own bullets more than the bad guys do

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

uuu toumouki

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mista owns even if his bullets rarely work.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the anime watchers need to understand is that, while Mista is indeed a bad motherfucker, the baddest motherfucker in Bruno's squad is Bruno himself.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

in mista's defense i think his bullets never working or just shooting himself is part of his charm

you can't help but root for him after the 5th time a dude throws up a force field and mista's bullets fly straight into his own ribcage

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's called Sex Pistols because they are overhyped and cause more damage to their friends than to their enemies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

please don't talk about my six perfect sons like that

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dias posted:

It's called Sex Pistols because they are overhyped and cause more damage to their friends than to their enemies.

the Pistols themselves actually contribute quite a bit and are the deciding factor in more than one fight

it's mista himself who has a problem with everyone being immune to bullets except himself and his allies

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

im dumb

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah don't get it twisted, I love mista, he just gets owned a lot. but goddamn he's gonna try to see if he can end the fight instantly with hot lead every time

and then carne comes along and mista feels real good about himself for about ten minutes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
giorno also drives a car into a large body of water when fighting a dude who can make magic ice so I don't think anyone in Passione is a real smarty pants

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

giorno also drives a car into a large body of water when fighting a dude who can make magic ice so I don't think anyone in Passione is a real smarty pants

It's what I love about the series: The weirdo who goes on rants about language/metaphors to the point that he gets covered in sweat almost murks Giorno and Mista over GioGio going with a "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time :shrug:" winging-it plot.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I love that Passione is made up entirely of magical twinks and one dude with a shovel

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

somepartsareme posted:

we're talking about it so actually I'm thinking it will get changed

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
An important edit

https://youtu.be/VjbtwJQjEUM

Possibly the most important edit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wark Say posted:

It's what I love about the series: The weirdo who goes on rants about language/metaphors to the point that he gets covered in sweat almost murks Giorno and Mista over GioGio going with a "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time :shrug:" winging-it plot.

SAY IT IN FRENCH, DAMMIT

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

we're talking about it so actually I'm thinking it will get changed

i think hwmn has brain worms that would prevent them from changing it

it's their stand

the stand is named [Doctor Worm]

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

ok thanks

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but for real though if a person goes through all that effort to translate it that way i feel confident they're going to resist any attempts to 'westernize' the script even if it's how it's supposed to be parsed

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I love that Passione is made up entirely of magical twinks and one dude with a shovel

Polpo is actually four twinks in a coat.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I mean he's generally fairly strict about that unless he feels that Araki's actual stated intent is to romanize it in that way, though that does get fiddly like with Caato/Kaato or whatever. The point remains that we're talking about it at this very moment though actually since I'm pushing for it to go to Wu

Since I was up until 3am working on that chapter to help typeset in a rush to have it out on time today I guess I just get grouchy when that's the immediate big discussion point but I'm not saying the discussion itself is wholly without merit, just that it's not like it's some hivemind there or whatever

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i do apologize if i'm posting like an rear end in a top hat about it, it was most likely too far. i'm just kind of resigned at this point to the weird and perpetual translation decisions that i'm sure are beyond what most of y'all could have sway over

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's cool, I'm just tired. :( I had to do that chapter and a chapter of another series we're doing in a mega rush so I'm just being grumpy. But yeah, I mean, you are correct in that the buck stops with Kewl himself on the way that stuff is stylized. I'll provide light editing suggestions to him if I have time to do so, I often just don't with the turnaround on these chapters - this one wasn't as bad but the last few have had turnarounds so fast that I'm honestly just kinda burned out on jojolion at the moment and am barely even doing my QC work on the same chapters for JJCA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Wark Say posted:

I just like that dude's Devil Fruit hair.